• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos My Psychiatrist just pulled a urine test on me from nowhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadeskywalker

Greenlighter
I just wrote this all out and then lost it so I'm going to keep it short because I'm already ridiculously stressed out. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and have done for the last ten years or so. I've been going to this same psychiatric doctor's office for over five years now and am prescribed a number of "controlled substances" for my anxiety mainly. I'm prescribed Ativan and Klonopin. I also have severe sleep problems and have been on a number of meds for this. I recently was switched at my request from Ambien to Lunesta because the Ambien wasn't working as well as it used to. That was a disaster so after three months and changing the dosages at today's appointment I asked for it to be changed back to Ambien because that at least worked the majority of the time. No problems. At the end of the appointment, my Dr nonchalantly tells me he'd like me to do a urine test. I asked why because I'd just had blood work done and he said it was to make sure I was taking my meds properly and I wasn't taking anything illegal. Still made no sense to me because I figured he could get that info from a blood test but I said whatever. Unfortunately, this office's idea of doing a urine sample is immediately and with a nurse standing right at your back. I immediately told them that this wasn't going to work. I didn't need to pee as it was and with someone watching me? No way. Luckily, I guess, they had an oral drug screen I could do. Which I did no problems.
I just don't understand where all of this came from all of a sudden. As I said I've been going there for over five years and not once has a drug screen even been mentioned. The only thing I can think of is if the Dr thought something was iffy with me requesting to go back to being on Ambien. Which he shouldn't have because at the onset of us deciding I would change to Lunesta he said I could always change back if there was an issue and it didn't work. As for the nurse having to watch me while I was supposed to provide the urine catch, I understand some Dr dr offices may have their policies set in stone etc but I've given unrine tests before and never have I been required to be supervised whilst doing so. I thought something like that would have been more at home in a prison setting.
I just wanted to see if anyone on here has had a similar experience and has any suggestions as to why something like that may have happen out of the blue like this. I'm still so confused and stressed out about it.
Thanks in advance for your time and please, be gentle with me, it's also my first time on here :)

all just a random coincidence, you will never know the real reason behind it, it could have been something as simple as the previous patient before you had signs of abusing his/her prescription and drug test was fresh on the doctors mind so after drug testing the first patient and then having you, he thought might as well. like i said its all a coincidence and you will never know, now with the nurse standing behind you while you pee is a little crazy mostly assisted Drug tests only happen when you are COURT ORDERED/ Probation/Court. never heard of actually MD's or a GP having to watch you, I guess it is what the doctor decides...

Ah. . . I've had a few surprises with urine tests. Sometimes they are done as a matter of protocol. It's just time to do one and so we do.

However. . . Doctor's are in business. They have licenses that they need to protect. Money always wins. The docs will always protect their licenses to make all that God-awful money. You can always be sacrificed. They may like you and you will love them. . . as long as the drugs keep coming. They want to make a living and will continue to do so. You are expendable. Never think that "We have a spiritual connection etc. . ." That's pure bullshit and creative, don't hurt me, thinking on your part.

Enough of my bullshit. Here's how I got jammed on a few drug screens. I'm an addict and I love their drugs. I was getting a script of 168 Oxycodone 10 mg from this guy. Actually, I usually saw his nurse practitioner. One day, she asked
me for a urine screen. Here's where I was so fucking stupid. She told me that, "We can wait until next time if you cannot go." I have no idea why I didn't wait.

Usually, I had some spare oxycodone in my pocket, all crushed up and ready to go. I would just slip a little into the urine and I'd be positive for oxycodone. . . and good to go. I was clean and sober at this point and would sell the whole script for $500 to a friend of mine.

I tested clean for anything and was dropped. Find another doctor. Stupid! Verruckt!

Another time, I was seeing the "Mad Russian." He was giving me 180 Percocet 10/325 per month. At the same time, I was seeing another guy for Suboxone. You cannot just get rid of that buprenorphine!

The goddamned nurse was looking up my ass as I peed. I called the lab a few days later posing as another doctor who worked for the same guy. I needed an oral report as the patient was sitting right in front of me, I told 'em. Yes, doctor, positive and all that. Lost another good connection.

In both cases, they were right. I was just another junkie with another scam. Most people taking controlled drugs and especially narcotics are addicted junkies. Mikie
;)

Last edited:
Don't take it personally my friend, when being prescribed a controlled substance, you pretty much are , or supposed to be given an oral agreement for random testing, to bring your pills in to be counted for, IF THEY WANT, usually them type of circumstances where they can call you in usually arise from someone dropping a slip on you, etc.

It's funny you mention this cause I remember my doctor briefly telling me he has an obligation by the state of NY to run any random drug test to make sure those drugs are in my system, blah blah blah, he said it nicely in a way like he hates doing it himself. Unfortunately all of us prescribed a controlled substance are vulnerable to this type of abuse, lol. It doesn't mean your doctor doesn't trust you, he is just doing HIS JOB, as we are all potential liabilities as a patient to that doctor and they are just covering there asses. Best believe a doctor can get sued if a patient potentially overdoses and had a current drug problem on top of it if untreated.

They cannot do that, You can do what you want to. This is America, afterall.

They cannot do that, You can do what you want to. This is America, afterall.
They can do that, and they will continue to do so. Perhaps you should read up on the laws and regulations of your country, America, before making absolute statements like that. As for OP-

The only thing I can think of is if the Dr thought something was iffy with me requesting to go back to being on Ambien. Which he shouldn't have because at the onset of us deciding I would change to Lunesta he said I could always change back if there was an issue and it didn't work.
This is where the issue occurred. We can chalk what your Dr. said up to the typical way shrinks lie or obfuscate the truth to their patients. Your Dr. knows that Ambien has a greater abuse potential than Lunesta, and he didn't expect you to switch back because he's stupid. So when you asked to switch back, that set off the "DRUG SEEKER!!!" red flags in his mind.

Don't take it personally my friend, when being prescribed a controlled substance, you pretty much are , or supposed to be given an oral agreement for random testing, to bring your pills in to be counted for, IF THEY WANT, usually them type of circumstances where they can call you in usually arise from someone dropping a slip on you, etc.

It's funny you mention this cause I remember my doctor briefly telling me he has an obligation by the state of NY to run any random drug test to make sure those drugs are in my system, blah blah blah, he said it nicely in a way like he hates doing it himself. Unfortunately all of us prescribed a controlled substance are vulnerable to this type of abuse, lol. It doesn't mean your doctor doesn't trust you, he is just doing HIS JOB, as we are all potential liabilities as a patient to that doctor and they are just covering there asses. Best believe a doctor can get sued if a patient potentially overdoses and had a current drug problem on top of it if untreated.

This
Closed for now

Status
Not open for further replies.