Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

N-Isopropylbenzylamine is the new Aussie Meth

SweetPuffMelby

Greenlighter
Report in if you can find any real meth left in Australia.
This iso shit is everywhere now and people are forgetting what real meth is!
Abbot's task force has almost won...
But what about those left ingesting n-isopropylbenzylamine?
Let's establish Task Force N-Iso and get to the bottom of this !

Hi SweetPuffMelby,

As youve mentioned, isopropylbenzylamine has for a long time been a problem with meth on the streets. Unfortantly i guess its a case of 'who you know'. I dont want to come accross as dick sizeing, but i can confirm theres thankfully still high purity meth hiting the shores in decent quantities ( according too a friend of a friend of a friends great grand mother..)

But i know many people like yourself that are struggling too find half decent stuff. If you come accross a mixed batch, it might be an idea to touch up on some basic chemistry and learn temp controlled dual solvent recrystalisation.
Cheers
AT

There’s definitely good stuff around still if you know where to find it... downside it, shits expensive as fuck. Keeps me from taking it more than once every few months now at least.

Rediculously good D-Meth finally is around. Damn good price too, but no doubt that would flacuate depending on circles. If you come accross it enjoy, its about time that real old school stuff returned. Mother of Peal coke is banging too, that said i rarely do coke. But the tiny line i had hit real good and my coke head mates where rating it how i rate the shard. About time Melbourne!

now good ole fashion speed. I would give my left testicle for some beautiful speed.

I hate meth so much I would literally chuck it down the loo if I found any. Vile shit.

I got a script for dexies. I prefer it to meth tbh. Cleaner and a lot cheaper lol. I have done my day with meth especially reading this thread. Great coke is always around in my circles but its exxy. You can get the normal priced stuff but paying the extra works out far cheaper and its less morish.

Dexies never really hit the spot for me. I found them more twitchy than meth, very easy to get overstimulated and harder to actually get a satisfying buzz going. And of course you can't put them in a glass pipe to twirl (whether that's a plus or minus depends on the individual I guess) :/

Anyway is there a thread somewhere on N-Isopropylbenzylamine? I've been getting some batches over the last 6 months which were definitely either not clean meth or felt like something close but not quite the real thing. Of course this is par for the course, especially when you've been out of the scene for 5 years and don't have awesome hookups, but if this stuff is known to be out there I'd like to have at least a half decent idea of what it is.

Edit: found this description http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ne-from-meth?highlight=N-Isopropylbenzylamine

Sounds pretty close to a batch I was getting last August. I think it was just a mild cutter, since it still had typical d-meth effects and was quite euphoric, but it had a very specific set of side effects which everyone who tried it commented on: intense muscle cramps which would come on almost instantly and only be relieved by magnesium, strong vasoconstriction, GI distress (reflux and burping) and unusually strong and consistent chest tightness, followed by uncomfortable bursts of palpitations on the comedown. Nasty.

Anyway it's meth, so who the fuck ever knows? But still. Luckily I haven't come across a batch like that since, or heard anything about it, although I'm mostly out of the loop so eh.

Last edited:
I think with dexies is getting the dosage right. One mate said it felt like the old speed of the 80's early 90's which it does.But horses for courses. The neuro damage of meth scares me a bit. I dont know the extent of it nor the result but if it really fucks with dopamine production or effect then thats a big no for me.
I am a bit like Zeph. I preferred the old bikers meth base. I like meth but with a script for d5's and the money and access to quality coke i can give it a miss though my life situation has curtailed my drug use significantly

It's years since I was a regular meth user (though I still have a twirl from time to time, maybe 1-2 times per year) and recently I have been using dexamphetamine. I am sure there is still decent stuff getting about, but probably 3/4 times I have used meth in the last 2-3 years the quality has been fairly sub-par. I don't know if this stuff was cut with N-Isopropylbenzylamine or not, I didn't get any of the side effects mentioned by Crankinit, but I was only taking 50-200mg on these occasions, and perhaps one needs higher doses to notice the negative effects.

I have to admit, I prefer Dexies to the low quality meth that tends to do the rounds a lot of the time. The doses are consistent, the urge to redose is lower, its easier to sleep, and I don't waste any of my buzz puffing on a glass pipe. Dexies are definitely not as euphoric as good meth, but from the perspective of keeping use in check, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah I'll admit that when I was getting dexies I was less than moderate in my dosing. This was 7 - 8 years back and I was getting a bunch of them very cheaply at a time when I was studying and working a job I hated on top, so I'd munch them to get through the day, then end up awake half the night, then munch more to wake up the next morning. Then more to go out on Friday night....

That said I did try lower doses but I found the effects very uneven - I'd feel nicely buzzed and focused on 10 - 15mg, but after 60 - 90 minutes I'd lose the focus and start feeling kind of dysphoric while still being physically quite stimulated, so I'd have to either redose (which would even out the mental effects but increase the physical stimulation) then or deal with feeling tweaky and agitated for the next few hours with none of the positives - the latter not really being an option when trying to work or study. I'll admit I wasn't very careful about my useage though, which, in fairness I was 19 or 20 or whatever, but was probably a factor.

Anyway maybe I've just been lucky, but other than that weird batch in August (and I still feel that definitely had a fair bit of proper meth in it, just something really funky in the mix), I haven't really bought "bad" meth in the last 6 months or so. Maybe it helps that my tolerance is low after using it so infrequently for so long, but even when I buy some and it looks cut up or gluggy or whatever, I've never had a batch where I haven't been able to make a point last 18 - 24 hours or so.

The neurotoxicity thing doesn't excite me a whole lot, but it's not like I'm toking up daily. Frankly the cardiotoxicity from coke is a whole lot scarier to me, but everyone is different.

Anyway definitely not the healthiest drug, but you do what you gotta do to stay sane I guess :/

i don't use meth but find dexies superior for my needs these days. they're functional, whereas for me meth was hedonistic and generally excessive and messy.
d-amp does the same thing (more or less) every time, and i really appreciate their consistency (being a pharmaceutical and all).
i can take them and not compulsively redose for the next 3 days, and i find them great for going out because i don't drink and find drunks insufferable in any other state (sober or on drugs).
dexies tend to make me fairly amicable, chipper and focused.
meth - street meth - can be so hit and miss, and whether it is the culture, the ROA(s) or the substance itself, i don't get caught up in the same stupid fiendish dosing that i often do with other stims, including meth.

i often find that dex makes me creative long after the pleasant euphoria has worn off - when i'm too exhausted to properly concentrate, but i'm still wide awake. strangely, that's the most productive bit for me, if i'm using them for creative purposes.
likewise, if i'm playing music on dexies, i find the first couple of hours i'm often a bit too jittery and wound up - but maybe 4+ hours in (up to maybe 8 or 9 hours later) it's just right. if i have a gig, i don't take them right before we go on, but a few hours before.

Crankinit said:
I was getting a bunch of them very cheaply at a time when I was studying and working a job I hated on top, so I'd munch them to get through the day, then end up awake half the night, then munch more to wake up the next morning. Then more to go out on Friday night....

yeah, i know that pattern all too well.

for me meth was especially problematic because of the half-life. when you're working full time or whatever, two days of the weekend really aren't enough for me to recover - which is one of the reasons i don't really indulge anymore.
i used to love the stuff though...

What I am about to say below is in no way a criticism of the original poster, as a majority of contributors to this and other forums are referring to this substance, however it provides an ideal opportunity for me to say what I have wanted to say about this substance and the references being made to it, for some time now.

Whilst I do not doubt there are serious issues with the quality of much of the Methamphetamine the world over, especially here and in some parts of the USA, isopropylbenzylamine has become the default explanation being used by basically everyone for any meth which can look and behave like meth should but which has signifcantly reduced desirable effects and often nasty side effects on top of that; this is despite there not being a shred of recent evidence that positively confirms that it was found in a batch of meth. Whatever people are experiencing is plainly active on the peripheral nervous and cardiovascular system in fairly modest amounts. It is far from inactive in the physiological sense.

I know someone who is privy to countless drug seizure analysis results and in WA at least, IBA has never come up in any analysis of any substance being sold as meth or anything else which might be being utilised as a cutting agent. MSM on the other hand is regularly detected. I also recently asked a chemist friend of mine who had cause to speak to a government chemist about this very issue and whilst the government forensic chemist knew of the substance and that it was being spoken about on user forums and supposedly found in seizures in other places, the WA laboratory had not seen it yet.

Meth is such a big problem in WA that if a new substance was being detected with high frequency and in significant proportions along with a piss poor amount of methylamphetamine (or even without), then it would be reported by that laboratory and it simply has not. It also has not cracked a mention in the ACIC illicit drug annual reports, the European Drug Data (EMCDDA) Reports or the United Nations ones. Anything new, especially in seizures of this particular drug which is so frequently encountered and the focus of most drug investigations and prosecutions in this country, would be identified and reported to law enforcement and other government agencies (such as health and research ones).

Now I do not doubt for one moment that someone wrong is going on and has been for some while, but this constant labelling of the problem as ISO could well be preventing the real issue being discovered.

Other potential explanatiosn include:

- the ephedrine or pseudoephedrine precursors are now not pure L isomer or pure D isomer respectively (either of which produces pure D meth) but racemic ephedrine which produces D/L meth, or worse still the wrong isomer entirely producing pure L meth; this explanation is likely given the average purity of meth in WA, for seizures over 2 grams, is 60 to 70%. So the problem cannot be some unknown chemical unless it is only plaguing street users at the absolute bottom of the food chain purchasing only very small amounts at the time. Near pure L meth will test the same purity as near pure D meth, with the analysis certificate leaving one none the wiser as to why such high purity gear sucks arse

- there is a lot of unreacted ephedrine or pseudoephedrine in the gear which just turns the whole experience to shit

- it is P2P produced meth (far less likely from China; more of an issue in the States) which has been crystallised into a weird mess of D and L isomers

- different precursors such as chloroephedrine are being used, producing who knows what impurities that have nasty effects

- different crystallization or recrystallisation techniques are being used (including from gear dissolved in any number of liquids) which are leaving behind toxic or nasty chemicals which may well be the cause of the burnt tyre smells or terrible changes to gear once heated

Or it could of course be a chemical like ISO but any number of other potential candidates from benzylamine family, or any substance for that matter.

For me, the shoddy dreadful nasty gear has all the hallmarks of being or having high concentrations of L- Methamphetamine, this chemical producing many of the peripheral, vasoconstriction and psychological effects that this IBA supposedly has. I also think the ephedrine/pseudo precursors being used may be a darn sight poorer in quality than they once were. But hey, that is me speculating.

Which is exactly what everyone who is mentioning ISO as a culprit for every bad batch of gear is doing as well. Until someone has a substance tested which confirms its presence, I am banking on this being one gigantic urban myth. The presence of ISO being supposedly at pandemic proportions in this country is simply inconsistent with the high purities of meth being constantly seized and analyzed; and further, it is inconceivable that such a situation which would demand further enquiry, is not being actively discussed amongst the chemists, law enforcement bodies and illicit drug researchers at the minute (or otherwise reported in their respective publications, including some that are not released to the public).

Basically, the overall point I want to drive home is that we must keep an open mind on this issue until there is proof; and once there is such proof, then hopefully more can be meaningfully done to fix this sorry, and at times downright dangerous, state of affairs!!

Last edited:
What I am about to say below is in no way a criticism of the original poster, as a majority of contributors to this and other forums are referring to this substance, however it provides an ideal opportunity for me to say what I have wanted to say about this substance and the references being made to it, for some time now.

Whilst I do not doubt there are serious issues with the quality of much of the Methamphetamine the world over, especially here and in some parts of the USA, isopropylbenzylamine has become the default explanation being used by basically everyone for any meth which can look and behave like meth should but which has signifcantly reduced desirable effects and often nasty side effects on top of that; this is despite there not being a shred of recent evidence that positively confirms that it was found in a batch of meth. Whatever people are experiencing is plainly active on the peripheral nervous and cardiovascular system in fairly modest amounts. It is far from inactive in the physiological sense.

I know someone who is privy to countless drug seizure analysis results and in WA at least, IBA has never come up in any analysis of any substance being sold as meth or anything else which might be being utilised as a cutting agent. MSM on the other hand is regularly detected. I also recently asked a chemist friend of mine who had cause to speak to a government chemist about this very issue and whilst the government forensic chemist knew of the substance and that it was being spoken about on user forums and supposedly found in seizures in other places, the WA laboratory had not seen it yet.

Meth is such a big problem in WA that if a new substance was being detected with high frequency and in significant proportions along with a piss poor amount of methylamphetamine (or even without), then it would be reported by that laboratory and it simply has not. It also has not cracked a mention in the ACIC illicit drug annual reports, the European Drug Data (EMCDDA) Reports or the United Nations ones. Anything new, especially in seizures of this particular drug which is so frequently encountered and the focus of most drug investigations and prosecutions in this country, would be identified and reported to law enforcement and other government agencies (such as health and research ones).

Now I do not doubt for one moment that someone wrong is going on and has been for some while, but this constant labelling of the problem as ISO could well be preventing the real issue being discovered.

Other potential explanatiosn include:

- the ephedrine or pseudoephedrine precursors are now not pure L isomer or pure D isomer respectively (either of which produces pure D meth) but racemic ephedrine which produces D/L meth, or worse still the wrong isomer entirely producing pure L meth; this explanation is likely given the average purity of meth in WA, for seizures over 2 grams, is 60 to 70%. So the problem cannot be some unknown chemical unless it is only plaguing street users at the absolute bottom of the food chain purchasing only very small amounts at the time. Near pure L meth will test the same purity as near pure D meth, with the analysis certificate leaving one none the wiser as to why such high purity gear sucks arse

- there is a lot of unreacted ephedrine or pseudoephedrine in the gear which just turns the whole experience to shit

- it is P2P produced meth (far less likely from China; more of an issue in the States) which has been crystallised into a weird mess of D and L isomers

- different precursors such as chloroephedrine are being used, producing who knows what impurities that have nasty effects

- different crystallization or recrystallisation techniques are being used (including from gear dissolved in any number of liquids) which are leaving behind toxic or nasty chemicals which may well be the cause of the burnt tyre smells or terrible changes to gear once heated

Or it could of course be a chemical like ISO but any number of other potential candidates from benzylamine family, or any substance for that matter.

For me, the shoddy dreadful nasty gear has all the hallmarks of being or having high concentrations of L- Methamphetamine, this chemical producing many of the peripheral, vasoconstriction and psychological effects that this IBA supposedly has. I also think the ephedrine/pseudo precursors being used may be a darn sight poorer in quality than they once were. But hey, that is me speculating.

Which is exactly what everyone who is mentioning ISO as a culprit for every bad batch of gear is doing as well. Until someone has a substance tested which confirms its presence, I am banking on this being one gigantic urban myth. The presence of ISO being supposedly at pandemic proportions in this country is simply inconsistent with the high purities of meth being constantly seized and analyzed; and further, it is inconceivable that such a situation which would demand further enquiry, is not being actively discussed amongst the chemists, law enforcement bodies and illicit drug researchers at the minute (or otherwise reported in their respective publications, including some that are not released to the public).

Basically, the overall point I want to drive home is that we must keep an open mind on this issue until there is proof; and once there is such proof, then hopefully more can be meaningfully done to fix this sorry, and at times downright dangerous, state of affairs!!

Good point. At the end of the day, there's no way to know 100% what's in your gear short of a lab analysis.

That said, there was definitely something funky in the "august batch" I described earlier. Literally everyone I know who tried it commented more or less independently on the exact same side effects. And going off previous experience, I don't think it was just an excess of l-meth. But while it's fun to speculate, it is just that: speculation. Just the way it is I guess.

Thanks biscuit, it is very helpful having your informed voice around this forum, especially to topics for Australia

Totally agree,
and the shit is still everywhere!!

Hi SweetPuffMelby,

As youve mentioned, isopropylbenzylamine has for a long time been a problem with meth on the streets. Unfortantly i guess its a case of 'who you know'. I dont want to come accross as dick sizeing, but i can confirm theres thankfully still high purity meth hiting the shores in decent quantities ( according too a friend of a friend of a friends great grand mother..)

But i know many people like yourself that are struggling too find half decent stuff. If you come accross a mixed batch, it might be an idea to touch up on some basic chemistry and learn temp controlled dual solvent recrystalisation.
Cheers
AT
This shit is everywhere in Melbourne!!

Hi SweetPuffMelby,

Cheers
AT
Very true I smoked it for months until I finally worked out it was fake , lol

That's why I stick to dexamphetamine from a prescription- you just know what you're getting. Plus dexamp is waaaaay nicer than meth for me.

On topic, it's been years since I've taken meth so I doubt I've encountered this particular chem.

That's why I stick to dexamphetamine from a prescription- you just know what you're getting. Plus dexamp is waaaaay nicer than meth for me.

On topic, it's been years since I've taken meth so I doubt I've encountered this particular chem.

I agree, I mean I'm not really much of a stim user anyway, but while I've had mixed experienced with meth, all my experiences with dexamphetamine have been pretty enjoyable.

Kinda off topic but a question: is the government in Australia cracking down on meth? I don't use it myself but where I live it is prolifically available. It is easier to find than pot. And from what I understand the quality is fantastic.