My Experience with SARS-CoV-2

Any updates? You feeling 100%? Any after effects?

My energy levels and general health seem completely normal now thanks mate. My sense of smell/taste hasn't really recovered any further - I can make out some smells and flavours here and there but not a lot really. And I'm experiencing a really profound, crippling depression that I guess may be related to covid-19 directly, but is probably more to do with the antibiotics I was on killing off my internal biota, since it started immediately after that treatment and hasn't let up since.

Am I to understand its been about 10 weeks since you got it and you still haven't entirely recovered?

Jesus.

Am I to understand its been about 10 weeks since you got it and you still haven't entirely recovered?

Jesus.

I read that after about 2 weeks if the olfactory bulb hasn't fully recovered it probably never will, so I guess that's a permanent side effect since I lost the sense on 19th March. I still remain hopeful it'll improve over time though. I may take some hGH (growth hormone) at some point to see if it helps recovery.

I read that after about 2 weeks if the olfactory bulb hasn't fully recovered it probably never will, so I guess that's a permanent side effect since I lost the sense on 19th March. I still remain hopeful it'll improve over time though. I may take some hGH (growth hormone) at some point to see if it helps recovery.

It's your body, but that seems like a bad idea to me.. (not that I know very much about hGH, I just worry is all).

I wouldn't put much stock in the suggestion that it won't recover. It seems unlikely and this is all so new it seems hard to believe anyone could be so definitive. I don't think remaining hopeful is unrealistic or anything.

Hope you continue to get better, and quickly. :)

Reactions: CFC
It's your body, but that seems like a bad idea to me.. (not that I know very much about hGH, I just worry is all).

I wouldn't put much stock in the suggestion that it won't recover. It seems unlikely and this is all so new it seems hard to believe anyone could be so definitive. I don't think remaining hopeful is unrealistic or anything.

Hope you continue to get better, and quickly. :)

Thanks jess ;)

We're all about livin' the hGH lifestyle over here, but concerns duly noted :geek:

Yeah... On that note.. Why is this thread in SIED anyway? I've wondered for a while but never bother to ask.

This is normally an area of bluelight I almost never contribute to.

We're all about livin' the hGH lifestyle over here, but concerns duly noted

Kinda sounds a little like the "when all you have is a hammer" phenomenon. ;)

I like it as he's one of the homes. Keeping us all abreast on how he's doing

Yeah... On that note.. Why is this thread in SIED anyway? I've wondered for a while but never bother to ask.

This is normally an area of bluelight I almost never contribute to.

Kinda sounds a little like the "when all you have is a hammer" phenomenon. ;)

I mean, tbh, it doesn't fit anywhere. Maybe the lounge I guess or possibly LAVA, but SIED is all about healthy living lol, so...

I mean, tbh, it doesn't fit anywhere. Maybe the lounge I guess or possibly LAVA, but SIED is all about healthy living lol, so...
Well there is/was? The Healthy Living forum lol. We used to have a lot of overlapping members who frequented both: aas users going there to stay healthy and HL folks popping over here to learn about hormonal health.

Well there is/was? The Healthy Living forum lol. We used to have a lot of overlapping members who frequented both: aas users going there to stay healthy and HL folks popping over here to learn about hormonal health.

Yeah we killed off health living a year or two ago and merged it into sober living as nobody wanted to get healthy anymore :LOL:

Yeah we killed off health living a year or two ago and merged it into sober living as nobody wanted to get healthy anymore :LOL:
Lol reminds me of the "what did you take" the ad in drug culture I believe it was. People were taking like 200mg morphine IV to get out of bed.

• Haha
It is a trivial virus. With the new antibody seroanalysis testing, the mortality rate is pretty damn low compared to the numbers the media is hyping.

For reference the h1n1 flu had a 1-4% and covid is less than 1% and we didn't panic with h1n1.
Right but 40 million people didn't get h1n1 and that's without a panic or lockdowns. Difference is the infection rate.

