• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My opiate experience up to today (ongoing)

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok as a lot on here will know i have been taking tramadol for years on high doses, i now take max of 200mg per day which is a massive reduction for me. I am also taking codeine and DHC (dihydrocodeine) to compare the 2. Now i find taking 3 30mg DHC and 5 30mg codeine work well for me. But if i take just codeine or just DHC its not enough. I dont feel what i should be feeling in terms of pain relief and effects. Something just isnt right, maybe its tolerance over the years, but i am unable to go without pain meds for a day to build up my tolerance, i can reduce but cannot go a day without.

So basically my question here is why does the DHC alone not work as well as it should, i mean i am taking a weaker stregnth of the drug (codeine) to bump up to the relief i need. I cannot tell my doctor this as i will immediately be taken off some of my meds i have not mentioned.

I always appreciated the combo of tramadol with DHC alone much more, euphoria and pain management wisely but on high doses as I am on tramadol since a pretty long time ( I even had 100 x 50 mg pills in a 48 hours period of time without having a seizure, but 30 x 0.5 mg rivotrils aka clonazepams were used too and some nice weed along in the combo ) so for me about 800-1000 mg of tramadol and 400 of DHC is a pretty decent exp and pain dismisser but if you buy them with a script I doubt a physician would ever prescribe you quantities like these, my country is so corrupt and careless that we can buy both without a script through acting and manipulation tho dhc recently has a more special regime regarding how it is controlled by the gov. or pharm facilities).

Plus the doses I wrote above are plain stupid and too big, I hate that I always fall in the trap of adjusting the dose a little so I end up with a huge tolerance. I can't take codeine without a couple of antihistamines and not having nasty histamine reactions although DHC has no similar side effects on me. but all the 3 of them, and tramadol especially resort to the cyp2d6 enzyme so it may be a link to your issue, I always found the efficiency of o-demethylation of trams and conversion of code and DHC into morph is relative, it differs for pretty much every person, although the process can be sped up and enhanced to be more efficient but even then the results differ a lot.

P.S: What about a combo adjusted to your tolerance between tapentadol and dhc? I suppose it would have a similar/familiar effect but with more impact on the pain issue as it would be with trams, but you have to try it and ask your physician to guide you through the process.

I always appreciated the combo of tramadol with DHC alone much more, euphoria and pain management wisely but on high doses as I am on tramadol since a pretty long time ( I even had 100 x 50 mg pills in a 48 hours period of time without having a seizure, but 30 x 0.5 mg rivotrils aka clonazepams were used too and some nice weed along in the combo ) so for me about 800-1000 mg of tramadol and 400 of DHC is a pretty decent exp and pain dismisser but if you buy them with a script I doubt a physician would ever prescribe you quantities like these, my country is so corrupt and careless that we can buy both without a script through acting and manipulation tho dhc recently has a more special regime regarding how it is controlled by the gov. or pharm facilities).

Plus the doses I wrote above are plain stupid and too big, I hate that I always fall in the trap of adjusting the dose a little so I end up with a huge tolerance. I can't take codeine without a couple of antihistamines and not having nasty histamine reactions although DHC has no similar side effects on me. but all the 3 of them, and tramadol especially resort to the cyp2d6 enzyme so it may be a link to your issue, I always found the efficiency of o-demethylation of trams and conversion of code and DHC into morph is relative, it differs for pretty much every person, although the process can be sped up and enhanced to be more efficient but even then the results differ a lot.

P.S: What about a combo adjusted to your tolerance between tapentadol and dhc? I suppose it would have a similar/familiar effect but with more impact on the pain issue as it would be with trams, but you have to try it and ask your physician to guide you through the process.

Do you mean a tolerance between tramadol not tapentadol ? Idk what those are. As for DHC i am not physically addicted i just use for legit reasons. I have however adjusted from 5 to 3 tramadol and 4 DHC with 6 codeine seems to be a sweet spot for me.

Not sure what others thoughts would be on this...

P.S thats just madness mate 1000mg tramadol ? Thats basically 20 50mg wow. No offence or anything but that is a waaaay to much imo, i do however get 100 50mg tramadol per fortnight so i could abuse if i wanted im just not the type nor am i saying you are dont get me wrong.

Replies are what i am really looking for, not nice to see so many views so little comments.

I know that doses like mine are huge, tho I tappered in a fast way and now I'm good on 500 mg planning to get to at least 300mg but maybe after christmas, I don't want to feel uncomfortable nor to give signs that I'm in withdrawal as most of my family know about my past with these things and mostly my mom can recognize me being in w/d ( they don't know I relapsed, they think I got an year sober already :)) ) plus I haven't visited the city where I am from for a long time so time to act like a responsible person and a sober one too ( not that I am not responsible but I do tend to think like a fiend from time to time) .

As for the few responses, pretty much of the forums are dead lately, maybe the number of views comes from all the guest visitors who do not have accounts or the people that currently are online do not have much experience regarding this combo. but are you looking for a method to take less pills/maybe 2 substances instead of 3? or what is your main concern ?

Years ago I had a freind who worked for a drug company that made tramadol and she used to steal them.. She had thousands and thousands of pills, 50mg ones, 200mg XR ones, soluble ones and even the 100mg/2ml injectable ampules... She used to give me as many as I wanted. I started taking 2 and would get buzzed from that but ended up taking over 50 at once (2,500mg) by some twist of fate I never had a seizure but I must have been close as I used to get this terrible involuntary twitching of my legs at night....