• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My heart is worrying me

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight
So i recently did about half a gram some some quite potent Amphetamine paste and am noticing some worrying side effects in relation to my heart. I am an experienced user but i tend to spread out my use over the year, and by no means would i call myself a junkie. I've used about 6 times this year About 6 hours after my first dose and right after my last bump i noticed a slight pain in my heart like a slight bruising sensation as if something was clogging. its a very light pain about a 2 or 3 out of 10 and it comes and goes, has only lasted about 15mins now i can barely notice it but i am still concerned as its as if my heart is beating three times as hard as it needs to bouncing out of my chest as I'm a skinny lad. Earlier in the night i was experiencing a weird pain in my back left shoulder blade, as if the back muscle cramped up and while that was happening i was nodding out as if i were on an opiate but i was able to bring myself out of it never completely relaxing. I have a feeling i may have just avoided a heart attack but I'm not completely sure as i have had pains due to lungs sticking to my intestines that replicate the symptoms of a heart attack. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm 19 years old and i regularly exercise and eat quite healthy so Im not 100% sure it was a pre-heart attack but i have done some very large doses a few years ago which could have caused a lot of damage, some of you may remember me posting about doing 5-6 grams in a single day bender. I do alot of cycling so my cardiovascular health could be seen as normal or above normal as i ride about 80 to 100km each ride. This whip may just be extremely strong as it is a fresh batch i have never tried and i may have indulged a single bump to much as always ;).

Ergan

Update* Ive smoked some weed and it seems to have slowed down my heart from beating so hard but there is still a weird feeling thats going away slowly

Last edited:
Heart pains aren't uncommon from the use of stimulants. Sometimes it's just a pulled muscle from tension. Othertimes the extreme vasoconstriction can reduce the supply of blood to cardiac tissue, and pain is a typical response to that, and it does indeed often radiate out to the back.

Over time plaques and fibrotic tissue can also form along coronary arteries (causing eg stenosis), either from poor diet and also from direct oxidative harm caused by stimulants, but since you're only 19 and otherwise healthy and regularly exercise, you'd be at very low risk for that.

Just take a break from amps for a while, and keep at the exercise and healthy eating. Make sure you take a low dose (baby 30-50mg) aspirin when you use as well, which will reduce the chances of any blood clotting and improve oxygen supply.

A break, healthy eating and sleep is definitely a good idea. Perhaps work on getting more adrenaline fixes through biking or extreme sports instead of intense amp use. That still have a super nice high but is far easier on the body than high doses of mystery stims.

Keep in mind that stimulat use can also cause the muscles and tendons around the ribcage in the heart area to strain.

I had something similar from crack use and was worried it was my heart. I went to doctor and it turned out to he chondroititis or something. The straining of the ribcage like I just described

i was wondering if it could relate to extreme fat loss causing the area my organs take up to shrink which could cause pressure, as i lost pretty much 98% of the fat on my body. its been about 7 hours and I'm still having discomfort its turned into an uneasy feeling as if my heart is bleeding out or has a hole in it and its spurting out inside of my body, could this be due to anxiety? i also have this tightness in my back left shoulder blade im guessing this may also be due to fat loss.

Fat loss doesn't have anything to do with it. You overdosed on amphetamine. Hopefully you'll be ok. The fact that you exercise isn't going to help, it'll just make it more likely that you'll have a sudden cardiac arrest. You're heart needs rest more than anything.

i was wondering if it could relate to extreme fat loss causing the area my organs take up to shrink which could cause pressure, as i lost pretty much 98% of the fat on my body. its been about 7 hours and I'm still having discomfort its turned into an uneasy feeling as if my heart is bleeding out or has a hole in it and its spurting out inside of my body, could this be due to anxiety? i also have this tightness in my back left shoulder blade im guessing this may also be due to fat loss.

No.
You just did too much, that’s the short and simple answer.
500mg of amphetamine is way to much for someone who use it a handful times/year.

Have something to drink, try to eat something and go for a walk. That’s my suggestion.

Take care!

Listen I am not judging you at all, I love my drugs ...... but cmon dude , that's way too much amps to be doing . Even for a young healthy person .

I've experienced this many times and concluded that it was due to taking too much in a short period of time or prolonged use (days and days). Best thing to do is to take take a break a if you decide to use again then don't take as much.

A half gram !?! That's a little Overkill in my opinion , My DOC is Crystal Methamphetamine (Smoked) and has been for a year (Tomorrow) and I don't dare do 500mg at once

A half gram !?! That's a little Overkill in my opinion , My DOC is Crystal Methamphetamine (Smoked) and has been for a year (Tomorrow) and I don't dare do 500mg at once

Speed often has a purity as low as 5-10%; crystal meth is typically more like 30-70%. Plus meth is generally perceived to be more potent mg/mg. Still I agree, 500mg was way too much and hopefully OP won't do that again.

HALF A GRAM OF AMP IS TOO MUCH. Seriously even if it's stepped on bullshit street speed that's a lot of uppers beating you up from within. The line between being buzzed and self poisoning can be fine sometimes.

Eat a banana and smoke a joint and watch cartoons and take a shower.

update went to the hospital and found out its just internal muscular injuries in my chest due to over use while on the amphetamines, as i tend to lean laying down on one arm. Makes me respect the power the mental and how much anxiety can manifest itself, as im actually healthier than the average person according to my physical.

The amphetamine was imported polish rock, no catpiss smell just that pure p2p synth, yummy would guess its around 65%. Im used to eating cut as hell stuff so this was a shock to the system, but using it at 60mg orally(only way i will be taking it, we relapse and learn more restrain this time it will stick amazing how fast you can think of things you will leave behind on a half g of some pure;) ) it produces a perfect practical stimulant effect close to that of dex. No come down was noticed, as well i have noticed no muscular breakdown as it only seem to effect fat cells even at high doses unlike other street amphetamine and meth, most likely attributed to the quality of it

-Bud
-Showers
-asprin
-lots of food and water
These helped very well thank you for your suggestions

Be safe man really happy you turned out to be a-ok!

And hell yeah keep that dose at 60 mg friend, that sounds a lot more reasonable/sustainable.