• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My friends first time doing adderall

Tigernamedfred

Greenlighter
I am here as a concerned friend. My friend recently got adderall 3 30mg ir (I only know this because as soon as he told me about it I went to his house, looked at the pill, and have been doing research all night while my friend has been tripping. His drug dealer literally told him nothing about the pills no dosage no nothing just that they would be fun.) My friend is male he is 6'2" 150ish pounds could go in either direction by a couple pounds. He is 18. I asked him everything that I could think of that might be relevant to doing drugs so any questions just ask and here we go. He slept 12 hours woke up about 9pm that's when his dealer texted him so he went and got them and texted me so I came over and we ate some chili he had left over he had a pretty big bowl at probably 10ish , then at midnight he decided to take one (he works night so he is up all night and sleeps during the day but had the night off) he felt really good had like a half a can of soda and 3 ciggarretts and no food within the next 4 hours. At 4am he decided that he was feeling good but could be feeling better so he took another. Within the next 5 hours he had a can of soda and 3 more cigarettes. It is now almost 9 am and he want to take another one but I told him to wait so I could figure out the risk, it is Tuesday and he doesn't work until Thursday night so he will have plenty of time to rest. So ya what are the risks and if it is risky and I can't stop him from doing how can I help him cut down the risk?

Moving to other drugs. Tell your friend he has to eat food, drink water, and get some rest. Or force yourself to do these things if you're the one taking the Adderall/Dexedrine.

I have read several threads on here even tho I don't do drugs. My best friend does a lot of different drugs and I'm always concerned. Now that being said I can understand why you thought it might have actually been me doing, lots of the threads use my friend not to incriminate themselves. I however am actually here to help a friend. So what do I do if he takes another one?

If your friend or you do take 30 more mg of Adderall orally, if they do not have heart or blood pressure problems they should be OK; but it's best to take a break from it, and eat food, drink water, and rest, and not binge or redose on it.

Last edited:
Sounds like "said person" is on a binge, If I were "said person" I would I would cut it out too many days without getting good rest is asking for addiction. Your friend is on the fast track to a long term addiction. And let's pray he doesn't become ever get started on Meth it is too easy to make that transition. And if he is taking the addys like this the first time, I would be a serious problem if he ever got onto Meth which is the logical end point. More euphoric, cheaper, more ROAs... Tell your friend he is heading into dangerous waters, but this occasion in particular doesn't sound life threatening. Though abusing amphetamines is never "safe." So use that information how you will, and best of luck to the both of you.

I definitely agree with Priest and Mad Dash. Mad Dash nailed the ease of progression of use and addiction with amphetamines. First, your friends dealer is an asshole, for not telling him about said drug. Some people have sensitivities to drugs. The good news about IR Adderall is it usually works for four hours and wears off pretty quick. Your friend took one, waited 5 hours, then took another one. I don't know if you knew how long it lasted, but good timing. You mentioned that he smoked a bowl prior to eating the Adderall. If he decided to eat the Adderall, then smoke a bowl, that could of backfired badly. Adderall can make your heart race. Now smoke a nice strong bowl of some sativa or other speedy bud. That easily could have at the minimum cause an uncomfortable situation, panic attack or even an ER visit under the right circumstances. Even though the use was spaced out, the maximum dose of Adderall, for most everyone is 60mg a day. Amphetamines can cause strain on the heart and even death in some people. Lastly, tolerance is a bitch. People who have big drug tolerances, usually wish they could drop them to much lower amounts. Now don't get me wrong, a normal tolerance is okay, but with drugs like amphetamines, you can raise your amphetamine tolerance quickly with high dosing of said drug.

I hope you pass on what you have learned here, to your friend. I hope it will help his understanding and help him make wiser decisions about any drug use in the future.

Last edited:
Well just to let everyone know, he didn't take it. I convinced him not to because it would fuck up his sleep cycle to much. Hahahaha of all the reasons to convince some one not to binge thats what convinced him. He is currently passed out but was talking about maybe getting a couple more. I am going to try to talk him out of it, wish me luck. Also thanks to everyone who provided information and the concern. On the subject of him getting into meth I would literally beat the shit out of him until he couldn't walk and then he wouldn't be able to get to his dealer anyways. The person who said sounds like a sad person on a binge, you are pretty much right he has had some pretty bad depression in the past it's more mild and under control now but still there. Also since you said even if he would have took more it would only be a problem if he was unhealthy I'm not to concerned right now because even with all the drugs he does he is one of the healthiest people I know. Once again thanks to all of you. Also I made him eat a peanut butter sandwich, drink a bunch of water, and take a multivitamin before he passed out.

he needs to eat food, drink water, and relax. if hes eating a normal, healthy amount of food, staying hydrated, and doesnt have any heart pain or anxiety its probably safe to take another one. he still might be up for a while tho, adderall makes it hard to fall asleep even if your tired. adderall natural tolerence varies a lot from person to person, so the only way to figure out the right dose is self experimentation. he shouldve started out with 20mg, but if he handled 30 fine and took another later and was still fine, he probably knows how much higher another pill will get him and if thats too much. if it turns out to be too much, give him some benzos, but i doubt it could turn out fatal. worst thing that could happen is an anxiety attack.