• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naltrexone -help/advice please

blaine0136

Bluelighter
I have an issue, I took naltrexone 25mg pills for 8 days straight

I discontinued using naltrexone about 8 weeks ago, however im still feeling its effects

I still have an exaggerated feeling of well-being/runners high, my hair is still thinning and i get no pleasure from orgasm

im really worried why this is carrying on? i hope i have not permanently damaged myself?

any experiences/help would be really appreciated

I fucking hate when people tell me this, but I think its pretty safe to say this is in your head.

This doesnt mean that what youre experiencing isnt real. Psychological problems often manifest themselves in very physical ways.

I would try to simply "get over it" for awhile. If this doesnt work than check out therapy for sure.

Why were you taking naltrexone?

I fucking hate when people tell me this, but I think its pretty safe to say this is in your head.

This doesnt mean that what youre experiencing isnt real. Psychological problems often manifest themselves in very physical ways.

I would try to simply "get over it" for awhile. If this doesnt work than check out therapy for sure.

Why were you taking naltrexone?

i took tramadol for 7 months and it left me with issues, please do not tell me 7 months isnt long enough to cause issues, i know what i feel

but seriously orgasm feels like urinating, sorry for being graphic i feel no pleasure what so ever, thats why im worried

I think you should see a doctor - I don't think its related to naltrexone. I was on the vivitrol shot for 8 months straight, and then took the naltrexone pill for a few months after. I stopped cold turkey and didn't have any longer effects. In the past I would take the pill for a month or two and never noticed any ill effects from stopping. Good luck!

these issues happened only after naltrexone, im tired of people telling me everything is in my head, its bullshit. just like they said 7 months of tramadol wouldnt cause permanent changes - it did. thats why i needed naltrexone

Maybe giving us a more details would help.

-General drug history
-What doses did you take?
-How long did you take each drug?
-When did you quick taking tramadol and why did you take it?
-Was the naltrexone and tramadol prescribed?
-Are you currently seeing a doctor or psych/therapist?
-What symptoms did you have after stopping tramadol, but prior to naltrexone?
-What symptoms did you expect the naltrexone to fix?

Please be thorough or there will juet be more questions.

Maybe giving us a more details would help.

-General drug history
-What doses did you take?
-How long did you take each drug?
-When did you quick taking tramadol and why did you take it?
-Was the naltrexone and tramadol prescribed?
-Are you currently seeing a doctor or psych/therapist?
-What symptoms did you have after stopping tramadol, but prior to naltrexone?
-What symptoms did you expect the naltrexone to fix?

Please be thorough or there will juet be more questions.

im sorry;

i took tramadol at 50mg x2 then i got addicted and eventually was taking 4x 50mg a day
Naltrexone was 25mg for 8 days straight
tramadol was for back pain, however like i said i got addicted
tramadol was prescribed, naltrexone wasnt because doctors didnt 'believe' my issues were real
i am seeing no doctor right
i was hoping naltrexone would improve my sex drive, resensitive my receptors etc

must be around 18 months. please before you reply, its not all in my head, im very sensitive to many medications, 7 months of tramadol might seem like nothing but it left me with real issues

If anyone else has experienced problems with naltrexone, i'd like to hear your experiences. thank you

Do these problems you are experiencing subside if you take naltrexone again ?
Did you feel "high" whilst taking it ? I always thought naltrexone would make one feel dysphoric :eek:

no these problems started when i took naltrexone and are still persisting

high as in runners high, yes. which i still have now, exercise is very euphoric

after 8 weeks it surely should have metabolized out now, but its effects are still very obvious

I really think you should see a doctor and have bloodwork done. I'm not doubting what you are experiencing, but understand most people don't have that reaction to naltrexone. if I were in your position I would want a full panel, to rule anything obvious out, and verify liver kidneys are good. I would also want to test hormones levels to verify that there isn't something a miss there, and maybe check vitamin levels to make sure there isn't an underlying deficency. The symptoms you describe occur in some hormone disorders as well as in some deficencies. It's possible the naltrexone was enough of a catalyst to alter function or change levels to the point that you are having these symptoms.

I understand this is not what you want to hear, but your reaction to a low dose of naltrexone is not typical, and you may not find a quick fix via Internet forums. I understand that doctors may be dismissive when you tell them these symptoms are caused by short term low dose naltrexone, but if you leave the naltrexone part out I bet they're more inclined to run more in depth tests. Perhaps see a new doctor who hasn't worked with you before.

benzo girl, dont get me wrong, i appreciate what you are saying but i dont think vitamin deficiency or hormone levels explain why i get NO pleasure from orgasm, it feels like im urinating, and i am sorry to be graphic but that is the truth

I just think Naltrexone has screwed my receptors, i havent tried an opiate pain pill since this all started, maybe i should try it and see what happens

If you dont get pleasure how are you squeaking out orgasms? When i have too much of a substance i can't "O" at all and end up frustrated.

You need to see a psych or therapist. Cognitive Behavioral therapy will go a long ways. The drug you used (tramadol) and dose you used are relatively benign.

We've all read this story a thousand times on BL, I assure you Im not pulling this out of my ass.

It's the feeling, theres no pleasure when i orgasm, its not like SSRI's where you cant orgasm at all, i can masturbate and enjoy it but when it comes time to orgasm - nothing, no pleasure, no good feeling, numbed

You need to see a psych or therapist. Cognitive Behavioral therapy will go a long ways. The drug you used (tramadol) and dose you used are relatively benign.

We've all read this story a thousand times on BL, I assure you Im not pulling this out of my ass.

if you're read this story so many times then people cant all be imagining it, i dont want to sound like an asshole but this is definitely happening and its not in my head.

my question is, should i take a pain pill to see if my receptors are still blocked?

Youre not imagining it, its a psychological problem manifesting in a physical way. Your endorphins, dopamine, and 100 other chemicals in your head aren't normalized yet. This takes a long time to return to normal depending on how psychologically addicted you were.

Feel free to wait years for this to happen, or go see a shrink and speed things up. Often with cognitive behavioral therapy this time can be reduced to a month or 2.

Lack of interest in sex, sensitivity, and general libido are almost universall symtoms for anyone quiting a drug. Most of your pleasure is from your brain dumping all its feel good chems. For most, once their drug of choice goes, so does sex.

Your recptors arent blocked. Taking any drug is just going to prolong this especially naltrexone. Research Ultra low dose naltrexone therapy (ULDN). Wastenof time IMO, but it works for some.

Go see a therapist.