• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe My god, Has ANYONE successfully tried and done the Bernese method or microdosed onto Suboxone from opioids?????

I just kicked a fentanyl habit, I was trying the bernese method but couldnt get it to work. I tapered down and then after 24 hours I took 4mg suboxobe and did not have precipitated withdrawals. I took gabapentin during day and trazadone to sleep and while I felt flat and lethargic the process wasnt that bad at all
I posted earlier this being about tapering down and asking how long I needed to wait. I was doing the fake M30’s pretty hard and have been through PW symptoms. But I’ve tapered down to like 4 a day and want to go for the detox so I can start the buprenorphine. How far down did you taper before you only had to wait 24 hours? Fentanyl sucks Man. Totally different beast compared to coming off oxy, which seems easy now compared to trying to come off the fentanyl pills.

You need to go to a hospital or detox. Thats about the only method I can think of which could work for you. The hospital can sedate you through this and keep you more comfortable then. Detox is rougher but its somewhere to be thats safe.

I dont see this as a taper situation. Just have a feeling about you that you NEED off of this NOW.

Heres the thing about suboxone sublingual dose. The naloxone doesnt activate. Its just there to prevent you from using it IV. Sublingual naloxone is extremely unbioavailable.

There is no number higher than 3% here while buprenorphine is more in the 40s. Youre not going into precipitated withdrawal. Youre just not able to handle the low doses these methadone / suboxone doctors always start people at. You need to detox.

Fentanyl is serious stuff. Check yourself in.
I’m sorry but I know the difference between precipitated withdrawal and regular. I guarantee I have a lot more experience in it than what you have read. Sorry.

I’m guessing because it is continuously releasing from your fat and so even when you are in withdrawal enough is on your receptors to mess with the buph? I’m not sure.
Thank you for the reply. I just want off this shit. I thought oxy was rough, but this shit is brutal trying to come off and induct bupe.

I want to start this method where you microdose suboxone while still taking opioid of choice over 7-14 days depending.

If you don’t know what it is look up Bernese Method.

I was prescribed this method by my doctor but I can’t seem to find one SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS DONE IT that can tell me their experience. My god I am losing my mind here!!!

I have read every study out there.

I need to get on suboxone and because of the way fentanyl is it doesn’t matter how long you wait you will go into precipitated withdrawal and I’m sick as a dog by 18 hours so I can’t wait 48 hours.

Is there not one soul in this whole forum that has done it???????
I’ve been eared to try it. I went 36 hours once and still got wicked PW’s. But I was using like 15 of the fake M30’s a day at the time. I’ve tapered down to like 4 a day now and am gonna try to go as long as possible before taking the bupe. Will ty and repost once I get through it and let you know. I just pray I make it long enough not to get PW’s.

I’ve been eared to try it. I went 36 hours once and still got wicked PW’s. But I was using like 15 of the fake M30’s a day at the time. I’ve tapered down to like 4 a day now and am gonna try to go as long as possible before taking the bupe. Will ty and repost once I get through it and let you know. I just pray I make it long enough not to get PW’s.
I just took the first .25 for the last 2 days. Tomorrow I will take .25 morning and evening, next day I’ll take .5 morning and .5 evening, then next day I’ll take .5 morning and .75 evening. Then next day I’ll take 1 and 1, and so on. So we will see what happens. I will write a huge detailed blog post on my blog about it, since there doesn’t seem to be any experience out there on it. I guess I’ll pioneer it. Oh yeah, and you continually take your drug of choice every day, actually taking higher dose day 7-8, and then day 9 -14, depending how you draw it out, you just take sub and no opioid or full agonist.

Man another thing that freaks me out about these fentanyl pills is the inconsistency. For quite awhile I was getting ones that were almost the exact same color and size as a real M30 oxy pill. But they were really brittle and hard to break up and the powder was very brittle as well when broken down. And they were stronger than oxy obviously, but not too crazy. But recently these other ones came along that are dark blue and really soft. You can basically just mash them with your finger and they mush down into soft powder. But good god they are strong. And they feel different. Like crazy euphoria to the point that I was scared to pass out so I forced myself to stay awake. It might seem weird, but that’s what really made me want to stop and start tapering down. I cant imagine IV’ing one of those (I snort them). Really made me realize how people OD so easily on this stuff, especially mainlining it. So fairwrning, if you’re doing the fake 30’s like me. These soft, dark blue ones I’m seeing now are way stronger than any other I’ve tried in the past. Be careful and do a small test dose, if you come across them. I’ve been using opioids for a long time and these actually scared me. I’ve Ben tapering and won’t do these dark ones anymore. Been a long time since a single pill has made me nod in and out like those did.

