• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My PAIN Dr. knows NOTHING about addiction to meds...NO help w/withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm just glad the thread is still open. I adjusted my original post and all is well now. And believe me @rhun I have pored over these forums for months but my emotions got the best of me today. I was and am dumbfounded that the medical community in the US can't support pain patients who either need medication or are trying to get off the meds. It's truly mind-boggling. I didn't know what the answer to my dilemma was which is why I am grateful to Bluelight for this wonderful resource.

And for the record I am a woman. (Yes, you heard me roar.)

Okay now thanks all for the great info - truly appreciated. I am very open to using Kratom as part of my withdrawal kit. Hats off to you @Wezface and @CaptainKratom. I have no clue how to use it and will explore the forums at greater length. The way I see it the more tools I have in my arsenal the better off I'll be.

Last edited:
Yeah man, doctors these days make it where if your honest, your gonna have to suffer!

FYI, anybody who is regulary RX'd opiates, don't mention any mental ailments, including addiction, to your doc...or you may end up like op!

Sad, but you can thank all the junkies/dealers for it I suppose.

I thought about owning up to my doc last appt. but i'm sure I didn't. Still got my scripts, but I can't fill it until 3 days AFTER Christmas, which sucks, especially considering I've run out already. I'm going to try for an early fill, but i'm not counting on it.

Here's what i'm doing to get through the holiday season;
Current stock- 1 8mg suboxone film, 20 Norco #10mg, 1 gram bubba kush, .5 gram exceptional quality regular weed.
I have all of this in my "special holliday hiding place", and am telling myself that I "SHALL NOT OPEN UNTILL DEC. 24th...23 Worst case scenario", and i'm really hoping I can make it by until Christmas just doing what i'm doing.
Since Friday, I've been taking about .5-1.5 mg of Suboxone per day (smallest doses I've ever actually taken from a whole strip, TBH i'm almost proud of myself...last time I was dosing 4mg at a time! wasteful!), and smoking the bare minimum amount of cone after midnight, for sleep/relaxation.

My pain has actually been doing better than when I was taking 150mg of Norco or 4mg suboxone or whatever at one time. I'm really trying to get into the whole "less is more" philosophy, especially with bupe, but with all drugs too...

The main reason i'm doing this is so I won't run out before or during Christmas...we all know how awful that would be!
I've come to terms that before I dose/smoke myself dry i'll just stop for 7-10 days to endure withdrawal, knowing that saving my meds for Christmas would be much more rewarding (and necessity) than just doing what I always do and running out, catapulting me into severe withdrawal over Christmas...

Hell, op,

I have no intention of closing your thread, getting off opioids is one of the hardest things most of us will ever face and I'm in recovery myself. I would post in The Dark Side and Sober Living too, you'll get a lot of support there.

Google the Thomas Recipe. Other than the benzo, everything is OTC. Lopermide and Kratom can also be used.

I usually suggest a buprenorphine taper but I understand that as pain patient you don't want that to show up on your medical records. I would slowly taper your current medication without telling your doctor. Try and get non-narcotic medications for pain.

Don't thank me for the kratom suggestion, if it wasn't for wez I woulda forgot. Glad I could help though :). Be sure to taper it, or at least use it only when needed. Kratom has it's own withdrawal and simply switching from low dose oxy to kratom will get you nowhere. If you stumble upon kratom only forums, beware of the comparisons to coffee as far as withdrawal intensity...not true! They're not too bad for most, but some really get the shit end of the stick... very much opioid withdrawal however.

I'd try and get ahold of gabapentin from an online pharmacy (or doctor, this you can probably get if you ask for) and use that to wean off the oxy at your own pace... and perhaps suplement low doses of kratom when your low on oxy. Gabapentin has withdrawal as well, but they are very slow building. Anyways here's some kratom threads that may be of interest...Good luck <3

Utilizing kratom for opiate withdrawal:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/493024

Kratom Megathreads: (In no particular order)
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/727164
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/670664
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/607680
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/540581

Last edited:
@treefa oh so sorry.... that is damn hard but hang in there and you can give yourself a big fat christmas present as a reward. You sure don't want to go thru wd's over xmas.

thanks @rhun - I will check out that forum too -- sounds really relevant. I did try the Thomas recipe back when I did cold turkey a few years ago. Unfortunately I was a complete mess and ended up in the ER from exhaustion, etc. I do think the key is adding the loperamide and kratom. At the time, I used a little Immodium/lope but was thinking that it was only to treat the diarrhea not knowing that it could also help with restless legs, etc.

@CaptKratom -- Those threads are so helpful -- thank you very much! I know in the past I've also used Baclofen too which helped with pain.

@Buttershots - thank you for sharing your experience. That is great info. Reminds me that I need to add more to my WD kit -- esp. the vitamins, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry, wish I could help. There are forums for those type of pharmacies available through google. Good luck though, it won't hurt to ask your doctor as neurontin is non-narcotic.

^this thread is 2 years old, please make a new thread or post in a more recent thread
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.