Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

My friends have lost it!

sonic_reality

Bluelighter
hey there,

i moved to perth from cairns about 3 months ago, and recently went back to cairns for a holiday!

and in that short time that i have been gone, i have noticed a HUGE difference in my friends drug usgae, and also their personalities!

it is like i was the smart person, telling them to limit their drug usage, and to not go overboard. i learnt this from bluelight, and always try to pass this info on!

but once i left, they just went crazy!

all of my friends went from only needing 1-2 pills per night, with the occasional person taking 3, to taking 6-7 pills in a night, and not even being fazed by it!

they started doing pills 4-5 times a week and just talking to them on the phone, i noticed a huge difference in their motivation!

they have also started smoking DMT and taking 2cb on a regular basis. before i left, they would have never even thought of doing that!

then they got sick of pills, and started taking acid. and not acid once a week, acid every single day of the week, for 3 or 4 weeks straight!

one of my mates took nine tabs in 4 hours. and the next day he took more!
the same mate took 4 microdots at a doof, and ended up curled up in a ball, quivering in the corner.

luckily, he soon realised what he was doing, and stopped taking stuff for a while, but he was the only one!

on my recent trip back to cairns, i met one of my mates. he was fine when i left, and was not much of a drug taker at all.
now he is a dealer. and he has seriously lost it in the head. he took 30 tabs of acid(very good acid too, nearly up there with the dots) in the space of a week, and has been tripping ever since. that was about 4 weeks ago.

when i spoke to him, you couldn't actually have a conversation with him. it was really scary.

he just kept saying over and over again, "i'm a god, and you're the devil. everyone here is evil and i am god. i am the captain of the pirate ship, and i am about to set sail. so let's go smoke some dmt in the wonderland".
i am seriously not joking!! he was saying those exact words over and over and over and over and over ...........

eventually i just walked away from him, because he was really freaking me out.

we were at a doof at the time, and some of my mates had to go chasing him up a mountain, because he was ruuning into the forest, with the intention of not coming back. if they hadn't of caught him, i would say he would still be in the forest!

apparantly he has also been smoking DMT like it is pot, and taking speed like it is candy!
and i have been told he is still tripping. he may not actually be tripping, but he has certainly lost his mind. he will NEVER be the same again!

i have lost a good friend to drugs. it has certainly made me see drugs in a differnt light. i don't think i will ever try DMT now, whereas before i might have!

i really don't know why i started this thread. maybe just to get some other peoples opinions on this, and to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

i really wish i could do something about it, but i can't, with me being over here in perth!

i am sooooo glad that i left, as i can say for sure, that i would probably be in the same situation as them if i hadn't of left.
now i am straight, and loving it. well..... not loving it, but i will certainly never go back to doing it every weekend, like i was before i left!

i never thought i would see my friends like this, and it has really got me down!
especially seeing as though i haven't made any friends here in perth yet, so the only people i can talk to, are my friends in cairns. and i just keep hearing more bad news!

i am just hoping like hell that they realise what they are doing to themselves, and start to do something about it.
but from what i have seen, it is already too late for one of them. he has totally lost it, and i don't think he will ever come back :(

it is really sad

sorry for the long post, but i just really needed to get this off my chest, and to tell people about it, who might actually understand.
and bluelight is the only place i could do it!

I've known a few people who have gone hard with DMT. The DMT elves can weave a web of confusion all right (hey that's their job ;)) but if it makes you feel any better, these people have all come out of the dream eventually and they all seem fine. One girl, a very successful business lady in her late 30's used large amounts of DMT everyday for almost a year. She's also back on track and speaks freely of her time with the elves. In the midst of it all, even her best friends turned their backs on her because of her absolute obsession with DMT'ville.

Something I've observed over time is that although perhaps not desirable, it often seems that many kids who start using at a young age seem to give up also at an earlier age. I don't know what the stats are on this and perhaps I'm generalising a bit, but many of the young heavy drinkers around when I was a teenager now don't drink at all. Same goes for pot. The late "bloomers" seem to be those who tend to use into their middle age or longer, whereas the kids who started at 14 or 15 often seem to be over it by the time they're around 25-30.

Before any of us found pot, at around age 16 I met some young Canadian tourists who ended up spending the summer in my home town. They each seemed to have amazing drug stories which totally captivated our young inexperienced crew. But these guys, aged between 20-23 didn't use drugs -anymore. They had all smoked pot at 12-13, took acid at 16 etc. but eventually chucked it, saying drugs were for kids who hadn't grow up yet. This obviously doesn't apply to every user, but nevertheless it has been a trend I've often observed.

sonic_reality, with being so many miles from your friends there's not much you can do so I sympathize with how you must be feeling. Perhaps they too will get things out of their system eventually.

Thanks for sharing your story. Try not to feel it's in any way your responsibility your mates are going hard. It isn't, and if it was your influence alone which previously kept them safe, then it was probably time for you to go anyway. You can't be holding their hands at 40, now can you ? :\

23.gif
4 your
24.gif

I feel for your situation, however i think they may have to learn the hard way. There is a difference between using drugs for pleasure or as tools, but your friends are just getting fucked up plain and simple - and you can only do that for so long before you pay a penalty. If you stop respecting drugs and their power, especially those such as DMT, your going to end up crashing and burning.

Hi sonic.

I totally empathise with you. I moved AWAY from Perth to get away from the pinged out craziness you describe. Unfortunately one of the pingers killed himself and I found out a month later when I visited. He had been a close friend so I was gutted.

Maybe it would help you to go out and meet people (obviously, NOT the pingers I was talking about above!!) in Perth, I know it's really hard if you don't know anyone. What sort of music/scene are you into? In general Perth people are really friendly. I'd be happy to give you some recommendations of where to go and so on...

Hope you're feeling cool, all the stuff PD said about not feeling responsible is spot on, even if it's hard to achieve.

ae

Thats a terrible story. Sometimes going to those big events, seeing some of the crazy things that go on, makes you really want to double-check yourself as well. I'm taking a big break after I saw a guy lock himself in his car after a doof, wild-eyes and dehydrated.. at 12pm.. holding furiously onto the door-knobs so no-one could get it. He eventually passed out and the ambos rescued him.
Scary stuff.

To echo phase_dancer's last few lines - best thing to do is realise it's not your responsibility, so that you don't blame yourself for their behaviour. Ruing the loss of a character you used to call a friend is all well and good, but blaming yourself is counter productive.

As for your mates... I don't think it'll last long - behaviour like that can't last long. :(

thanks for all the replies guys, it helps to know that people understand what i have been thinking about! :)

i don't really blame myself for their drug habits nowadays, but i still sort of blame myself for them leaving school, which in turn, has lead to their drugs habits.
before i left school, not ONE of my friends was even thinking about doing it. they were all set on finishing school(at least the year anyway) and continuing on from there.
then i left, and within a months 70% of them had done the same! only a couple of my friends have decided to finish, and they are currently finishing year 12!

although there is one of my friends drug problems that i feel partly responsible for.
the one who took nine tabs in a night, and also 4 micros at a doof!

4-5 months ago, he was as straight as a tack. well..... not straight, but he wasn't into drugs.
he smoked a lot of pot, and got pissed everyday of the week.
i didn't like seeing him getting pissed all the time, so i got him into pills, as at least he wouldn't use it everyday(or so i thought).

i don't feel responsible for his drug usage, just the fact that i got him into it, and that he probably would still be a pisshead, instead of a druggo. i never would have thought that i would rather see him as a pisshead, but now i do!

luckily, he has slowed down ALOT!
when i went to cairns a couple of weeks back, he hadn't had anything in 3 or 4 weeks, which for him is a long time. and he still wouldn't have had anything, if i hadn't of shouted him half a pill.
but luckily the half a pill didn't get him back into it, and as far as i know, he hasn't had anything since. altho i do know he has bought quite a few micros(he is giving me some as a bday pressie), but as far as i know, he hasn't had any yet.

bu8t, as for my other friends. they are still going sa hard as when i last saw them. when i was in cairns, i met one of my REALLY god mates at a doof. he didn't seem like he had had much, but the next day, i found out how much he had.
he had over 8 pills, and they were all different sorts, not just one batch. and 8 pills didn't do much for him, so that is saying something! :(

apparantly the guy who took 30 trips(double troubles, any one heard of em?) in a week, all while smoking DMT and taking pills and whiz like it was candy, is still in the same state as i described in m last post.

it is really quite sad, and i hope things change very soon. as i'm not sure if i would want to hang around these guys next time i go to cairns, if they keep doing what they are doing.
it really scares me what they are doing to themselves.

aunty establishment said:
Maybe it would help you to go out and meet people (obviously, NOT the pingers I was talking about above!!) in Perth, I know it's really hard if you don't know anyone. What sort of music/scene are you into? In general Perth people are really friendly. I'd be happy to give you some recommendations of where to go and so on...

i'm into psytrance, which also means i'm into the doof scene.

unfortunately, it seems i have moved to a town, where doofing is not embraced in the same way as it is in cairns. cairns is a major doofing town, and that is the ONLY reason why i miss it!
at first, when i left, i missed the drugs, and how readily available it was. but now, after seeing what it has done to my friends, i don't miss it at all. just the doofs!

