• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

NAC

I think the stuff about redistribution of heavy metals above is somewhat hyperbole and misunderstood, not least since it relates to all 'detoxification' agents, not just NAC. Y'all might find this review helpful:

So, it seems that this is saying chelation agents more commonly act within internal tissues more readily, often binding to heavy metals for excretion—particularly if the Chelator is water soluble.

Fat soluble Chelators pose greater risk of Redistributing toxins because they are excreted through bile.

it seems to be saying NAC is generally safe and doesn’t cause redistribution.

Did I understand that correctly?

I don't get it lol does it work on md or help with any issues related to drugs and alcohol?

I don't get it lol does it work on md or help with any issues related to drugs and alcohol?

It’s a detoxifier. It’s suppose to support your vital organs in the removal of free radicals, which many seem to produce.
But this thread is about NAC mobilizing the mercury that is in amalgam fillings.

there were a few people in here who said that NAC helped them stop have cravings, one particular stand out said for cocaine.

I think the stuff about redistribution of heavy metals above is somewhat hyperbole and misunderstood, not least since it relates to all 'detoxification' agents, not just NAC. Y'all might find this review helpful:

A lot of interesting info in that article.

But, from the experience of the Dr Andy Cutler and the people he helped, the chelators with a single thiol group, and the natural stuff like cilantro without unknown half-life are not safe mercury chelators.

I'm talking regularly with people who healed from mercury toxicity, and they only used ALA, DMSA and DMPS as chelators.

My understanding is that NAC is supposed to help with MDMA tolerance due to activity with the dopamine system. However, this thread has been talking about it more as a detoxifying agent.

I personally did not feel that NAC improved my MDMA experiences. However, I may not have taken enough to be effective.

@trogere I went down the mercury detoxification research rabbit hole a few years back. I stumbled into the Andy Cutler community as well. A lot of people recommend that protocol over the others. I don't pretend to fully understand all of it. There is a lot of pseudo-science mixed in with actual science, and it can become difficult to pick it all apart. I am actually about to get a hair test done to see what my mercury and nutrient levels look like, as recommended by the Andy Cutler people. Zinc has definitely helped me feel better, in general. I have not tried their ALA recommended protocol though.

I suggest waiting at least 24 hours before taking MDMA after taking NAC. Lots of users have reported diminished effects from MDMA when combining it with NAC.

I believe NAC has a half life of 5.6 hours, so theoretically I'd wait around 36 hours ideally just to ensure you have a great roll.

@trogere I went down the mercury detoxification research rabbit hole a few years back. I stumbled into the Andy Cutler community as well. A lot of people recommend that protocol over the others. I don't pretend to fully understand all of it. There is a lot of pseudo-science mixed in with actual science, and it can become difficult to pick it all apart. I am actually about to get a hair test done to see what my mercury and nutrient levels look like, as recommended by the Andy Cutler people. Zinc has definitely helped me feel better, in general. I have not tried their ALA recommended protocol though.

I'm 23 rounds of DMSA/ALA/DMPS in. With the load of supplements. Life is not perfect, but I'm much better than last year before starting all this :)