• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Naloxone

drscience

Bluelighter
I was wondering what the best way to be safe with opiates in case I OD.

I have an ampule of Naloxone and am considering keeping it in a fanny pack with a few syringes. Am also considering getting a MedicAlert bracelet that says I am prescribed high amounts of opiate painkillers. If I am barely breathing and my lips are blue, open fanny pack for resuscitation instructions.

Anyone have any ways to improve this?

I think most EMTs would already be coming straight at you with the narcan from the ambulance but the note does hurt esp. regarding your tolerance. I recently came across a vial of naloxone which is rare in my neck of the woods. Now I just need a needle to keep with t like you suggested. Trading dope for naxolone felt kinda morbidly serendipitous to me lol

Last edited:
they have naloxone one time use syringes for IM use that are pre loaded and ready to go ive heard. Thats better than someone trying to save you that has no idea how load a syringe and how much to give you.

Self monitor yourself before you fall asleep. You will know when your heart is beating too slow. Best way to prevent an OD is to force yourself to stay awake until your BPM returns to a safe zone. Take a walk, jog ect to get your heart rate going again. Waiting usually an hour or so after can save your life.

edit: they also have intranasal Naloxone so if someone notices you like that all they would need to do is spray it in your nose. IMO this is a much more viable solution then IV