[Edit: Off-topic material removed. BigTrancer]]

anyways, thanks for all the replies guys.

i'm hoping things change in cairns very soon, but i really can't see that happening :(

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a friendly reminder guys, please carry out all social/events discussion in the appropriate forum.

BT :)

sonic_reality said:
thanks for all the replies guys, it helps to know that people understand what i have been thinking about! :)

i don't really blame myself for their drug habits nowadays, but i still sort of blame myself for them leaving school, which in turn, has lead to their drugs habits.
before i left school, not ONE of my friends was even thinking about doing it. they were all set on finishing school(at least the year anyway) and continuing on from there.
then i left, and within a months 70% of them had done the same! only a couple of my friends have decided to finish, and they are currently finishing year 12!

plenty of educated people have drugs problems as well. Leaving skool is not the problem. Self medicating for depression is the problem.

although there is one of my friends drug problems that i feel partly responsible for.
the one who took nine tabs in a night, and also 4 micros at a doof!

4-5 months ago, he was as straight as a tack. well..... not straight, but he wasn't into drugs.
he smoked a lot of pot, and got pissed everyday of the week.
i didn't like seeing him getting pissed all the time, so i got him into pills, as at least he wouldn't use it everyday(or so i thought).

i don't feel responsible for his drug usage, just the fact that i got him into it, and that he probably would still be a pisshead, instead of a druggo. i never would have thought that i would rather see him as a pisshead, but now i do!

ANYONE who drinks and/or smokes dope everyday is self medicating for depression. Ask any drug therapist/counsellor.

luckily, he has slowed down ALOT!
when i went to cairns a couple of weeks back, he hadn't had anything in 3 or 4 weeks, which for him is a long time. and he still wouldn't have had anything, if i hadn't of shouted him half a pill.

Gee that is a good way to get your friends of drugs isn't it ?

i'm into psytrance, which also means i'm into the doof scene.

Some people will disagree with me, but I think most people in the psytrance scene are depressed (low seratonin), and most are self medicating for depression (dope or trips or pills or alcohol). After being in the alternative scene for most of the 90's it is safe to say that 99 % of alternative people are depressed or manic-depressed, and psytrance doofs are just an alternative rave.

Just wait till your friends get on smack, then this will seem like a party ...

Dr. Beat said:
ANYONE who drinks and/or smokes dope everyday is self medicating for depression. Ask any drug therapist/counsellor.

what the fuck????? i didn't start this topic, for people to go on about how my friends are depressed.

anyway, how did depression come into this topic?? i was asking if people had had the same experiences as me with regard to my friends.

and by saying and/or, i take it you mean someone who smokes pot everyday is self medicating for depression.
because that would put down about 90% of bluelighters(including BigTrancer) as self medicating for depression!

Gee that is a good way to get your friends of drugs isn't it?

well, if you really want to know, i shouted him half a pill, because he was letting me stay with him for the week, and giving me food.
he had just had a fight with his girlfriend, and i thought i'd cheer him up. and it did!

anyway, he was the only one to have slowed down in his drug taking. he hadn't had anything in nearly a month, so i saw no reason not to shout him.
if he was still going hard, i would have thought twice about it, but he wasn't. and still isn't!

Some people will disagree with me, but I think most people in the psytrance scene are depressed (low seratonin), and most are self medicating for depression (dope or trips or pills or alcohol). After being in the alternative scene for most of the 90's it is safe to say that 99 % of alternative people are depressed or manic-depressed, and psytrance doofs are just an alternative rave.

hahahahaha, that is the most laughable thing i have read all day!!

you obviously don't know too many people in the doof scene, and if you do, they aren't true doofers!

most people in the psytrance scene are more content and happy with their lives, than any other group of people i know!
true doofers feel in touch with nature, and try not to let anything get them down!! they are the happiest and most loving people i have ever met, and i am glad to be apart of this unique group!!

i have seen a few depressed doofers who self medicate with drugs, but as i said, they aren't true doofers!

i suggest you actually go to a doof, before saying shit like this. and if you have been doofing, what the hell kind of a doof did go to??
and i don't see why doofers would have any less serotonin than any other ravers, or drug taker for that matter. i know a lot of people who don't even take drugs at doof. they are just there for the music and nature!

and how did psytrance people being depressed get into this topic as well??

aunty was asking me what scene i am into, so he/she could maybe help me out with info on where to go and how to see!
it had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is why BT edited one of the posts, because it was specific to psytrance.

are you saying i too am depressed??
because i am so into the psytrance scene that it aint funny! and right now i am the happiest i have been in god knows how long. and i'm going doofing tomorrow night, which makes me even happier!
i'm certainly not depressed!

anyway, after reading what you had to say about dxm and mdma in the 'quantative test results' thread, i find it very hard to believe anything you say. especially when you quote percentages/statistics!!

don't you know that 87.2% of statistics are made up on the spot?!?!?!

Just wait till your friends get on smack, then this will seem like a party ...

man...... why did you even bother replying to this thread??

you haven't had one positive thing to say about what i have posted, you haven't even said that you understand what i am feeling.
you have just gone and said my friends are depressed, and that i too am depressed. and then you have gone and also said that everyone in the scene that i am into are depressed too!

and then you had the nerve to say that this will seem tame once they are onto smack.

think about what you post next time you fool. it's lucky i don't take your posts too seriously!
if you've got nothing constructive to say on the topic, don't reply at all!

Dr. Beat: You say smack can destroy a group of friends but surely smoking DMT and doing acid on a daily basis has just as much potential for harm. They give opiates to people for pain relief however, do you see doctors prescribing DMT to kids that probly are a little unsettled in some manner?

Anyway on the whole I find most of your comments to be generalised and in no way helpfull to sonic reality.

And please leave you taste in music/people out of it. Psytrance outdoors is one of the most friendly atmospheres I have ever experienced and most of the people all seem very ballenced and self aware.

BigTrancer said:
If it looks like a troll, don't feed it.

BigTrancer :)

hahaha

i bet my friend who is off with the dmt/acid fairies has seen a few trolls lately!!
probably fed them too!!

hehe, BT you depressed selfmedicating supermoderator you!! (jk)

Sorry BT, but this is gonna be slightly OT.

sonic: are any of your friends in any way related to Hunter S Thompson?

you mean this guy?

typewrit2.jpg

Thank god for computers....mmm..'spose we'd better get back on topic.

A guy I went to skool wit is now in a drug cicosus ( that how u speel it?? mmm .[sp: 'psychosis'. BT]) I havent seen him since I left skool and thats been about 2 yrs. His mum nearly killed herself, becoz she couldnt handle her little boy being like that and now is a little mental herself, it has fukd the whole family up, the mum's mental, the dad quit his very sucsessful job to look after the mum, and these people were very well to do people. Wouldnt hurt anyone, were not one minded.

Also Im finding it hard to be around a friend at the moment, since he has start using e again he is turning out to be a complete bitch, nearly every conversation he is tryign to challenge your mind, and fair enuff in a blue moon to do that wit a friend, but he does all the time ever conversation and I feel like Im turning mental somtimes when I leave his place, I havent experienced anything else as of yet but Im sure I'll be done that path one day as nearly ALL of my friends are doing drugs now and that prob/ly about 20 of them, well 20ppl from where I live

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends doing drugs is always there choice and most people usually end up feeling bad about the choice there friends make...makes little sense its 4 in the morning come one
Back to it....if you get your friend to try a drug and they like it a little "too much" its niether your fault nor should u feel guilty about it as long as u didnt pressure your friend into doing the drug in the first place..heres a scenario from my experience ive just started taking e (young experimentation all that) now i dont take heaps maybe one every couple of weeks but i usually get them for a mate off another friend of mine and we usually get about 5 everytime i ask...anyway the person i got them off told a female friend of mine how many ive been getting and said female friend then proceeded to give me a 30 min lecture in a nightclub about how it was wrong and i shouldnt do the shit....now this really pissed me off and has sort of soured my friendship with her because i dont really want to talk to her now....there is a lesson here... do not go off at your friends for doing it or youll push them away its great if u feel concern for your friends as u should but dont let there life decisions ruin your life and get u angry and depressed...be there for them and care for them if anything goes wrong or they need it but never abandon someone because of what they are doing.
Dr beat leaving school is a problem when most teens dont have any plans past that and they end up smoking pot all day everyday and lose motivation to do anything and if your going to be a rude insensitive prick i suggest you fuck off to put it nicely sonic thanks for sharing hope this forum helps me as much as it has helped you

had to edit maaaaany fuck ups peace

Dr Beat did sound a bit harsh, and although the following quote is a bit generalised, I have seen a similar trend with my friends:
>I think most people in the psytrance scene are depressed (low seratonin), and most are self medicating for depression (dope or trips or pills or alcohol). After being in the alternative scene for most of the 90's it is safe to say that 99 % of alternative people are depressed or manic-depressed, and psytrance doofs are just an alternative rave.<
Many of my friends who self medicate suffer depression, bipolar or some form of mental illness, substituting one drug for another constantly.