• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs My Year on Phenibut and Conclusions

dez79

Bluelighter
Hi Folks Here is my conclusions on the RC Phenibut and where I think it fits into the scheme of things, Would Love to hear other peoples stories/conclusions?

1. Its Highly Addictive for some reaon your body just wants that next dose it wants it and it needs it.
2. Its seems to have some mood lifting antideppressant type qualities at higher to mid range doses
3. At high levels it has an almost amphetamine type rush too it, mild but its there
4. Its a pretty crappy Anxiolytic in general, if Valium is what you need dont expect to get it from phenibut.
5. The Withdrawals Cold Turkey are pure HELL!! please dont make my mistake so taper down sloooowwwlllyyy...:eek:
6. Its Cheap, thats a good and Bad thing
7. It definately increases the potency of Alcohol 3 beers will feel like 6 etc and so will the hangover.

think thats it hope this helps people and will love to get your opinions.

I have a question if anyone has the answer......I've been on this crap for one week and never hit over 2000mg. My question is last night I dropped to 1000mg and literally did not sleep a second. I'm so exhausted. In fear of having that happen again I took 1250mg today. Is it best to Taper or since I've only been on it a week should I suck it up and go cold turkey?

My conclusion although fun, energetic, and the first time you take it you feel fantastic this stuff is awful. I almost feel like it's a dirty high.

I tried it for the first time the other night and enjoyed it.

I'm just not sure if all the people who are going too far with the stuff don't realize how absolutely HORRIBLE the WDs are ahead of time or they just aren't using any self control and getting addicted?

No offense intended really, but when I heard that WDs can consist of TERRIFYING visual and auditory hallucinations, feeling like you are dying, the worst insomnia ever, paranoia beyond belief, and all these other horrible effects it's pretty easy for me to say that no matter HOW good it feels I can guarantee I will NEVER do it more than once a week if there's ANY possibility of doing it more than that getting me addicted (which I have heard it is).

For me, sufficient fear of horrible or even bad withdrawals like those Kratom has which don't sound ANYWHERE near as bad as Phenibut's keep me in check.

I plan on continuing to use and it enjoy it once a week MAX.

I mean that way you can have your cake and eat it too right?

You totally get to enjoy the drug and NOT have any withdrawals.

Or you can use it everyday and descend into the 7th portal of outer hell when the withdrawels hit.

Seems like a simple choice to me.

Last edited:
I have a question if anyone has the answer......I've been on this crap for one week and never hit over 2000mg. My question is last night I dropped to 1000mg and literally did not sleep a second. I'm so exhausted. In fear of having that happen again I took 1250mg today. Is it best to Taper or since I've only been on it a week should I suck it up and go cold turkey?

My conclusion although fun, energetic, and the first time you take it you feel fantastic this stuff is awful. I almost feel like it's a dirty high.
I have never taken it and do not want to, but you should slowly taper off as the original poster, and other people who have taken the drug or became addicted to it had withdrawal from it.

I have a question if anyone has the answer......I've been on this crap for one week and never hit over 2000mg. My question is last night I dropped to 1000mg and literally did not sleep a second. I'm so exhausted. In fear of having that happen again I took 1250mg today. Is it best to Taper or since I've only been on it a week should I suck it up and go cold turkey? Taper down slow I thought pfft its just phenibut but after 3 days of no sleep n becoming phsycotic and sedated in hospital I realised holy shit this stuff has teeth !!

Exactly well described

Easier said then done its like I will just use nicotine once a week it will suck u in eventually

I tried it for the first time the other night and enjoyed it.

I'm just not sure if all the people who are going too far with the stuff don't realize how absolutely HORRIBLE the WDs are ahead of time or they just aren't using any self control and getting addicted?

No offense intended really, but when I heard that WDs can consist of TERRIFYING visual and auditory hallucinations, feeling like you are dying, the worst insomnia ever, paranoia beyond belief, and all these other horrible effects it's pretty easy for me to say that no matter HOW good it feels I can guarantee I will NEVER do it more than once a week if there's ANY possibility of doing it more than that getting me addicted (which I have heard it is).

For me, sufficient fear of horrible or even bad withdrawals like those Kratom has which don't sound ANYWHERE near as bad as Phenibut's keep me in check.

I plan on continuing to use and it enjoy it once a week MAX.

I mean that way you can have your cake and eat it too right?

You totally get to enjoy the drug and NOT have any withdrawals.

Or you can use it everyday and descend into the 7th portal of outer hell when the withdrawels hit.

Seems like a simple choice to me.
7th portal of hell great quote n spot on

Easier said then done its like I will just use nicotine once a week it will suck u in eventually

Well I'm sure it's difficult but it can be done.

I KNOW i won't EVER use it more than once a week, it just sounds like bad news.

Granted, I won't be using it every week either by a long shot and probably won't buy more for a while when I run out.

I think if you are scared enough of the WD you can resist it.

I had acquired some of this back in 2004, I think 5 or 10g. I ended up giving it away. I enjoy sedatives, sure, but this takes two+ hours to kick in and the next day I felt super dizzy. Is there something in more chronic use that makes it better, like a faster onset or shorter duration? I can't see using it enough to get to the point of withdrawal unless there was more to it than some minor sedation and heavy dizziness.

Is it a bad idea to drink a glass or two of wine on Phenibut or is that really dangerous in terms of CNS depression?

If I don't hear it is safe I won't do it.

Thanks

I'm not going to say that it isn't dangerous. Your body chemistry is obviously going to be different than mine.

But I've pounded a whole bottle of vodka while on 3.5g of phenibut and didn't die. I did have terrible rebound panic attacks the next day though.

A couple drinks most likely won't kill you.

Is it a bad idea to drink a glass or two of wine on Phenibut or is that really dangerous in terms of CNS depression?

If I don't hear it is safe I won't do it.

Thanks
your glass of wine will feel like two for some reason it lowers the amount of alcohol needed to get drunk, most probably the GABA b Agonism

I had acquired some of this back in 2004, I think 5 or 10g. I ended up giving it away. I enjoy sedatives, sure, but this takes two+ hours to kick in and the next day I felt super dizzy. Is there something in more chronic use that makes it better, like a faster onset or shorter duration? I can't see using it enough to get to the point of withdrawal unless there was more to it than some minor sedation and heavy dizziness.
Sedatives and Phenibut are two very different things