Right but 40 million people didn't get h1n1 and that's without a panic or lockdowns. Difference is the infection rate.
My ethics and morals are different than the status quo lol. Personally I'm fine with losing 1% of the population if everyone contracted the virus. That's just me though. I don't feel what we've done here in the states justifies the results we've gotten.

Interesting:

• The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee (Außerparlamentarischer Corona Untersuchungsausschuss), launched July 10, 2020, was founded by four trial attorneys to investigate and prosecute those responsible for implementing the economically devastating lockdowns around the world, as well as using fraudulent testing to engineer the appearance of a dangerous pandemic

• The Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee will be working with an international network of lawyers to argue the most massive tort case ever — a case described as “probably the greatest crime against humanity ever committed”

• They argue that pandemic measures were intended to sow panic so that the pharmaceutical and tech industries can generate huge profits from the sale of PCR tests, antigen and antibody tests and vaccines, and the harvesting of our genetic fingerprints

• Lockdowns were unnecessary, and any claim to the contrary is wrong, the Inquiry Committee insists. The virus was already in retreat and infection rates were starting to decline when lockdowns were imposed; scientific evidence shows a majority of people already have built-in protection against the virus due to cross-reactive T cell immunity, and the PCR test cannot be used to identify an active infection with SARS-CoV-2 or any other virus

• While mortality statistics during the pandemic have been within the norms of any given year, meaning the pandemic has not resulted in an excess number of deaths or a death toll higher than normal, the collateral damage from pandemic response measures is nearly incalculable

My ethics and morals are different than the status quo lol. Personally I'm fine with losing 1% of the population if everyone contracted the virus. That's just me though. I don't feel what we've done here in the states justifies the results we've gotten.
The point is death is not the only stat to care about. The various complications we have seen are alarming along with its ultra efficient ability to infect people, sometimes more than once. The states are only one tiny part of this global issue. I'm not saying you are a conspiracy guy but those with your mentality think it's about control or being manipulated. It is a virus that is now one of The top 10 killers in the world with a shockingly good infection rate.

The point is death is not the only stat to care about. The various complications we have seen are alarming along with its ultra efficient ability to infect people, sometimes more than once. The states are only one tiny part of this global issue. I'm not saying you are a conspiracy guy but those with your mentality think it's about control or being manipulated. It is a virus that is now one of The top 10 killers in the world with a shockingly good infection rate.
There have been only 2 confirmed cases of reinfection in the world. 2 out of millions infected. They're the exception, not the rule. The other complications are also quite rare. You don't hear people babbling on and on about long term effects from influenza (I've experienced psychiatric complications from influenza A) because it's not the flavor of the year. The vast majority of people have no major complications as seen with seroprevalence studies. I don't believe it's a conspiracy, but people are blowing the issue way out of proportion as if it's a death sentence if you get it. It is a serious issue for few who should take proper precautions, but evidence is showing that the fix is amounting to be potentially worse than the disease. And no, I don't get my information from media sources as they are heavily politicized. I dig through academic journals and come to a conclusion after reading multiple journals from different sources to account for biases.

@CFC any residual cardiovascular effects? You said in the report that your HR shot up and as a runner this worries me should I contract the virus. I’ve read anecdotal reports in slowtwitch (triathlon forum) about long term effects that have taken big chunks out of people’s fitness. One person said that they lost 2:00 min on their mile time. Seems to be rare but I’m just curious about your experience

@Serotonin101 i agree that our response has been very reactive and likely overblown. Perhaps if people had been more proactive in caring for their health (with eating right and exercising) we wouldn’t see this level of carnage from the virus

My fitness level wasn't really affected tbh, aside from a few weeks after recovery. I actually started running not long after the worst was over to try and help overcome the chronic insomnia it caused, so that might have helped things.

My fitness level wasn't really affected tbh, aside from a few weeks after recovery. I actually started running not long after the worst was over to try and help overcome the chronic insomnia it caused, so that might have helped things.
Glad to hear it worked out well for ya. The long term cardiovascular effects worried me most about this virus not the fever itself tbh