I just took the first .25 for the last 2 days. Tomorrow I will take .25 morning and evening, next day I’ll take .5 morning and .5 evening, then next day I’ll take .5 morning and .75 evening. Then next day I’ll take 1 and 1, and so on. So we will see what happens. I will write a huge detailed blog post on my blog about it, since there doesn’t seem to be any experience out there on it. I guess I’ll pioneer it. Oh yeah, and you continually take your drug of choice every day, actually taking higher dose day 7-8, and then day 9 -14, depending how you draw it out, you just take sub and no opioid or full agonist.
Good luck and hang in there! Sound like is working for you and That is awesome!

First off, no the hospital does not detox you. I know all about the naloxone…. This is why I said please look up the method I’m talking about… First off, YOU GO INTO PRECIPITATED WITHDRAWAL FROM THE BUPH NOT THE NALOXONE THAT IS A MYTH.

I’m trying to get on subs, your post is wrong and this is not the spot for it… my god.
Im actually not wrong. I just kicked fent with subs very recently and kicked the subs as well. Im opiate free a couple or few weeks now.

@tweakette

The hospital does do detox if youre severe.

I dont know what else to say. Youre missing the main point of what the action of suboxone actially is. Opiods dont cause precipitated withdrawal from opoids. The end. I dont want any more hostility please. Im actually worried about you.

Im actually not wrong. I just kicked fent with subs very recently and kicked the subs as well. Im opiate free a couple or few weeks now.
How long did you wait before taking the subs? And did you taper down before completely stopping? I’ve been tapering and want to stop so I can take my subs.

How long did you wait before taking the subs? And did you taper down before completely stopping? I’ve been tapering and want to stop so I can take my subs.
I didnt wait. I just switched. I didnt taper down (much) I was shooting almost a gram a week. I guess it took a couple days to make the appt. i was sick as a dog, but to be honest my meth use covers up a lot of that stuff.

I do not recommend using meth to alleviate any hangover or withdrawal in any case any substance. Meth is my #1 life destroyer. The real motivator for me with opiates was more mind over matter. I was a hardcore heroin addict in 2016-2017 and Ive only had 2 big relapses since. Both short lived about 6 weeks each.

In the end, when I quit the subs. I bought a bottle of Tylenol 1s and used a few here and there.Now I dont use those either. In order to quit a substance, you have to get over the pain of it all and face it. That monkey will always be there but it can be done. I just hope to God one day Ill be able to quit, or drastically reduce amphetamines.

Having an addiction is nothing to be ashamed of. Remember that. Find a level thats acceptable to you in your life and aim for it. I think for you thats total abstinence from opiates right? Dont give up. Everything you do to reduce the harm and get there is a positive and shows that you are capable.

Edit: forgot to mention that after 2017 I was on methadone til 2018. I cold turkeyed at 20mg after going 50 --> 40 ==> 30 ===> 20mg. Its brutal but it can be done.

Last edited:
I didnt wait. I just switched. I didnt taper down (much) I was shooting almost a gram a week. I guess it took a couple days to make the appt. i was sick as a dog, but to be honest my meth use covers up a lot of that stuff.

I do not recommend using meth to alleviate any hangover or withdrawal in any case any substance. Meth is my #1 life destroyer. The real motivator for me with opiates was more mind over matter. I was a hardcore heroin addict in 2016-2017 and Ive only had 2 big relapses since. Both short lived about 6 weeks each.

In the end, when I quit the subs. I bought a bottle of Tylenol 1s and used a few here and there.Now I dont use those either. In order to quit a substance, you have to get over the pain of it all and face it. That monkey will always be there but it can be done. I just hope to God one day Ill be able to quit, or drastically reduce amphetamines.

Having an addiction is nothing to be ashamed of. Remember that. Find a level thats acceptable to you in your life and aim for it. I think for you thats total abstinence from opiates right? Dont give up. Everything you do to oreduce the harm and get there is a positive and shows that you are capable.
Yeah I’m not into meth. Used to do coke a lot years ago, but it’s been just opiates the last few years on and off. Get off, relapse, get off again etc. Been through PW’s a few times and it’s the worst. I’ve been tapering and just half to face the fact I’m gonna have to feel like absolute shot for a few days. You’re right about that. It’s a rough thing to face, but it has to be done. My life is in too much disarray because of it to keep going. Glad I’ve tapered down at least though. Hoping it makes it a little easier or a little less time to be able to take the subs. I appreciate the kind words. It’s a rough road for all of us, but knowing you’re not alone helps. At this point the level I want to be in is taking subs again and managing my life better without feeling so trapped by this stuff. Feel like I’ve missed out on a lot because of it.

