• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin naltrexone pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
Im about to start taking the 50mg naltrexone pill everyday, I will be taking one 50mg pill a day. some info here I am in no way ready to stop slamming dope I only agreed to take these pills so I have a roof over my head. so I have a few questions about the stuff Im really hoping you guys can give me some info…

Im not stupid, I know that if I take this pill in the morning and then bang dope at night I will feel nothing. but my first question would be how long does the naltrexone stay in your system? I know with vivitrol you get the shot once a month and it blocks the high for an entire month. How long does this pill effectively block the high? lets say I take the pill 5 days in a row, and then somehow manage to not take it for a few days after that, would I be in the clear to get high? would there be too much naltrexone in my system already built up?

and please do not suggest "just pretend to take the pill, or spit it out". I will be watched when I take it.. at least in the beginning. maybe when they begin to trust me more to take it on my own I can get away with that but not at first. really hoping to get some info about this pill and situation. thanks

Naltrexone has the same half life whether you take it orally or have it injected. The only difference is orally administered naltrexone will be slighly less effective per milligram (because some of it is metabolized in your liver & some is just not absorbed).

Naltrexone has something like a ~13 hour half life when you look at its active metabolites. If you take naltrexone for 5-7 days solid then you'll probably need to wait 5-7 days for it to all clear out. For some this will happen faster than others.

Im not sure thats entirely sure otherwise why would you take it everyday, i heard someone say itll take like 2-3 days before you can get high, i got the vivitrol shot an was suppose to take the pills with it but dont take em cuz they make me stretch an have like restless leg syndrome, idk see what other answers you get cause im sure it wont be a week before its gone

Im not sure thats entirely sure otherwise why would you take it everyday

Because the drug gets metabolized and eventually gets less effective at blocking opioids? Naltrexone has a 4 hour half life, its active metabolite naltrexol has a 13 hour half life.
If you keep giving someone naltrexone daily, it will build up in their system (and its metabolites too) because you don't excrete 100% of the dose in 24 hours or less.

The numbers I quoted are worst case figures, I would say 95% of people would be fine after about 3 days. But the longer you take them the more will build up in your body.

Okay i get what you mean, yea thats what i figured like 3 days but like you said worst case a week, thats true, i forgot if you take it everyday it'll build up and take longer to leave, my bad, id say like 3-4 days but your right it could take longer the longer you take it

i had the shot (only one time) and got high 3 weeks later. but a girl once told me that she took ONE naltrexone pill and couldn't get high for 3 days.

Not to play the devils advocate but... Why don't you just pretend to take the pills and get high anyway?

I will be watched when I take it.. at least in the beginning.

The staff checks your mouth to make sure you eat the pill.

update if anyone cares- each time I'm supposed to take the pills I put it in my mouth then push it up with my tongue to the back top of my mouth, walk away, then spit it out. on saturday i accidentally swallowed one, now its monday and i just shot a bag and felt a tiny buzz thats it for about 10 mins. no rush at all.… very disappointing. tomorrow I will try again

I am such a druggie that I used to induce vomiting immediately after taking the pills in rehab, only to discover that it still released at least a portion of the dose in the 2 min it stayed in my throat. I was unable to achieve a high until 72 hours later.

yea i thought i was gonna have to do that to but I'm able to hide it in my mouth. the pill only sits in my cheek for like 20 fucking seconds and i spit the entire thing out. is it even possible that VERY tiny amounts of the naltrexone are being absorbed and therefore still effectively blocking?

I took half a naltrexone pill last night around midnight last night. Today i've been trying to get high all day and it hasn't worked I haven't tried to use dope since about 2:30pm it is now 7:30 pm and I am going to drink a detox drink that I had from attempting to pass drug tests do you think it will help get the naltrexone out of my system so I can get high again? I'm so pissed I took this stupid pill. Please help me.

I am going to drink a detox drink that I had from attempting to pass drug tests do you think it will help get the naltrexone out of my system so I can get high again?

Nope. You have to wait, time is the only option now. "Detox" drinks are a bunch of shit anyway... they're not going to magically wash the drugs out of you. It's exactly the same as just staying hydrated.

You will probably have to wait several days before you can get good effects.

i had the shot (only one time) and got high 3 weeks later. but a girl once told me that she took ONE naltrexone pill and couldn't get high for 3 days.
The first dosage of the vivitrol shot can last only 18-21 days until you help build it up in your system with more monthly doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.