• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My Phenibut Affair (Really F'n Long)

Its day 4.5 off phenibut for me. I have no day time symptoms besides sleep, its pissing me off. Im averaging 3-4 hours of sleep at night and haven't had a full nights sleep in like 3 weeks. When does it get better?

So does anyone know why some people complain of back pains after taking Phenibut?

Is there any proof that it ISN'T damaging to one's kidneys?

I just got a little bit in the mail but I'm not sure if I'm going to try it.

I need to do more research before I'll even be comfortable trying it once but even if I do it would probably be a rare thing.

dude, youre really being far too sensitive here. we are talking about Phenibut; a legal substance. lol. you can easily take it and be ABSOLUTELY FINE! there is not something you have to worry about, or think you'll drop to the floor and die.

take 1G of Phenibut and enjoy your morning; you may actually need more but start off w/ once since you are being super sensitive here.

Pin-Point Great thread very interesting to read and I too suffered the merciless withdrawal of phenibut! It was a special kind of Hell and I did end up in the ER after not sleeping for four days and hallucinating and Severely Anxious (which they then sedated shit out of me with Midazolam :) ), and that was due to me coming off Cold Turkey.

Be warned Phenibut needs to be tapered off very slowly, VERY SLOWLY no cold turkeys.

Dont get me wrong it has its place but, just not sure where?

im surprised I never got addicted; been using it for 7 or 8 years now but SOMEHOW never did it daily for extensive periods of time. and I am a "recovering" heroin addict, so I am DEF an addict in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE but somehow I dont feel the urge to use Phenibut daily. I just got a nice NEW bucket of Phenibut last week and only taken it twice over the past 7 days; ill make sure to scoop 2G's in my mouth when I go home from work today. lol

dude, youre really being far too sensitive here. we are talking about Phenibut; a legal substance. lol. you can easily take it and be ABSOLUTELY FINE! there is not something you have to worry about, or think you'll drop to the floor and die.

take 1G of Phenibut and enjoy your morning; you may actually need more but start off w/ once since you are being super sensitive here.

Well, just because it's legal doesn't mean it's safe and it actually sounds to me like the government has somehow overlooked it and would probably place more restrictions on it if they knew more about.

Legality of drugs has never had much to do with safety.

This thread right hear shows someone who went through absolute hell because of addiction to it, so even though I'm not going to let that happen if a substance can cause a person to become almost psychotic when withdrawing from it I think it indicates that there's probably something pretty bad in it unfortunately.

I'll probably try it sooner or later, but it doesn't sound like a benign substance either.

yes, that ONE person may have been through hell; same goes for everything else in this world.

its not rush but just letting you know its nothing too scary.

what other drugs have you done? just curious since youre questioning Phenibut but yet you are on Bluelight.

yes, that ONE person may have been through hell; same goes for everything else in this world.

its not rush but just letting you know its nothing too scary.

what other drugs have you done? just curious since youre questioning Phenibut but yet you are on Bluelight.

He's not the only one who has had hell with it, there are Tons of reports on here that I've already read of lots of people saying that it's one of the worst drugs to get addicted to and you seem like an exception in that you haven't had any issue with it.

I've done a number of drugs in my life even though right now all I do is mostly Kratom and some alcohol and a couple other things occasionally.

I've done: Shrooms, LSD, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Weed, Coke, Dexedrine, Salvia, Kratom, Nitrous, Indian Warrior, Klonopin, Opium, and maybe a couple other things.

I've already talked to a bunch of people on here who would question something like Phenibut and one or two who also said they avoid it.

I'm just someone who is careful most of the time about what substances I take.

So far from talking to people on here it doesn't seem like every single person is a junkie who has no concern at all what they take.

Sounds to me like Phenibut could actually be a riskier drug to take than a lot of shit.

No one seems to really know exactly what the risks associated with it are but several have described Phenibut addiction as being worse than heroin withdrawal.

My guess is it is probably be safe to take occassionally, and since I already bought some I'l probably end up trying it, but it seems like an HR forum is actually the right place for people who want to consider drug safety...

As a 9 month daily phenibut addict, I will agree that the withdrawal is worst than most other drugs I've been hooked on. The only withdrawal I can think of that's worst than when I tried cold turkying phenibut, is synthetic cannabinoids. And thats only because after 3 years of smoking spice daily 24/7 it took me a year and a half to feel "normal".

The trick is to taper. I'm down from 3g to 850mg a day after about a month and a half of tapering. It's nowhere near as bad as cold turkey so far.

I'd honestly rather come off a 2-3g/day heroin habit than a hefty phenibut habit cold turkey but I think I fucked up my gabaB receptors with booze in my youth so they're extra sensitive. Some might not have problems or wd from it, but I sure as fuck did.

you people are nuts who are thinking/saying a Phenibut habit is WORSE than a dope habit.

go get addicted to heroin before you even mention it.

ive been there, done that.. its not fun.

For me its rapid 30-45mins n its there lasts say who knows 6 hrs?
Interesting! I do not feel anything for a couple of hours and then it really does not peak for me until 5-6 hours....that is when I feel like I am in the phenibut groove. I have heard people say they feel it within 40 minutes before, but for whatever reason, I do not! Phenibut lasts a long time for me, but when I really notice it is affecting me, it is definitely 5-6 hours into the experience. I take quite a lot every 7 days. For me, I feel the effects of phenibut for about 24-36 hours, definitely very subtle the farther away I get from the peak hours, but I definitely can tell there is phenibut in my system.

Hey OP here.. has anyone tried fasoracetam which supposedly upregulates GABA-B and thus brings back the magic of phenibut?

A cursory google search yields many positive results. I'm likely going to order some and have some phenibut on standby. I'll report back results however in the meantime if anyone has any experience please feel free to divulge!

As I assumed there weren't any responses, but anyways for future reference this combination (1g phenibut + 50mg fasoracetam) is a winner. I have managed to bring the magic of phenibut back at least for now. It makes sense too from a pharmacological standpoint. Right now I'm super relaxed yet stimulated and very euphoric plus music.. oh man, the music. 10/10.

As I assumed there weren't any responses, but anyways for future reference this combination (1g phenibut + 50mg fasoracetam) is a winner. I have managed to bring the magic of phenibut back at least for now. It makes sense too from a pharmacological standpoint. Right now I'm super relaxed yet stimulated and very euphoric plus music.. oh man, the music. 10/10.

so wait, how did you do it? where are you getting the fasoracetam from? are you able to order that right along w/ the Phenibut!?

There are several vendors, obviously we can't discuss here but reddit is where I heard about it. I took the faso sublingually and the 1g phenibut orally as normal. I'm 3 days in on the phenibut and this morning prior to the faso it was making me lethargic .. about 10 minutes after the faso shit got real. There is zero chance this is placebo.

sorry for asking where you are getting it from.. I have my own sources, but wondering what exactly it is doing for you? I typically take 2-3G's of Phenibut every other day or so. sometimes once or twice a week, tops! and would love something to tag along w/ it if it is truly WORTH the $$. what exactly do you feel it is doing for you? also, how much are you taking along w/ your phenibut? do you always take 1g of phenibut, because that seems rather low, but is the fascoracetam enhancing the phenibut?

Stupidly on phenibut for kratom withdrawal. I definitely do t recommend this! Kratom withdrawal really was easy I just bought this jar weeks prior and thought I'd try it. I'm on day 7 of 1 to 2 grams a day use. I don't even feel it anymore.

I do feel anxiety, sweats, my neck is really stiff, etc. Take breaks they're not lying! Not sure if it's best to Taper at this point or to go cold turkey but I traded a minor inconvenience for a full blown problem. I will say damn this stuff feels so good the 1st day. How the hell is it still legal?!!

So I've never taken Phenibut more than once in a week but I figure there's no reason why doing it twice in 6 days could be dangerous even with how much I've read about its addictive potential 6 is so close to 7 I see no difference.

But it says on the tub not to exceed 4 grams in 7 days and I took 4 grams last Sunday and want to take another 3 grams today.

Does anyone see that as being dangerous, either in the sense of getting addicted or like will it build up in my kidneys or something or my liver and my organs won't be able to handle that much??

I see that as unlikely with 6 days between dosages and I also exercised REALLY hard this week and sweat a SHIT LOAD since I last dosed last Sunday so that would probably even get rid of more of the Phenibut left in my system.

I'm going to go take 3 grams right now so I hope when I get back and read this people aren't going to tell me I'm going to die or get addicted now lol...but really I see it as hard to believe that 24 hours later I'd be fine to do it but 24 hours earlier and I'm in trouble.

If someone who knows a lot about Phenibut could respond to this I'd appreciate it.

You'll probably be fine.

Phenibut is weird. I just got off a 8 month daily binge and It took a good three weeks to feel "normal" again. But I'd say twice in 6 days probably won't cause too many problems. Maybe some rebound anxiety/insomnia.

To the OP Pinpoint- I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing. It had me so intrigued that I read the entire thread! (Took a while, too).

My question for Pinpoint is this: did you ever pair phenibut with ephedrine? Another thread has me so curious to try it. I ordered the Red Dawn Sleepwalkers (before I read your thread) and ephedrine, but I'm still waiting for the ephedrine to arrive. I'm now about to order the tub of phenibut- so much cheaper than the sleepwalkers!

I figured I'd share my story ... I'd say I've always had an addictive personality so whenever I've been prescribed pain meds for anything, I've a abused them. Probably for the last 10 years. But I've gone for periods of over a year where I've had none so I've abused alcohol instead. I'm a full-time working mother of 3 kids, married to a man who's been unemployed for most of our marriage. Life has been hard - it could always be worse, don't get me wrong - but I rely on substances to help me cope. And they do help. I look forward to getting buzzed or high - it gives me something to look forward to, when life would otherwise be dull with the mundane tasks of motherhood and taking care of a depressed-as-hell husband. Of course, NO ONE knows that I do this. Everyone thinks I'm this great person, who somehow magically balances a family, a career, a house, and friendships, without having a nervous breakdown ... Yet I have this huge secret. Which is why I must spill it all on this forum, with others who understand what it's like, and give me comfort that I'm not so alone. So thank you to everyone on here.

I tried the Red Dawn Sleepwalkers on Tuesday in the morning on an empty stomach and I felt great all day. I didn't feel high, just an overall sense of wellbeing, and energized. I didn't have that ridiculous craving for the tramadol that I usually take every other day which I skipped that day ... I think I may be able to use phenibut as a way to get through the week, and then only take the tramadol on the weekends. We'll see. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions! Lol

To the OP Pinpoint- I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing. It had me so intrigued that I read the entire thread! (Took a while, too).

My question for Pinpoint is this: did you ever pair phenibut with ephedrine? Another thread has me so curious to try it. I ordered the Red Dawn Sleepwalkers (before I read your thread) and ephedrine, but I'm still waiting for the ephedrine to arrive. I'm now about to order the tub of phenibut- so much cheaper than the sleepwalkers!

I figured I'd share my story ... I'd say I've always had an addictive personality so whenever I've been prescribed pain meds for anything, I've a abused them. Probably for the last 10 years. But I've gone for periods of over a year where I've had none so I've abused alcohol instead. I'm a full-time working mother of 3 kids, married to a man who's been unemployed for most of our marriage. Life has been hard - it could always be worse, don't get me wrong - but I rely on substances to help me cope. And they do help. I look forward to getting buzzed or high - it gives me something to look forward to, when life would otherwise be dull with the mundane tasks of motherhood and taking care of a depressed-as-hell husband. Of course, NO ONE knows that I do this. Everyone thinks I'm this great person, who somehow magically balances a family, a career, a house, and friendships, without having a nervous breakdown ... Yet I have this huge secret. Which is why I must spill it all on this forum, with others who understand what it's like, and give me comfort that I'm not so alone. So thank you to everyone on here.

I tried the Red Dawn Sleepwalkers on Tuesday in the morning on an empty stomach and I felt great all day. I didn't feel high, just an overall sense of wellbeing, and energized. I didn't have that ridiculous craving for the tramadol that I usually take every other day which I skipped that day ... I think I may be able to use phenibut as a way to get through the week, and then only take the tramadol on the weekends. We'll see. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions! Lol

Did you understand him when he said that you get addicted VERY fast...like sometimes in a week of daily usage and getting off causes full blown hallucinations and the worst withdrawals of almost any drug??

And you STILL want to use it?

I'd try something else if I were you but that's just me.