• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Benzos My last question, I’m done with drugs.

Jctc1999

Greenlighter
So been taking between 5 and 10mg of valium on some days, 1 to 1.5mg of xan on certain days. But been taking something every day for a month or 2. Nervous about stopping because of seizures. Have had a few days with nothing at all but had trouble sleeping. Took valium 5mg of valium 3 days ago, took 1mg yesterday and today of xanax. Should I expect bad withdrawal? Weed help any? I just dont want to get hooked. I’m getting 2 10mg oxycodone tomorrow and was thinking maybe i can take a small amount tomorrow night and the day after to help withdrawal. Not sure what to do, dont have enough benzos to taper off and not sure how long I should taper or if Ill be alright. Done with drugs completely after this. Sticking to pot occasionally for when my anxiety is really bad.

oopsiedogirl

Greenlighter
I agree, one or two months of moderate benzo use won’t cause seizure withdrawals. You might feel crappy but pot will help...You’re absolutely correct about dropping all substances except for pot.

Jctc1999

Greenlighter
Drink a lot of water, eat well, exercise!! You will be fine. Feel a little crappy, but hey we are not built to feel Good all the time LOL LOL
I forgot we are Addicts, and that is our job in life " FELL GOOD ALL THE TIME" :love::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Definitely going to be relapsing on and off as always. Once an addict always an addict. Was trying to keep my dosage down and was successful for the most part. But a couple times i did do 4mg of xanax or more in a day. Terrible comedowns and noticed I was craving more and more. Valium actually wasn’t bad at all other than being wired all the time for some reason. The second I start sobering up tho I feel like I’m going to have a panic attack. Guess its in my head after all the stories about benzos.

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Do you have an history of seizure's or ever had one?

If not I assume the risk is quite low, but a gentle taper is ime better then 'cold turkey' with benzo's. The two seizure's I had were a combo of stress, missing 2 night's of sleep while drinking.

Now I am on day 3 of almost no sleep, I don't count my re-occuring dream's about a trauma as restful night's. That said I am on Levetiracetam and don't have any sign's of an seizure coming up.

When I was not on that after the 2-nd day of no rest I would have the first sign's of an upcoming seizure. Didn't know it back then but after experiencing it I know the sign's all to well.

My lack of sleep is not caused by stimulant's! Probably by PTSD.