• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Myers Briggs Personality Test

Rebelgal54

Bluelighter
I’m curious if anyone has taken the MBTI and knows their type? Do you find it to be an accurate description of yourself?

For anyone that doesn’t know, the MBTI (Myers Briggs Indicator Type) is one of the most popular personality tests in the world, despite being considered one of the least scientific. It’s a self-reporting questionnaire that uses four categories to assign you one of sixteen different personality types. You can take the test for free at 16personalities.com.

My type is INTJ, which is the rarest type for females. It’s believed only 2% of the female population in the world is INTJ. They are generally quite misunderstood and have difficulty relating to other females, as they don’t conform to many typical female stereotypes. The more I read about my type, the more I felt like I was reading something written specifically about myself.

I’m curious, are there any other female INTJs out there??

I’ve taken the test and thought my result, which was also INTJ funnily enough, made sense at the time, but i also remember being taught in psych class at uni that the MBT was “Jungian pseudoscience”. So I don’t know what the results are really worth.

I’ve taken the test and thought my result, which was also INTJ funnily enough, made sense at the time, but i also remember being taught in psych class at uni that the MBT was “Jungian pseudoscience”. So I don’t know what the results are really worth.

Yeah it has zero scientific validity and is completely disregarded by all real psychologists. (I think like half of the people who take it twice get different results each time.) Yet its a multi-million dollar a year racket, and a ridiculous number of major companies use it to type potential employees. Ah, consumerism at its finest!

That said, and taking into consideration the sweeping generalizations made in the different types- I found that the more I dug into the deeper descriptions of INTJs and their behavior, the more I really felt like it described me to a T.

Nah, this shit fake. No tests can tell me how and what am I, only Shade knows and you. IQ isn't real, knowledge is.

life 101

gg

Just took an online quiz. I am INFP-T.

EDIT: More info similar format to Deru.

Type“The Mediator” (INFP-T)
Traits
Introverted -61%
Intuitive -81%
Feeling -88%
Prospecting -63%
Turbulent -88%
RoleDiplomat
StrategyConstant Improvement

Last edited:
I am ENTJ-A.

Your personality type is:

Commander

ENTJ-A

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
74% EXTRAVERTED
26% INTROVERTED

Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
64% INTUITIVE
36% OBSERVANT

Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
67% THINKING
33% FEELING

Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
67% JUDGING
33% PROSPECTING

Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
64% ASSERTIVE
36% TURBULENT

i got diagnosed as INTP years ago. Seems pretty accurate was always good at science.

INTP as well and yea science was my thing back in school, now im more spiritual you might say I wonder if thatd change things with another test

id say INTP are the most spiritual always inside the own mind trying to figure out the mysteries of the universe. Probably why psychedelic drugs are my Favorite class of drugs. Though sometimes i wish i wasn't INTP it has made it very hard to fit into society and not be judged by everybody.

I’m curious if anyone has taken the MBTI and knows their type? Do you find it to be an accurate description of yourself?

For anyone that doesn’t know, the MBTI (Myers Briggs Indicator Type) is one of the most popular personality tests in the world, despite being considered one of the least scientific. It’s a self-reporting questionnaire that uses four categories to assign you one of sixteen different personality types. You can take the test for free at 16personalities.com.

My type is INTJ, which is the rarest type for females. It’s believed only 2% of the female population in the world is INTJ. They are generally quite misunderstood and have difficulty relating to other females, as they don’t conform to many typical female stereotypes. The more I read about my type, the more I felt like I was reading something written specifically about myself.

I’m curious, are there any other female INTJs out there??
me....probably why I enjoy at home using drugs instead of real life

I've taken versions of it before.

As I recall I generally get INFP.

EDIT: just took the test in the original post. Sure enough.. INFP-T

Last edited:
Yeah it has zero scientific validity and is completely disregarded by all real psychologists. (I think like half of the people who take it twice get different results each time.) Yet its a multi-million dollar a year racket, and a ridiculous number of major companies use it to type potential employees. Ah, consumerism at its finest!

That said, and taking into consideration the sweeping generalizations made in the different types- I found that the more I dug into the deeper descriptions of INTJs and their behavior, the more I really felt like it described me to a T.
Generally agree with that. I know it's not really possible via the internet (if at all, ..hello solipsism!) but if i were forced to put a type on you @Atelier3, i would have guessed correctly. ;) Quite some time ago, i was dabbling with this topic too and wanted to find out what it's worth. So i did some research on how to aim at it, since i'm lazy and don't like reading useless stuff. If someone wants an overview of this, i'd recommend:
  • Gifts Differing - Understanding Personality Type (Isabel/Peter Briggs Myers)
  • Personality - What makes you the way you are (Daniel Nettle)
  • The Person and the Situation - Perspectives on Social Psychology (Lee Ross, Richard Nisbett)
I did the MBTI at least 4 times within a time span of well over 10 years with several years in between, and strangly enough always had the same result. Some minor variations, but the type was never in question. :cautious: Still don't see it as a silver bullet though.

Godammit! I just took it and got CUNT...
That was my objection all along! This type is definitely missing.. 😜

Thing is, it doesn't have to be either scientific and highly accurate OR complete and total nonsense. There is room for it to be unscientific and imperfect, while also being reasonably accurate a decent amount of the time.

I mean. While a test can't perfectly tell you who you are, if a test asks "do you feel you need to escape when you interact with people for prolonged periods", it's not gonna be totally inaccurate if it then categories that person as generally introverted or extroverted.

I would agree that the commercial use of these tests isn't all that much better than the lie detector racket though.

ISTP

Sociopath lv1
"Wishes there was a war to kill people who have more feelings than them. Good reflexes help them dodge responsibility"

Last edited: