• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction My experience / data / report with I.V. Tianeptine.

jayjay12

Greenlighter
Ok: Obviously I'm not a scientist. But I had trouble gathering some of all this information about tianeptine NA and sort of wanted to just contribute my experience with it. Pick me apart as much as you want. But that's not the point.

I can confirm that Tianeptine (sodium, the common powder) has fully quelled my 1 1/2 year 10 grams a dayish kratom habit w/d symptoms. I also am an I.V. drug user and know the only safe way to I.V. tianeptine is to not go over 93 mg's per 1 cc, or else your solution becomes to viscous (I know polarities and isotonics are involved in its solulation, and if you try and make too strong a concentration it does indeed become a) glue like b) caustic to veins. It does not hurt to shoot but it is definitely for people w/ 5+ years I.V. experience because it's not one you want to miss. Ever. Reports of necrosis and advanced complications are mainly linked w/ silica gel in stablon tablets. That being said this shit will screw up your veins, and if not for the fact that I already had serious vein damage anyway, I wouldn't have gone for it.

The upside: Tolerance doesn't build that fast, at least coming from a low opiod habit like the kratom one I described. It's something you can binge / use to quiet something else for about a week max. And when 2-3 cc's worth of solution are I.V'd correctly it does induce a dilaudid like rush. And that's in someone who can fire 2 8 mgs dil's with no tolerance to say of (except for a decade of natural/mental tolerance build up/receptor damage) and not feel as high from 16 mgs IV dilaudid than i would 200 mgs Tianept. But it has a slightly, just ever so slightly "different" rush and feel than Dil. Essentially for me it was like taking a fresh drug in its own class I had never been exposed to. Although I know more about the extreme side of it's use because I'm pretty sure I was I'v'ing the first day. I could see how for someone not on the other side of quitting, someone early in their addiction, could get a hold of this and really fuck their shit up. Even abusing it orally would be unwise. Think like those crazy phenibut habits. Well the reason you find reports of people abusing tianept. like me is because for us, it seems to work, like every time. I've mixed it w/ coke and found it be amazing, basically a cheap ghetto speed ball if you will (w/ one half being legal and cheap). I mean, I'm a guy who's been to Ho Chi Min city and had serious heroin habits/ binges, I could get higher for 50 cents worth of tianept than 50 dollars of my citys street dope. But it's a novelty thing in those doses, not a long term replacement / subsistute.

Sub + Tian. I took a low dose of my one 8 mg sub im using for the detox from kratom/ tianept. about 3 days ago i took 2-3 mgs of sub/nalax (btw people in case u didnt already know nalax is non active, look it up), this is like 2 days into my tianept switch from Kratom. No interference no percepitated w/d. that being said i hadn't taken any sub in weeks and weeks so I would not use that report as evidence the combo is "ok".

Also as people say, potential for a terrible large habit from say, going through more than 10 grams in 2 weeks would just get expontially worse. The short Half life means frequent re-dosing, IV coke like pin pricking, but you're clear headed enough to not hurt yourself like IV coke. I can update to let everyone know what happens after a roughly 12-16 day 5 gram binge.

If anyone is considering IV'ng this send me a pm and I will send very important, explicit directions, because I think I've got it down on multiple fronts as far as HR. (still harmful as fuck, but pm me if you want HR, HR is HR, all HR is good.)

Last edited:
Thank you for that write up.

I've been very interested in it, but now that I'm on Methadone, I don't know if it's strong enough to enjoy without having to do ridiculous amounts to get there.

Are you noticing any profound depression now that you got on Suboxone and no longer, for the time being, use the Tianeptine?

I'm trying to convince my SO to get some for her depression. She's been really going through it, lately. She's not a drug addict and and is a good girl in that aspect. I'm not worried about addiction issues when it comes to her.

If used therapeutically, 12.5 mg three times/day, do you foresee any withdrawal issues? I'm not sure if you have used it at that dose level.

Used theraputically i beleive people dont exhibit dependence for at least 4 months. If you are planning to i.v you need to fire no more than 80 mgs in 1 cc , room temp water. Fire w/ turniquet on in a large vein. Slowly. Dont miss any. Id say tian is very very low risk for normal non-opiate addicted brains. I went through a 24 hour depression and switched back to kratom and after my 5 gram 10 day tian expirent ive found my kratom dose decreased by about 75%. I took a total of 8 mgs sub spaced in between these 10 days. So obviously no conrol on this study. But someday id like to see tian used in opiate maintenanced, somehow, by someone with more money and knowledge than i. I almost deleted this post, for some insane reason wanting to hoard this data. But i had trouble finding out abput the truth of i.v. Tian for opiate detox. So this is my addition to that knowledge. Vein damage = most likely unless under extreme control self will. As far your gf and tian as an antidepressant/ mood lift/ stabilizer. Google it, thats what tian was made for honestly.

Also my 2 cents: tianept is not a good match for an opiate addicted brain looking for a cheap thrill. It can be addictive to former addicts

this drug always interested me, when IV'd does it really match up to decent quality heroin? Is it stronger than oxycodone?

It doesnt match good quality H or oxy. IIRC hits the Delta, and kappa, receptor mainly, which influence how much of an analgesic effect will be made by tians mu- affinity. So without that big MU agonism we don't get the euphoria, however there is a seratoningetic (sp?)
effect I think because the rush will make you happy, excited, or stimulated, but it is by no means identical to traditional opiates. It's pretty darn close and will hold even the heaviest "oil burner" habit. Also there's an abstract floating around that in a primary care study Tian. dosed w/ morphine slowed tolerance and dependance to morphine.

Ok here's the real thing about tian. You are approaching this opiate type drug with no cross tolerances. You have 0 tolerance to tianeptine unless you've taken tianeptine. Understand? I just posted another comment if you look under my user name It has a whole paragraph about I.V. tian under the thread "What drugs can you only get rush IV from" In that post I list Dilaudid directly after because that is the most common agreed upon feeling from the veterans (me being one of them). I mention how I've shot so many D's they dont work like they used to, I wasn't kidding, 8mg D is 20 bucks where I live, I'd need 3 to even have a chance of catching a nod, for a rush I'd bang the best 16mg solution i could filter. Banging Tianept was like time traveling 8-9 years back before I was a daily opiate user. I was paying about .20 cents for a dose that might sometimes be as strong as an 8mg D.....If you plan on going through with it please read the post i mentioned earlier, I've gone to the E.R. from this binge but did learn some very specific HR for tian.

So just with my HR best I can 1 cc X ~ 80-100 mgs shots,(ph about 9-9.5 on these guys) The first one, you feel it in your bowls (I mean your rectum area, deep down there, a comforting feeling. (tian can actually be used to treat irritable bowl syndrom go figure) When you hit a 2nd, or 3rd shot ( you can't fit anymore tian than that in 1 cc, even if you don't care about HR and PH) You'll basically be reminded of dilaudid. Hydromorphone. In the 70s H and D were the opiates of the day. With pure powdered Dilaudid (dilaudid doses being like 8 mg a pill or less) being the holy grail of pharmaceutical legends. People died from the powder D as you can imagine. That was the 70s though, not as many regulations.

This rush can last from 5-25 minutes. This drug reacts strangely at times, and mixed w/ any benzos or gabagerics really puts it to the point where you have trouble steering your car...

The farthest it can go: All the way to death. I'm certain, mixed w/ benzos I had two four hour black outs in one night. This was the last heavy night of my Tian oddysey. A four hour black out, or "missing four hours" is a common occurence amongst the heavy opiate users. It is essentially over dosing and going into extreme respiratory depression where you shut down all brain function but your breathing until four hours later the opiates have worn off and you regain consciousness wherever you were when you passed out. Basically in a hospital setting they'd try to ambulate you or even intubate (get you standing, if that don't work shove a plastic pipe down your throat to keep your airway clear. I've awoken half frozen to my chair outside on my porch one cold night. Tianeptine is the only "opiate" that has been able to knock me out for four hours at a time, twice, back to back in the same night consecutively. That's 8 hours "missing" in one night/morning

Could definitley be used in a controlled environment for opiate detoxs and tapers

Last edited:
this drug always interested me, when IV'd does it really match up to decent quality heroin? Is it stronger than oxycodone?

No man I was the first one on this site to say back in 2010 I belive that it was an opioid before anyone knew it was because I was injecting coaxil and stablon tablets daily. It feels like an opiate but the euphoria or the rush is no way comparable to heroin or morhpine. I was only shooting it because one day heroin magiclly dissapred in the country of Georgia from being sold at every corner the new president wiped out all the dealers tapped phones and I was in w/d and that was the only way I could stop w/d and get high by shooting about 7-15 tabs 2-3 times a day but only did it for 2-3 weeks so I dont think I have done much damage as peope injected much more pills then me and are fine. I prefer even hydrocodone by far. It's better the tramadol and codeine though. Codeine's more euphoric but it's just really weak

My posts are way too long but yea basically what this guy says too. It's not quite an opiate, but has the potential to be much stronger than even a codeine and tram combo. But for someone w/ a high tolerance, like I was in a country where codeine and tram were available OTC and even using CWE I never caught anything from the ceiling doses of those close to what Tian gave me. The issue w/ tian is the short action. Which at the same time is also why in a primary care setting you could totally use it to detox people (under bizarre circumstances when other things wouldnt be feasible) Tianept has no cross tolerance it seemed in my experience. I was using the Tianept. sodium which makes it even more abusable.. not in a good way.

I find your posts to be very informative. I am very interested in use of this for withdrawal before rehabilitation can begin. No cross tolerance?. Wow.
But ,say your hooked on tianeptine what would help that withdrawal? Would kratom be needed or effective?
Please Pm me. I wrote to you earlier.
One last thing how bad is it if you miss the vein?

Thanks for all this great info jayjay! As well as the harm reduction tips.. This really interests me bc I bought some Stablon a few years back, and tho I only took it "as directed", it gave me a unique, light, anxiety-free feeling tho it only lasted a few hours. As someone struggling iv opiate urges, I think this could be useful for me to give another try.

Yeah, I find this all very interesting. Since my last posts I have tried tianeptine sodium, but since needles aren't as easy to get at pharmacy's here in ohio, I didn't experiment with it intravenously, only orally and rectally.

I have to say, it felt exactly like an opioid to me, somewhere between Buprenorphine and Oxycodone. At the time when I tried it I was using kratom, so I imagine my tolerance wasn't that high (all though I find it hard to believe at the same time that kratom is as weak as a lot of people make it out to be), and after using the tianeptine for a few days the kratom didn't seem to do much for me, which makes me believe that tianeptine definitely does act upon the opiate receptors. Even dosed orally or rectally (btw, rectal administration burns like a mother fucker), tianeptine has a super fast onset, and the first time I plugged a point or so, it got me really high, almost to the point of nodding out. Unfortunately, Tianeptine seems to have a shorter duration of action than kratom, so I can't really imagine it being all that good for tapering off of other opioids. However, it's a much cheaper replacement and it is very enjoyable.

First Impression

Only recently tried Tianeptine (sodium) orally, taken for 3 days consecutively, while on MMT, clonazepam & clonidine. Was a bit worried about the possible interaction with clonidine typical of other TCA like Mirtazepine which pharmacologically is an (NaSSA). With some reservations I tested (allergy test I suppose) the lowest dose which was 15mg. I noticed a difference with just that dose without the hypertension I feared & proceeded with another 20mg dose.

I should mention that while I am on MMT, I didn't take any methadone during these 3 days. I did however take other opioids during this period, with o-desomethyltramadol consisting the bulk part of my opioid use.

The 1st day with the exception of those 2 doses I proceeded to take about 3-4 doses of 30mg, I felt very good, reminiscent of methylone (bk-mdma) for those that haven't tried it, its quicker acting, shorter lasting chemical with effects almost identical to resembling mdma with the exception that it is extremely sedating (euphoric) so much so that you can even nod out on it, but the comedown is horrible that I've only done it 1-2 times. For the masses to understand however I'd compare it with a subtle MDMA, without the psychedelic qualities.

The 2nd day I dosed 30mg but I noticed the tolerance build up! IMO it has the same tolerance build up as psychedelics...that is to say its possible to trip 2 days in a row but 3 or 4 days is a bit pushing it! I believe it requires the same amount of time as psychedelics (1 week-2 weeks) to have tolerance reduced to zero and for its effects to be the same again, this assumption based on the 5-HT1A mechanism that psychedelics share in common. My doses were 40mg-50mg, which only produced more serotonin feelings rather than sedation. I increased them 50mg-60mg and could feel the sedative effects (esp in combination with benzos) but after 2-3hrs, they would linger off and I would feel the 'residual' serotonin effects (not necessarily unpleasant)!

The 3rd day I took 100mg-130mg dose in one go and it had some anti histamine effects that I noticed as part of the sedative period, the first 2-3hrs, but it never increased my appetite. It did give me the boost I needed when I took less than my normal dose of methadone. I then thought that I would either need to use my methadone (full dose 180mg) or just take 100mg doses - 200mg doses of tianeptine every 2-3hrs......needless to say I went with methadone! I don't think it would have been wise to use after the 3rd consecutive day if it was for the opioid effects since the increase in serotonin from the days previous would tip the pro & con scale toward the con side.

As far as maintenance goes - I really don't see how you can use such a short lasting (2-3hr) substance for getting off methadone or suboxone since the withdraw is an easy 1 week, will you be taking tianeptine in 100mg+ doses every 2-3hrs?

I was able to see it's potential for the psychological symptoms such as lack of motivation, depression & extreme inactivity (from curled up in bed to watching tv and/or not leaving the couch for days). Methadone gives me a big increase in energy (MMT) so when I don't have it, I don't even want to get out of bed b/c it feels like a monumental task to take a shower for example or to take the trash out. I was 3 days without methadone and the tianeptine I was taking in doses of 50mg-60mg, which I found to be the most effective after the 1st day's tolerance, the very 1st time I tried it, the ideal dose was 30mg-35mg even though I could feel a 15mg dose!

I felt an increase in energy that rivaled that of Tramadol easily, as well as an increase in motivation and focus. This increase in energy was enough to make me get up from the couch and start vacuuming (a Herculean task otherwise), washing the dishes, taking the trash out, etc. I was functional! This kind of energy I would have gotten maybe with Adderall (amphetamine) or Dexedrine (also, dextroamphetamine), but without the side effects.

I never took it in doses high than 130mg which was 1 time in the morning (4th day without methadone & 3rd day taking tianeptine) & I went to sleep after taking it, while another time I took 100mg at night (2nd day) and went to bed right after. I found doses of 50mg-60mg much more efficient than higher doses but mind you this is my first encounter with this drug!

p.s. I did some further reading as I don't believe in such thing as a perfect drug or a drug without side effect & sure enough many reports show that indifferent of method of administration (MOA), tianeptine is caustic! Who else can back up this claim?

Last edited:
so-having fucked up and trying this myself, I found this thread actually very helpful and informative. There's not a lot of information on IV Tianeptine, other than it does occur, so I thought I'd post my findings (which were originally going to go in TR), here in this thread. Tianeptine is one of the oddest opiod type drugs that I've ever IV'd-it feels similar to Mephedrone the first few seconds, accelerated heart beat etc, and then winds down into an opiate type buzz-though theres definitely some seretonergic activity as well. As far as cross-tolerance, there is definitely some, although maybe not as much as conventional opiates/opioids. It seemed after a few days of Tianeptine and returning to Buprenorphine, that my tolerance to the Bupe had dropped a little bit.

