• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Naltrexone Early Withdrawal and Hell

Libertine009

Greenlighter
Word to the wise. Please learn from my error.

I have had small H habit for past 3 weeks. No big deal right? Quit 4 days ago. Split a 8mg strip 4/2/2 consecutive days. Well for some reason I thought it would be ok to take a naltrexone my doctor prescribed me couple months back, for alcohol go figure.

Took 50mg naltrexone pill last night at midnight before bed. I have never taken one of these in my life. Sitting on my shelf and I think blocker, great, assist me in staying the course.

I had taken 2mg sub earlier. Actually felt fine and I have used this method often. Subs are a lot stronger than people think. Usually (2) 8mg strips stretched out smaller and smaller doses works.

Well..within the hour of ingesting it.OMG!!! I nearly called for an ambulance. I have kicked cold turkey many times. Nothing and I mean nothing compared to how awful this was. By 5am. My unbearable anxiety began to turn to terror (no benzos y'all). I was coming completely unglued, freezing, heart rate way high, BP through the roof, pupils took over entire eye, things flying uncontrollably from every orifice. Was within minutes of calling 911 as the symptoms and intensity kept ramping up. My poor gf (straight edge) actually began to worry for me.

After 6-10 hours of this, I managed 2 hours of "sleep" got up, Googled what the fuck just happened...

I had no idea. Jesus.
Ok. It's 18 hours later, feel relatively well. Stomach pain at times. Lethargic. Nose run. But overall much better. Yeah don't do this without heavy sedatives/benzos and maybe an observer. I swear I was strongly considering an ER visit at the peak (3-6 hours). Bad move. Get clean. Stay clean. Fuck this nonsense

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...UNLESS YOU ARE A MASOCHIST.

Always Google first!

I'd never take a 50mg pill of something I'd never taken. Maybe a tiny pinch, but never that much.

Bupe fks with me bad. I hate it.

Glad you're doing okay now. Lesson learned, eh?

This is why you should always do some research before taking a new drug.
Glad that you're alright!

I'm kind of wondering how this happened as I would assume bupe is stronger than naltraxone and would still bind to the receptor over naltraxone. Was this precipitated withdrawal from the naltraxone removing the bupe or due to bipes ability to cause pwd

I'm kind of wondering how this happened as I would assume bupe is stronger than naltraxone and would still bind to the receptor over naltraxone. Was this precipitated withdrawal from the naltraxone removing the bupe or due to bipes ability to cause pwd
Some sources state that the Ki of naltrexone is smaller than the Ki of bupe and the smaller the Ki, the greater the binding affinity
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-661568.html
NALTREXONE
- μ - Mu = Affinity: 0.39nM Activity: Antagonist (-)

BUPRENORPHINE
- μ - Mu = Affinity: 0.9nM Activity: Partial Agonist, Efficacy: 34%

Naltrexone is also probably an inverse agonist meaning that it can essentially cause the receptor to disappear, thus meaning that it may not matter too much even if bupe had a higher affinity for mu opioid receptor than naltrexone

If I stopped taking my naltrexone pills to use how long do I wait to start up naltrexone again?