• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Naltrexone After One Use

dejay126

Greenlighter
So here's the deal. I got out of rehab and relapsed a few days later on h. I don't want to continue this cycle and I'm about to lose everything. I have some naltrexone in pill form (revia).

Since I'm not opioid dependant at the moment would it be safe to take the revia today (24 hours after one time use) and not go into wothdrawl. I would assume that you would only withdrawl if you were opioid dependant.

Not real sure what to do. I want to know that the opiates would be blocked if I attempted them, that'll help me for now, but I don't want to go into some full blown withdrawl by taking this medicine too early.

Thanks in advance. I hope to hear from you guys. I've looked this up extensively and have found no information. Everything I found was in regards to opiate dependant people going into precip because of taking it.

It depends on how much you did. From that point, figure the half life out. 24 hours should be pretty good. What opiate did you do? If you didn't do a whole lot, any withdrawal feeling should be minimal. Just do it. I OD'ed once and they shot me up and I felt it stop, but no crazy withdrawal feelings. Just do it. It would help if you posted the opiate/opioid you did. I still say just do it. Don't make such a big deal in your head about it.

Last edited:
I did about 5 bags of h, I'm feeling a little down today but definitely not withdrawl symptoms. I do feel like I'm making a bigger deal of this in my head but I just don't wanna take it and end up sick as a dog for no reason. I could wait till tomorrow, but I'd like to take the revia today to make sure I'm not tempted to use again.

I was not physically addicted to opiates when I took 25 mg of Naltrexone around 16 hours (give or take an hour) after I used 90 mg of oxycodone. I was sent into precipitated withdrawal for the next 22 hours! It was 20x worse than all of the many cold turkey withdrawals from oxycodone that I have been through. I can honestly say it was the sickest I have ever felt in my life.

When my doctor prescribed me the Naltrexone he told me to wait at least 48 hours because he knew that I did not have a physical addiction to oxycodone. The research I have done says to wait 7-10 days after last use of opiates (longer for methadone and suboxone/subutex).

Just remember your situation is different than mine as they are different opiates and quantities and your metabolism is not the same as mine. My advice is to wait as long as you possibly can before you take it to avoid any chance of precipitated withdrawal.