• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naltrexone - info required please

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I wondered what would happen to someone like me, with a tolerance of, say 60mg oxy equivalent, in opiods, who has never had a physical opiate addiction, what would a dose of naltrexone do to me?

I tend to only use opiates for three days then I have opiate free days for a few days and 3 more opiate days, and this is how I've been using recently. I had the equivalent of 60mg oxy for three days this week.
I think I am not in physical dependence of opoids, because, the next day, I snorted 2mg subutex. This did not precipitate a withdrawal.

At 2mg, would this have been insufficient dose of subutex to precipitate a withdrawal, because I heard that it has to be over about 8mg before it acts as an antagonist?

I did another 3mg subutex today, about 14hours ago, and am not feeling any withdrawals of either the oxy or the subutex.
I won't bother with either drug tomorrow, will I feel any withdrawals from the oxy or subby?

Many thanks

You do not need that high dose of sub...... 2 mg maximum is used and that's for tolerant people. Using sub's without getting precipitated withdrawals does not mean you are not dependent just that you had no other active opiates in your system when you used the sub. You can very will be dependent and facing withdrawals when you stop.

Quit your use while you at ahead before you regret it.

3dmusic, it's an interesting sort of experiment your partaking in here, with the alternating of agonist - agonist/antagonist. First off, I just want to dispel what you've heard in regards to an 8mg threshold of buprenorphine being required to precipitate withdrawal. I've experienced it, I've researched it, it's not accurate, so in the future be careful. Precipitated withdrawal is agonizing.

With that said, the fact that you can use buprenorphine without triggering withdrawal is an indicator that you're not significantly dependent on opioids, but at the same time, anyone could tell you that 60mg of oxycodone over a 3 day period is not enough to cause a significant dependence or withdrawal.

Tacodude, what do you mean when you say 2mg is the maximum dose of buprenorphine used?

I got switched from methadone to subs in 2005 and they gave me the subs in 2 mg increments every hour and I was sick the first 2mgs they gave me. I was kind of a guinea pig in the meth clinic because suboxone was rather new (at least in the U.S.) Dumb shit doctors had me start taking subs after only 30 hours off methadone and believe me 2mgs is enough to feel precipitated wds.
The worst part was they kept increasing me telling me I should start feeling better and after giving me 5 more 2 mg doses realized this was not the case I felt much worse!

I don't understand why you want subs or naltrexone...if you're not physically dependent, you don't need either. They don't get you high that's for sure. Subs are just as addictive as opiads....it has a longer half life than oxy. When I kicked my habit, I was up to 200mgs oxy a day. Don't let your tolerance go any higher.

You're so right! The sub and meth docs are nothing but legal drug dealers who end up with patients for life! I tried subs for 3 days and said screw this! When I did the rapid detox, there were people there detoxing from subs and methodone. I have a naltrexone pellet and it saved my life. What I have noticed is that some states only push replacement therapy rather than sobriety...Ohio is one of them. It's inhuman to have to bare withdrawal....

I don't understand why you want subs or naltrexone...if you're not physically dependent, you don't need either. They don't get you high that's for sure. Subs are just as addictive as opiads....it has a longer half life than oxy. When I kicked my habit, I was up to 200mgs oxy a day. Don't let your tolerance go any higher.
If you are not dependent they will get you high but tolerance develops rapidly!!!

You do not need that high dose of sub...... 2 mg maximum is used and that's for tolerant people. Using sub's without getting precipitated withdrawals does not mean you are not dependent just that you had no other active opiates in your system when you used the sub. You can very will be dependent and facing withdrawals when you stop.

Quit your use while you at ahead before you regret it.

I'm definitely psychologicaly addicted to opioiods.
I have fallen out with oxy a bit though, because it raised my opioid tolerance to a level far too high for my peace of mind.
I enjoy codeine and dhc, and the oxy just put my tolerance up so high, I had no choice but to cut down all opiods until my tolerance came down to a level I was more comfy with.
I only took half 40mg oxycodones to boost the dhc I was taking, I didnt dare take a whole oxy or more in case I liked it too much and would have been too weak to resist ordering more. I deliberately denied the experience of more than 60 oxy because I dont really need to know how nice it is. Also, if I take a lot of opoids, while I can sit and gouch out for a bit, I usually end up falling asleep and missing the high, waking up as it wears off.
I am taking opoids less these days also, as I have a benzo addction detox to fund, but I did snort a cheeky 5mg yesterday.
I didnt do the 5 straight off, I snorted it in 1mg lines until my mood lifted, then I put the rest away for another time. It's a shame it took five mgs subby to get me where I wanted to be, but taking less just makes me agitated for some reason, its a strange drug is subby.
I am that scared of opiates that someone posted me two green 80 oxycodone pills by mistake and hadn't realised. I could haave quite easily have taken them, but I sent them back, telling the poster he had sent them to the wrong address. He commended my honesty but was a bit perplexed that I would send them back, rather than just take them, as he never knew I had them, and they are very sought after. I just didn't want to know how nice an 80mg oxy pill felt, because at nearly £50 a shot, it's just not worth the money.

Last edited:
3dmusic, it's an interesting sort of experiment your partaking in here, with the alternating of agonist - agonist/antagonist. First off, I just want to dispel what you've heard in regards to an 8mg threshold of buprenorphine being required to precipitate withdrawal. I've experienced it, I've researched it, it's not accurate, so in the future be careful. Precipitated withdrawal is agonizing.

With that said, the fact that you can use buprenorphine without triggering withdrawal is an indicator that you're not significantly dependent on opioids, but at the same time, anyone could tell you that 60mg of oxycodone over a 3 day period is not enough to cause a significant dependence or withdrawal.

Tacodude, what do you mean when you say 2mg is the maximum dose of buprenorphine used?
I hear you about precip, sounds too scary, so I ensure I am safe before snorting the subby.
I am scared of opoids, because I have a lot of people around me who have got into trouble with them, so, why I do have as big a problem as a physical addict, my addiction is psychological.
I daren't do oxys again though, they scare me. Its nice to gouch out for a bit, but its a shame when you doze off and miss the high.
Also I daren't try certain drugs I may like too much. I like LSD but it isn't as dangerous as oxy, and its not a drug I would want to do more than a few times a year as its a totally different keetle of fish, I was just using it as an example, unlike oxy, where its so nice you want more and more.
I never tried crack alxo, in case I like it too much, as I am an ex speed addict, and it's ok saying a drug is really nice etc, but the problem is not going back to it over and over again. I hate the feel of cocaine though, so I am not in much danger of trying crack out to see what its like as cocaine turned me into a bore, who felt pissed off when I had to shut up so others could get a word in edgeways.

overall, though, as I have had to fund enough valiums to do a taper, there is no money left for opiates now, except the once a month ones I always did. I used to get high off just a few opiate pills when I did them less frequently. Looks like my tolerance will lower as I have no choice, as there will be less opiates around, but I will probably get a better high off 4 dhc, then the 16 I was having to take when that oxy messed up my tolerance.