• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

NAC

Malafight82

Greenlighter
I've been taking 500mg NAC for about 3 weeks before my roll last night and was told not to take it near the days when im taking M. I want to take it to help with regeneration too, and wanted to make sure when its safe to start taking it. Right now its been about 12 hours since i took my last dose of M.

Thanks!

In my experience, taking NAC, even on the same day of dosing does not diminish the roll at all.
I take NAC every day and take an extra large amount near the end of the roll.

Right now its been about 12 hours since i took my last dose of M.

You should be fine to start taking immediately.

Report back if you think of it. I'm curious what our experience with NAC is. It seems really promising

Been looking into nac for alcohol and smoking cessation. Is there anything it can’t do
lol apparently it can somehow modulate glutamate and dopamine transmission but idk how that would lead to the effects that have been observed

If you're talking about n acetyl cysteine, you should avoid it, especially if you have dental amalgam. The thiol group on it will catch and redistribute mercury everywhere in your body and slowly make you sick.

Last edited:
If you're talking about n acetyl cysteine, you should avoid it, especially if you have dental amalgam. The thiol group on it will catch and redistribute mercury everywhere in your body and slowly make you sick.

I could see it being a problem with an amalgam but wouldn’t that be beneficial to help clear mercury out of the body if talking just residual from environment?

-GC

I could see it being a problem with an amalgam but wouldn’t that be beneficial to help clear mercury out of the body if talking just residual from environment?

-GC

Here, I will copying the words of the Dr Andy Cutler:

True chelators are identified by the presence of two thiol groups.

Many health practitioners incorrectly advise chlorella, cysteine, NAC and glutathione for chelation, which are not true chelators in the chemical sense, as they do not contain two or more binding groups (dithiol groups). Instead, they contain only one thiol group making them ineffectual chelators, with the capacity to simply move metals around, and cause more problems. These compounds can make matters worse by redistributing stored metals i.e. mobilizing them from their storage sites, but failing to bind and excrete them. This is like stirring up a hornets nest.

Here, I will copying the words of the Dr Andy Cutler:

Kind of related question, would these be ineffective for removing platinum as well in the case of platinum based chemotherapy drugs?

I read glutathione can be good for helping to reduce toxicity from these drugs, I wonder if that’s based on chelation or some other mechanism..

Note I may sound like an idiot cuz I may not know what I’m talking about entirely..

As well, if said substances like glutathione don’t work what easy to access ones do?

-GC

Kind of related question, would these be ineffective for removing platinum as well in the case of platinum based chemotherapy drugs?

I read glutathione can be good for helping to reduce toxicity from these drugs, I wonder if that’s based on chelation or some other mechanism..

Note I may sound like an idiot cuz I may not know what I’m talking about entirely..

-GC

I never heard about the chelation of platinum. Platinum is highly unreactive. It doesn't mean it's impossible, only that I never heard about it.

What I'm the most familiar with is ¸the chelation of mercury, arsenic and lead. I also heard it is possible to chelate cadmium. I never heard about an effective way to chelate gadolinium (toxic MRI contrast to avoid)

Does it bring bàck the magic

The safer guess to bring back the magic is a very long break and responsible use. I wish I was able to moderate my use when I started on MDMA. It went from pure magic/life change expériences to anxious come-up, empty highs and bad comedowns. Even after a 4 years break, I took one heavy dose with two friends taking MDMA for the first time. They were so deep in it, talking about love and all, and in my mind it was like "it's all fake, they simply took drugs". I am 10 years free of MDMA since september this year :)

Zinc and N-acetylcysteine modify mercury distribution and promote increase in hepatic metallothionein levels
Abstract
This study investigated the ability of zinc (Zn) and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in preventing the biochemical alterations caused by mercury (Hg) and the retention of this metal in different organs. Adult female rats received ZnCl2 (27 mg/kg) and/or NAC (5 mg/kg) or saline (0.9%) subcutaneously and after 24 h they received HgCl2 (5 mg/kg) or saline (0.9%). Twenty-four hours after, they were sacrificed and analyses were performed. Hg inhibited hepatic, renal, and blood δ-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (δ-ALA-D) activity, decreased renal total thiol levels, as well as increased serum creatinine and urea levels and aspartate aminotransferase activity. HgCl2-exposed groups presented an important retention of Hg in all the tissues analyzed. All pre-treatments demonstrated tendency in preventing hepatic δ-ALA-D inhibition, whereas only ZnCl2 showed this effect on blood enzyme. Moreover, the combination of these compounds completely prevented liver and blood Hg retention. The exposure to Zn and Hg increased hepatic metallothionein levels. These results show that Zn and NAC presented promising effects against the toxicity caused by HgCl2.

Although this study was done in rats, I wonder if alone NAC would have that potential problem but combined with another substance it becomes the opposite.

I just started taking it about a week ago and it has literally severely reduced, to now, eliminated my cravings for cocaine. I could not believe how well it has worked for me.

Last edited:
Zinc and N-acetylcysteine modify mercury distribution and promote increase in hepatic metallothionein levels
Abstract
This study investigated the ability of zinc (Zn) and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in preventing the biochemical alterations caused by mercury (Hg) and the retention of this metal in different organs. Adult female rats received ZnCl2 (27 mg/kg) and/or NAC (5 mg/kg) or saline (0.9%) subcutaneously and after 24 h they received HgCl2 (5 mg/kg) or saline (0.9%). Twenty-four hours after, they were sacrificed and analyses were performed. Hg inhibited hepatic, renal, and blood δ-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (δ-ALA-D) activity, decreased renal total thiol levels, as well as increased serum creatinine and urea levels and aspartate aminotransferase activity. HgCl2-exposed groups presented an important retention of Hg in all the tissues analyzed. All pre-treatments demonstrated tendency in preventing hepatic δ-ALA-D inhibition, whereas only ZnCl2 showed this effect on blood enzyme. Moreover, the combination of these compounds completely prevented liver and blood Hg retention. The exposure to Zn and Hg increased hepatic metallothionein levels. These results show that Zn and NAC presented promising effects against the toxicity caused by HgCl2.

Although this study was done in rats, I wonder if alone NAC would have that potential problem but combined with another substance it becomes the opposite.

I just started taking it about a week ago and it has literally severely reduced, to now, eliminated my cravings for cocaine. I could not believe how well it has worked for me.

This article is interesting. I'm wondering if the mercury was excreted outside of the body, or stocked in other organs that weren't tested. In the past year, I had the opportunity to discuss with several people who got very sick with other thiol products like chorella and and glutathione. Personnally, I got sick from a thiol-heavy diet. I'm daily dosing zinc to protect myself from the damages of mercury.

Not everyone is equal against mercury. There are some genetical mutations that makes a part of the population more sensible to mercury, their body will keep the mercury in instead of moving it out.

It's great news that NAC reduced your cocaine cravings.

If you continue with NAC, there is a list of symptoms that are signs of mercury redistribution to watch for:

Acrodynia such as emotional instability, loss of appetite, general weakness, and skin changesAnorexiaCardiovascular problems
Cognitive/neurological impairments/memory loss/decrease in mental functionDelusions/delirium/hallucinationDermatological conditions
Endocrine disruption/
enlargement of thyroid
Erethism [such as irritability, abnormal responses to stimulation, and emotional instability]Fatigue
HeadachesHearing lossImmune system impairments
InsomniaNerve response changes/decreased coordination/ weakness, atrophy, and twitchingOral manifestations/ gingivitis/metallic taste/oral lichenoid lesions/salivation
Psychological issues/mood swings/anger, depression, irritability, and nervousnessRenal [kidney] problemsRespiratory problems
Shyness [excessive shyness]/social withdrawalTremors/mercurial tremors/ intention tremorsWeight loss

I think the stuff about redistribution of heavy metals above is somewhat hyperbole and misunderstood, not least since it relates to all 'detoxification' agents, not just NAC. Y'all might find this review helpful: