European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

My Kratom experience <3

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
So before I got to LA my fucking GP decided to cut me off everything (oxycontin, zomorph, gabapentin) after I mentioned I have a dependence and called me a drug seeker instead of a pain patient (hear the same thing happens to people in the armed forces who get their legs blown off... beautiful nhs)

I saved everything I could and used a clonazepam to help on the flight then got hit with horrific withdrawals pretty quickly when I arrived. I immediately went doctor shopping and to NA meetings where I was recommended kratom (weed too) which is legal here. Ive fought like hell not to get back into a heroin habit as a result, especially in a city I dont know drug wise. The doc gave me 30mg vicodin (hydrocodone/paracetamol) a day and was very helpful and reasonable knowing I was an addict and that I could be dead from heroin if he didnt help but this dose is much lower than what I've been used to so it was still very difficult

Day 2 Found a head shop and health store near me that sells kratom with very cool helpful people who said it will kill the withdrawal. bought 30g of maeng da (stimulating strain) capsules for $5 and tried 2g. Effects hit pretty quickly and the withdrawal got better and better after 30 mins, felt like a lot of mountain dew, had 5g more then 2 hours later began feeling very relaxed like low dose morphine with no withdrawal :) this lasted probably 4 hours but then had nausea and felt a crash that night similar to methamphetamine but much weaker, this was pretty unpleasant and maybe I had too much for a beginner. but this first experience kept me off opiates for a whole day and I thought wow

Day 3 Tried the Bali kratom strain which was a bit more expensive $15 for 30g but was told this strain is more sedating which I prefer because I dont like stimulants. Had 5g, felt relaxed and was able to sleep well again after all the insomnia and it stopped the withdrawal and kept me off opiates completely

Day 4 Went to Walgreens to get the prescription, had 90mg vicodin this day because I didnt want to get dependent on kratom not knowing what the withdrawal would be like but the kratom and no opiates seemed to get my tolerance down and the high from the hydrocodone lasted for hours, was incredible

Day 5 Tried 7g bali kratom after the hydro wore off and felt lovely mellow euphoria with no nausea almost like it restarted the hydro effects but more clean and mellow, was able to fall asleep that early morning in bliss with lovely dreams. Tried 10g again that night and felt the same mellow euphoria after an hour and loved it, slept great

Day 6 onwards: alternated days between kratom and vicodin to not get dependent on kratom and successfully reduce the opiate dependence and loved the feeling from the bali kratom downing it with coca cola. The euphoria felt unique as it is very clean and mellow and even nicer than some pills like morphine in some ways

So as a summary kratom really does work to stop withdrawals and I can see how it has helped so many people get clean from opiates, even methadone. The effects took 20-40 min on an empty stomach and 30-90 min after meals. the effects differ by strains for what you personally want, they all produced certain levels of euphoria and the bali strain is a personal favorite I am in love with :) I wish this herb was legal in the UK, I prefer it to otc codeine as its natural with much nicer feelings. Not going back for a while for the reason that I can be honest with docs here and not get punished and treated like a scum of the earth addict and because legal kratom and weed is a huge help in my life now. I know if I went back to London I'd be back on heroin in no time

Have to agree that Kratom is really very nice indeed. Was a latecomer to the stuff so only put in a few orders before it was banned here in Blighty, but gotta say it greatly exceeded my expectations. Got some saved here (various strains) as I am currently at the tail end of a lengthy (oh so very, very lengthy) taper from bupe. Plan to use it for the nasty bump I've been waiting for that has so far not come about. Which I guess means there's a potential bonus to come if this particular w/d continues to be so freakishly painless and easy.

Glad it helped ya out and I totally agree it is ridiculous that it got banned here :\

I used kratom for years - quite heavily - until the ban. The ban really effected me bigtime and badly - I spiralled into depression and anger that TPTB had taken this safe pleasure away from me for no rhyme or reason. These arrogant, ignorant know-nothing policiians ruining lives because they couldn't be bothered to actually reserach into Kratom, or listen to the advice they got from their paid advisors, all of whom said the NPS act would be counterproductive and damaging :!

While I can't compare it to other opiates, I certainly found it nice and harmless, although sometimes tricky to ge right in terms of dosing and strains, and I think I went overboard sometimes. I would do things differently if they unbanned kratom now, but since that won't happen my only course of action is to buy from overseas and risk potential criminal prosection if my wares are intercepted by customs. I hope Theresa May is happy now! :X

Suboxone withdrawal is horrid, much worse and longer than oxy or gear from personal experience so it's great you have some kratom, keep going, addict to addict I can tell you're strong af. Yeah they could reduce heroin use massively and "harm to society" and their own greedy nhs cost for all the methadone and bupe as a result if they let it stay legal but nah... wankers. I know my heroin problem wouldve started again after almost a year off it if it wasnt for kratom :)

I can imagine it must have been awful for you after the ban forever changes, I'm frightened of the withdrawals if they do the same thing here because idk what they are like for high dose long-term kratom use and whether other opiates can suppress it well. Yeah they are fucked up and corrupt when it comes to substances and prescribed painkillers/benzos. I'm loving being here where the doctors are more reasonable and understanding when it comes to that, they wont call you a time waster and leave you to die if you turn up with w/ds or mention addiction/dependence

^did you go over to the US for a rehab programme? I expect they generally have far better quality doctors over there

No originally a trip with some mates partly to check out the new legal cannabis (amazing) law but going to stay indefinitely now and get a job because I will end up on heroin back in the UK after my GP cut me off and not going back on methadone cus that is hell to come off and a depressing life. Yeah the doctors are much better trained, there arent shitty wait times and they wont treat you like shit for things like a drug addiction or asking for reasonable pain relief. They are the liable ones here, not the patient basically :)

About rehabs I've heard UK places are clueless about painkiller addiction

Kratom is quite lovely. I had a lot of chronic pain 10 years ago and fell in love with oxycodone but I didn't really have regular access to it. I eventually found kratom which seemed to be the least destructive opiate that I encountered. I used it for quite some time with very minor withdrawals. Eventually I figured out how easy poppy pod tea was to acquire and developed a vicious addiction that stuff. Kratom was relatively expensive back then and poppy tea was just WAY more bang for your buck. Had a much longer duration but the withdrawals from chronic use were horrid.

I'd been opiate free for probably 6 or 7 years now and I started getting the itch after I quit drinking. Looked back into Kratom and was surprised how cheap it's gotten these days. The market is really great right now compared to a decade ago. I acquired half a kilo of red vain Bali for a very fair price and just consumed about 10 or 12 grams 2 hours ago and was pleasantly surprised. I'm itchy as hell and was nodding off a little bit. And this strain is totally relaxing. I've been couchlocked a bit, haven't had the desire to move much.

I'm over the USA and the future of kratom isn't really looking great. The DEA was going to schedule it but the outcry from the community was so strong that they reconsidered and decided to wait for more information before scheduling. Now the FDA went ahead and said it's dangerous and has no role for helping addiction and cited a bunch of questionable deaths that they tried to blame on Kratom. This stuff can be a godsend for some people. Banning it will only send people out into stronger addictions, having to acquire Heroin and other much stronger narcotics.

Guess I'll enjoy it while I can. And tread carefully. This stuff should be respected.

It's great kratom helped you like it helped me, saved me from heroin. The US government better respect Kratom as it is reducing heroin and illicit opiate problems here. Yeah it seems they never actually listen to the people and do what they want, almost as if they want more heroin deaths!

I wish there was a public outcry in the UK or a petition or something. Kratom is so good at stopping withdrawal and is so much easier to stop taking than subs or methaone

I love kratom, I took it on n off for about 4 years. 3 days clean from it for the first time in about 9 months with the aid of cannabis oil and flubromazepam. I used to think coming off it was a walk in the park but the kindling effect must be true with this one to unfortunately, felt like shit tapering down to 2g per day for a couple weeks and yesterday was pretty bad. Its a great ally and safer opiate alternative although be aware the WD can be a real bitch for some.