Yeah I’m not into meth. Used to do coke a lot years ago, but it’s been just opiates the last few years on and off. Get off, relapse, get off again etc. Been through PW’s a few times and it’s the worst. I’ve been tapering and just half to face the fact I’m gonna have to feel like absolute shot for a few days. You’re right about that. It’s a rough thing to face, but it has to be done. My life is in too much disarray because of it to keep going. Glad I’ve tapered down at least though. Hoping it makes it a little easier or a little less time to be able to take the subs. I appreciate the kind words. It’s a rough road for all of us, but knowing you’re not alone helps. At this point the level I want to be in is taking subs again and managing my life better without feeling so trapped by this stuff. Feel like I’ve missed out on a lot because of it.
Me too. The best thing to do is keep making the effort no matter what and appreciate the victories we get as net positives in life experience. The slips and relapses or whatever (if they happen) are also positive if theyre overcome. Its important to have some value in your life and to remember the good things. Addiction does not define who you are. Anybody who says otherwise is an asshole.

Im glad for your taper too. Youre making the right steps.

That's great news @Outlier an awesome achievement that shouldn't be underestimated. I'm taking my hat off to you! ❤

I want to start this method where you microdose suboxone while still taking opioid of choice over 7-14 days depending.

If you don’t know what it is look up Bernese Method.

I was prescribed this method by my doctor but I can’t seem to find one SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS DONE IT that can tell me their experience. My god I am losing my mind here!!!

I have read every study out there.

I need to get on suboxone and because of the way fentanyl is it doesn’t matter how long you wait you will go into precipitated withdrawal and I’m sick as a dog by 18 hours so I can’t wait 48 hours.

Is there not one soul in this whole forum that has done it???????
idk, but you reminded me of the time I switched painlessly from methadone to sub. Good luck! Go with the hospital detox like Outlier said.
Anyway, the moral of the story is that this infamous switch was made so easy by means of A FENTANYL PATCH!!! If I were in your shoes I know I would attempt to switch to Fentanyl patches and then transition to sub from the patch.I"m not 100% that it would work, as I only wore the patch for 24 or 48 hours (I can't recal atm). But honestly I think the key may lie within this post. Cheers CfZrx

Man another thing that freaks me out about these fentanyl pills is the inconsistency. For quite awhile I was getting ones that were almost the exact same color and size as a real M30 oxy pill. But they were really brittle and hard to break up and the powder was very brittle as well when broken down. And they were stronger than oxy obviously, but not too crazy. But recently these other ones came along that are dark blue and really soft. You can basically just mash them with your finger and they mush down into soft powder. But good god they are strong. And they feel different. Like crazy euphoria to the point that I was scared to pass out so I forced myself to stay awake. It might seem weird, but that’s what really made me want to stop and start tapering down. I cant imagine IV’ing one of those (I snort them). Really made me realize how people OD so easily on this stuff, especially mainlining it. So fairwrning, if you’re doing the fake 30’s like me. These soft, dark blue ones I’m seeing now are way stronger than any other I’ve tried in the past. Be careful and do a small test dose, if you come across them. I’ve been using opioids for a long time and these actually scared me. I’ve Ben tapering and won’t do these dark ones anymore. Been a long time since a single pill has made me nod in and out like those did.
They're mashing whatever they got/want into those little pills. Fentanyl, 4-ANNP (Fent precursor), meth, dozens of other OTC and prescription drugs and chemicals even had drugsdata.org scratching their heads calling on experts to help identify.
Any idiot can go into business w/ surprisingly little overhead
Polish-20210611-203734257.jpg

Somebody even sprung for a proper die mold with the stylized M (for Mallinckrodt) but the number 3 still has curved ends like it's going into an "8" though I imagine they'll fix that too if they haven't already. As soon as demand drops theyll invest the absolute minimum in order to fix it.

Polish-20210620-013025888.jpg

sorry to be such a buzzkill, but maybe the right person if this gets to them on time before the lights go out well that will make it worthwhile

because that person was me not too long ago.

Last edited: