• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My Phenibut Affair (Really F'n Long)

Shit, is it really that fast to build a dependence? A week? I'm not doubting it, but this would possibly make this substance - which I have not tried - more problematic than strong benzos, life F-azolam, at least if that happened to me. I've used F-lam at doses over 1-mg for a week, stopped and nothing. That said, I had returned to my prescribed benzo dose immediately after that "run", and undoubtedly that helped a lot. My benzo dose at the time was 3- 4-mg/day of clonazepam.

So, maybe the clonazepam was it, this was many months ago... But since to my understanding phenibut hits GABA-B not A receptors wouldn't I too experience these symptoms if I were to use phenibut for a week straight and then CT'd, despite a daily intake of about 1.5-mg clonazepam equivalent as 30-mg of Valium?

I've got an Ashton Taper going on. It's going pretty well, eight weeks in and at half my starting dose of 60-mg, except for minor inter-dose w/d, but it's very minor. Not enough for me to breakdown andreach for the RC benzos that are sitting in my cool, dark cupboard mixed and ready to go! Very proud of that!

I'm not doubting you, I'm just surprised to read that phenibut could cause me more problems than F-lam, which has never caused me a single issue, except acute stupid intoxication, or would my prescribed benzos also cover the w/ds of phenibut? Not planning on ever trying the stuff, just very curious as I have followed this thread with much interest too.

To be clear, my ? is - would I really withdrawal unpleasantly from a one week phenibut run even though I take 30-mg Valium a day?

Yeah I agree.

You should just throw it away. I ended up hooked for 8 months. Tried cold turky twice and had the most intense overall fear for my life/sanity than coming off any other substance I've ever been hooked on. And I've kicked a lot of shit. You don't want to end up hooked on phenibut. It made my experience coming off crystal meth seem like child's play.

I mean I use it ABSOLUTE MAX one day a week, and the only value I've gotten out of it so far, and the only reason I've used it, is cause it SERIOUSLY potentiates Kratom and creates INTENSE euphoria, but without Kratom involved I haven't really noticed it doing much.

But after reading this thread, I'd NEVER touch it more than once every 6 days absolute max and it seems to be fine kept to once a week, no more than 4 grams at once.

Ive still only use it like 5 times, and once I run out I'm not sure if I'll ever buy more.

more problematic than benzos!? you craazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I am still taking Phenibut to this day; been 7+ years of on and off use. I never picked up THAT bad of a habit and always able to get on and off w/ ease; so comparing to a benzo or any other HARD drug is not a good comparison.

I just find it shocking that so many people have picked up such problems w/ Phenibut; do you guys also have problems w/ other drugs as well? Phenibut never "did it" for me. its something I enjoy taking once in a while but its not the type of thing I'd want daily. of course, I am a dope fiend, so dope comes first, which is probably why I managed to stay away from picking up a Phenibut habit.

^^ How often do you take it BBT?

I have found us to be similar in almost every regard from your posts, I would like to try to limit myself to the amount that you take it.

2-3 days a week, if that. I usually take 2.5-3.5G's.

currently I am on:

12MG bupe
3200 gaba
3000 keppra

so w/ that cocktail right there the Phenibut is not a necessity but its still something I "play" around w/ anyway. I've had the same 100G container for months now.

I am still taking Phenibut to this day; been 7+ years of on and off use. I never picked up THAT bad of a habit and always able to get on and off w/ ease; so comparing to a benzo or any other HARD drug is not a good comparison.

I just find it shocking that so many people have picked up such problems w/ Phenibut; do you guys also have problems w/ other drugs as well? Phenibut never "did it" for me. its something I enjoy taking once in a while but its not the type of thing I'd want daily. of course, I am a dope fiend, so dope comes first, which is probably why I managed to stay away from picking up a Phenibut habit.

Your response to Phenibut seems to be atypical.

Look at all the people talking about HORRIBLE WDs.

And as far as you saying benzos are an issue, I can bring up how I took Klonopin EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR ELEVEN YEARS and stopped COLD TURKEY with ZERO withdrawal.

Now, what I did was not smart, but I had a stupid doctor tell me to do it, and most people said I'd die or have a seizure, but nope, nothing.

So some people have atypical responses.

But I bet you ANYTHING if I was on Phenibut every day for even a month and stopped cold turkey I'd have had more problems than eleven years of Klonopin so yeah....I actually believe that the dangers of LOW DOSE benzo usage, especially Klonopin are overrated.

But you see, based on all of other people's responses to doing less Klonopin than I did I have to assume my response was atypical, just like you should probably assume your response to Phenibut is atypical.

Who knows all the reasons why some people's reactions to drugs are different, there must be reasons we are unaware of, but we should still be aware that we are NOT the norm.

Hahah wow this thread is still alive?! Seems I've inadvertently started a phenibut megathread.

2-2.5 grams is my sweet spot

pharm grade phenibut HCL is a better choice for the frequent users because it doesnt have all the crap fillers thus sparing your liver and kidneys!

enjoy!!

Took Phenibut with my Kratom yesterday and this shit makes me tired the day after.

Of course that's probably because I stupidly take benadryl and melatonin every night to knock me out regardless of what else I took and since Phenibut also puts me down I basically took 3 sleeping drugs which is just too much.

Should have at least left out the benadryl and I need to stop that shit.

Even though I'd never exceed just a little more than a normal benadryl dose at most and don't understand those using it recreationally to trip in massive doses I can't deny the recreational effect it has on relaxing me about an hour before bed.

It's kind of nice to just sit and watch TV or listen to music on a regular dosage of benadryl before bed and despite normal doses not usually being considered "mind altering" they definitely are for me and would probably be more recognized as such if it didn't just put you to sleep and people went around on it doing shit.

It totally enhances music appreciation for me.

However, this isn't a benadryl thread lol.

Yeah but my moneys on the benadryl for next day grogginess not kratom nor phenibut

this, im confused when people act like phenibut is the worst thing in the world to withdraw from..i mean, it isnt fun, ive kicked it several times but in no way, shape or form did it come close to being as harsh as kicking opiates or other hard drugs..with phenibut, i find it super easy to tape down 500 mgs every other day to nothing, 4-5 days on gabapentin and then you are relatively normal..during this entire time you can go to work and function, at least i could..

this, im confused when people act like phenibut is the worst thing in the world to withdraw from..i mean, it isnt fun, ive kicked it several times but in no way, shape or form did it come close to being as harsh as kicking opiates or other hard drugs..with phenibut, i find it super easy to tape down 500 mgs every other day to nothing, 4-5 days on gabapentin and then you are relatively normal..during this entire time you can go to work and function, at least i could..

FINALLY.. someone who sounds much more like me and understands Phenibut is NOT A HARSH FUCKING DRUG! I've been on Phenibut for fucking years and years and NEVER HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM! I am also a raging HEROIN ADDICT and had MANY PROBLEMS w/ that, so thats maybe why I think nothing of Phenibut.. its not that bad! and its relatively easy to handle if you ask me.

I am an addict but still able to only use Phenibut 2-3 days a week, if that. the other days I just take my regular drugs which are bupe and gaba! both of those I am scripted and will just eat those w/o a problem.

Took Phenibut with my Kratom yesterday and this shit makes me tired the day after.

Of course that's probably because I stupidly take benadryl and melatonin every night to knock me out regardless of what else I took and since Phenibut also puts me down I basically took 3 sleeping drugs which is just too much.

Should have at least left out the benadryl and I need to stop that shit.

Even though I'd never exceed just a little more than a normal benadryl dose at most and don't understand those using it recreationally to trip in massive doses I can't deny the recreational effect it has on relaxing me about an hour before bed.

It's kind of nice to just sit and watch TV or listen to music on a regular dosage of benadryl before bed and despite normal doses not usually being considered "mind altering" they definitely are for me and would probably be more recognized as such if it didn't just put you to sleep and people went around on it doing shit.

It totally enhances music appreciation for me.

However, this isn't a benadryl thread lol.

Yea I've been taking 2 gravol before bed for a while now (gravol is similar to Benadryl, same antihistamine with sedating properties with a slight tweak to make it less sedating but it works just like Benadryl for me).

I always have had serious issues falling asleep and nightly benzo use is not an option as fuck benzos I kicked that habit and the withdrawals sucked but yea Benadryl/gravol knocks me out pretty well, and I've been taking the same 2 pill dosage before bed for years now and surprisingly have not really had an issue with tolerance.

I try to take breaks here and there, but to be honest it's a miracle hypnotic for me as it is the only thing that just shuts my brain off and puts me to sleep so I can maintain a good sleeping scheduele. Otherwise my cycle always gets back to going to sleep at like 6am lol without it.

FINALLY.. someone who sounds much more like me and understands Phenibut is NOT A HARSH FUCKING DRUG! I've been on Phenibut for fucking years and years and NEVER HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM! I am also a raging HEROIN ADDICT and had MANY PROBLEMS w/ that, so thats maybe why I think nothing of Phenibut.. its not that bad! and its relatively easy to handle if you ask me.

I am an addict but still able to only use Phenibut 2-3 days a week, if that. the other days I just take my regular drugs which are bupe and gaba! both of those I am scripted and will just eat those w/o a problem.

Gabapentin and phenibut are cross tolerant so the days you don't take phenibut but take GABA you are essentially hitting the same receptors maybe that's why you are so stabilized on the phenibut? Go without either of them for a week and report back.

get scripted Seroqil; it knocks me the fuck out and I always had a hard time sleeping.

benzos do it best, tho. I usually take Etizolam to go to bed. you take 1MG of Etizolam and you'll be out like a light - its not exactly a benzo so check it out.

get scripted Seroqil; it knocks me the fuck out and I always had a hard time sleeping.

benzos do it best, tho. I usually take Etizolam to go to bed. you take 1MG of Etizolam and you'll be out like a light - its not exactly a benzo so check it out.

I've been addicted to / physically dependent on benzos before.

Never again bro.

Well, my tub of phenibut arrived yesterday so I've spent two days testing the waters. I wish I could give a more positive report, but maybe my expectations were just too high. I realize it's not supposed to make me high like opiates do but I'm not seeing the appeal. How do people get addicted to this stuff? Are the benefits really anything special for some of you, or are you using it as something to abuse in order to avoid other, more harmful/addictive drugs?

After experiencing hardly any noticeable effects yesterday, I dosed a fairly large amount today (4 grams, then 3 more, then 3 more, a few hours apart). I suppose I felt a slightly pleasant "dizziness" but nothing very noticeable. My stomach was uncomfortable and I felt hungry all day, yet nothing satisfied my hunger. That part wasn't very enjoyable. And it sure does taste nasty, doesn't it?

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I set my expectations way too high.

I've been addicted to / physically dependent on benzos before.

Never again bro.

had a seizure when withdrawing from benzos; now if only I could quit dope that easy. dont get me wrong, I still take benzos but I only buy them off the street and ill only buy a week or two worth at a time; I used to be scripted which is how the habit came. nowadays I use 1MG ANYTHING to help me sleep.

What about phenibut to help you sleep? Because last night was the first night in a long time that I didn't take my usual klonopin before bed. I was trying to put my son to bed but I woke up 2 hours later in his room, in his rocking chair, with him asleep in my arms. I remember trying to sing to him, my usual routine after reading books, but I couldn't keep my eyes open - it was physically impossible while sitting down.

All this talk about Benzo dependence has me a bit annoyed with my doctor ... He's never once told me that I'll suffer from withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking them. I have a Rx for klonopin (.5 mg) which I take almost every night to help me sleep. Sometimes I only take half if I'm feeling really exhausted and don't think I'll have any problems. I actually have no problem going to sleep ... It's staying asleep. If I wake up, my mind races, stress and then anxiety sets in, and I'm screwed - no chance of getting back to sleep. I know klonopin isn't a sleeping pill, but it totally helps me stay asleep throughout the night. But there are times I don't take it and I don't seem to experience any withdrawal effects ... Is that because I'm asleep? What would be the withdrawal effects from .5 klonopin?