• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naltrexone.. good or bad for post detox ?

Greenlighter
Does anyone know about this vivitrol/naltrexone in a 50mg pill ?
I been clean for 7 days off opiates, and I have this stuff to pop when I have urges on fridays and saturdays.

Whats confusing is its 2mg in suboxone strip, and in this pill its 50mg,

whats more confusing is it might cause WDs? it said somewhere...
yet its supposed to feed your endorphins,

There was a member on here a couple weeks ago that had naltrexone IV at his Dr. office...went through hell
Look through the search engine up top on the right.

I believe suboxone contains naloxone, not naltrexone.

I know naltrexone is prescribed for alcohol cravings, but tbh I haven't heard of it being prescribed for opioid cravings. Not saying it wouldn't potentially work, just haven't heard of it. It will basically keep you from being able to get high from opioids as long as you keep taking it.

If you were to take naltrexone while dependent on opioids it will cause precipitated withdrawal, even worse than buperenorphine I would assume, since it is an antagonist and not a partial agonist.

It just prevents you from being able to get high on opioids for the day... it doesn't do anything for cravings whatsoever.

i take wellbutrin xl for the mental sluggish state, it works well, and indirectly it made me quit smoking and drinking....I ride a bike daily to speed up the endorphins recovery.. BUT whats f. up, Im RAGING pretty bad, even worse then when I was on smack/suboxone/oxycontin/methadone... Its day 8 for me of sobriety, I was interested in naltrexone, because i wanted to take it on the weekend, and that way my mind wont even think about drugs, cause it wont work anyways.. during the week i dont even think about it... I take .25 xanax at bedtime.. I just want to know when I will stop hopping out of the car to fight people, and ready to destroy...Thats crazy, I have to force myself to ride bike, yet somehow, I am ready to confront perps all day.. I was convinced that opiates made me aggressive, not too many people talk about rage after detox...

Post Acute Withdrawal can last as short as 30 days and worst case for as long as a year or longer. Only eight days? You're gonna feel like shit for while. Incidentally alprazolam mite be adding to the rage factor as it's been shown to cause paradoxical reactions in some people ( instead of calming you down it makes you super pissed for example )

I can't abide any stage of opiate w.d. so I stay on tramadol.

As far as Naltrexone, I've read of people getting the 6 month I.M. shot ( can't think of the name of it ) and going through HELL. Doctors tell you it does not block natural endorphin but I am pretty sure if fucks with your natural endorphin levels in some manner.

i was suspecting the adverse xanax reactions... if youre on a crazy side you shouldnt do drugs period, i cut two guys in self defense move, had to do 45 in the county, that was in 2000, all my offenses are on drugs.. im guessing 3 weeks, i should be legit for the most part, cause i was tapering forever of sub, and last 3 weeks i did vicodin, so sub dont linger as long.. i mean i went and bike 8 miles each of the 4 first days, i couldnt believe it... i think if there is a will there is a way... people over 30 might want to get on anti depressents, it works for me, once i get up, i can move about, but last time i was getting of sub in 2011, i was bed written for 2 months...

i was suspecting the adverse xanax reactions... if youre on a crazy side you shouldnt do drugs period, i cut two guys in self defense move, had to do 45 in the county, that was in 2000, all my offenses are on drugs.. im guessing 3 weeks, i should be legit for the most part, cause i was tapering forever of sub, and last 3 weeks i did vicodin, so sub dont linger as long.. i mean i went and bike 8 miles each of the 4 first days, i couldnt believe it... i think if there is a will there is a way... people over 30 might want to get on anti depressents, it works for me, once i get up, i can move about, but last time i was getting of sub in 2011, i was bed written for 2 months...

At what dosage did you jump off?

As, stated, it won't help cravings. It'll often induce depression, adehonia, dysphoria, etc... And provides nothing good, except opioid blockade. I also agree it likely blocks natural endorphins. I've heard very few reports of long term use agreeing with opioid dependent persons.

Tread carefully. Pills are good, you can stop if you must, not like being screwed in the ass by a bolus inj!

HR content - this will do nothing for cravings, it will lower tolerance if you don't take an agonist or bupe for awhile. Be careful if you relapse, use less. Test shots, naloxone kit, not alone. And do not take a naltrexone pill until you're in w/ds, m kind of obvious.

At what dosage did you jump off?

When I was working I did 1mg of suboxone total a 1 day. maybe 1.2 cause strip lasted a 6 days..Then one day I got laid off and got unemployment, so I saw an opportunity to jump off. I got on vikes for about 3 weeks. last week was 5-12mg a day,, thats really when I went into RLS bad one hour a day..and ofcourse lazy..Wellbutrin really helping me with mental motivation..and I have more energy. One all those opiates I would get hyped unlike most people nodded.. So to me off dope and pills I was a mute as predicted, YET being a deadman walking I find the energy to be a psycho when someone tailgates me or someone belittles me directly or indrirectly... I had 2 interviews this week for a co...IF they tell me next week youre hired come monday, Im seriously scared of myself

As, stated, it won't help cravings. It'll often induce depression, adehonia, dysphoria, etc... And provides nothing good, except opioid blockade. I also agree it likely blocks natural endorphins. I've heard very few reports of long term use agreeing with opioid dependent persons.

Tread carefully. Pills are good, you can stop if you must, not like being screwed in the ass by a bolus inj!

HR content - this will do nothing for cravings, it will lower tolerance if you don't take an agonist or bupe for awhile. Be careful if you relapse, use less. Test shots, naloxone kit, not alone. And do not take a naltrexone pill until you're in w/ds, m kind of obvious.

thanks for the input, i only need to kill the potential dope craving at birth on friday and saturday...i dont want to get high during the week...Perhaps the depression is the lack of dope in the system all those people are not used to not having... block natural endorphins??? whats the consensus of the public on that?? is that a myth... i wonder if 25mg will block a chitown bag of dope..

If your a heavy opiate user and want to go in to the worst instant withdrawals you will ever experience in your life, then by all means pop a 50mg naltrexone a couple hours after u get high. Quickest and most mentally terrifying detox ever.

no shit... well i did wait 7 days..Im on day 2 of 25mg(half of a pill) And I was not a heavy user. I was concerned about people talking about natural endorphins being blocked..Plus Im a closet raging maniac right now...This doctor says Neltexone is all good.. Dr. Stuart Wasser. He wrote...

Some patients voice a concern that naltrexone would reduce pleasure by blocking natural pleasure chemicals; however, clinical experience shows this does not happen. Its' action as an inverse agonist explains how naltrexone can work without having to have a major blocking effect on the natural endorphins and enkephalins. While it is possible that these are partially blocked, millions of years of evolution have resulted in a high degree of attraction between the natural endorphins and the receptor; any block seems to be overcome. Therefore, people do not have to overly fear the loss of pleasure from losing their own endorphins.
Another effect of Naltrexone is to block kappa receptors in the brain. This will relieve anxiety and irritability. Kappa receptors are a sub-class of opiate receptors. Unlike mu receptors, which when stimulated result in euphoria and pain relief, kappa receptor stimulation will cause psychological distress. In animal studies, when kappa receptors are blocked, there is evidence of an improved psychological state. Naltrexone blocks kappa receptors and will therefore improve mood and reduce cravings. In fact, this may indicate a need to continue naltrexone for several months or longer to keep cravings under control.

Here is where I fucked up, maybe thats why I been lazy as shiiiiiit today..

You need to obtain a razor blade. Cut the pill in half, than cut one half into quarters and then, one quarter into eighths. Take one eighth. I double the dose every day until the whole pill is taken If withdrawal is precipitated on a given day, the same dose is repeated the following day. Any withdrawal felt on subsequent days will be far less.