TIANEPTINE SODIUM EXPERIENCE (IV);
longterm IV user, inexperienced with Tianeptine

ROA:Intravenous

Dose: 100-300mg (estimation)

During a period of weakness, I slipped up, ordered myself some Tianeptine Sodium (5g) as well as some rigs. I’ve heard reports of Tianeptine for years; first on blue light years ago, before it became a popular nootropic in the states, and was known for it’s use as a recreational drug in Europe. Back then it was thought that Tianeptine had no known activity on MOR, and it was hypothesized that it’s main mechanism of action was through affecting seretonin as an SRA (Seretonin Releasing Agent).

Fast forward a few years, and suddenly Tianeptine seems to be quite popular in the states, and available through multiple nootropic sales sites. There seemed to be a lot of debate as to Tianeptines psychoactive properties relative to conventional opiates; some people claimed that it was comparable to heroin when injected, in terms of rush and high, and others argued that if there was any mu-agonism at all, it was very weak.

Before trying it for myself, I read multiple reports detailing users subjective accounts with the drug, and through this trip report I hope to clear up a few things for other people interested in trying Tianeptine, orally, rectally, or intravenously. Of course my report is subjective as well, but keep in mind I had previously been an IV heroin user (among other drugs) for ten years. I have used black tar heroin, and I have used a lot of ECP.

Going forward- I should also mention that I had been IV’ing roughly 2.5mg of Suboxone for a week prior to the Tianeptine use. I’m also going to break this TR down into two segments, discussing the rush, and then the high, from intravenous Tianeptine.

RUSH:
So, does Tianeptine compare to heroin or other opiates in terms of it’s rush when used intravenously? The short answer is ‘somewhat’, but to elaborate, I would argue that the rush, while different from Heroin, Hydromorphone or Oxymorphone, is definitely on par.

Shortly after injection, I experienced a surge of warmth through my body, as well as an excellerated heart-rate. The first ten seconds were slightly reminiscent of my experience with injecting Mephedrone. You get the signature chemical taste in the back of your throat and everything.

About 15 seconds in, this stimulant/seretonergic effect kind of slides into a feeling of deep relaxation and warmth, much like a conventional opiate. The closest comparison I can think of really, to describe the feeling would be a shot of heroin, with just a few shards of methamphetamine thrown into the mix. Now, unlike a goofball however, the stimulant effect wears off extremely fast, like I said, around the 15 second mark.

If you enjoy shooting stimulants as well as opiates, you’ll probably find IV Tianeptine to be one of the most fiendish chemicals known to man. I know I sure do.

HIGH:
Like Hydromorphone, Tianeptine has an incredibly short half life and duration of action, which is unfortunate, because it makes the drug more addictive. Like cocaine, for the first day, I found myself doing shot after shot, chasing that rush. Unlike Cocaine though, it seems I achieve the same rush every time I fix, regardless of how long I’ve waited between shots. After 24 hours, I managed to gain some restraint, as I could see myself easily going through this 5g jar in 48 hours.

Is it possible to nod of Tianeptine? Yes, it is, although it seems to require a lot, for me at least. Then again, it took a lot of heroin to get properly obliterated as well. In terms of strength, I would say Tianeptine is not a weak opioid. 50-75mg will give you a nice blast off. Though I haven’t shot dope in half a year, I cannot imagine that TIaneptine is that much weaker mg/mg.

HARM REDUCTION:

Now for the downside. A lot of people might think that since here in the USA we have access to Tianeptine powder (either sulfate or sodium), that it shouldn’t cause the vein destroying properties seen in European addicts shooting up Stablong tablets, and while I’m sure it’s far superior to shooting up the pills, Tianeptine (Sodium) powder, is really difficult on the veins. At first I was shooting it into my brachial, alternating arms, but within a day it started to turn to rubber, so I got some 5/8 tips with 3cc barrel and started using my femoral. Probably not a smart thing to do if you’ve never hit your Deep Fem. before, or if you’re not very good at it. Actually, it’s probably a terrible idea even if your a word class phlebotomist! Here’s the thing though, I’ve shot heroin for 10 years, so I don’t have many options left, only my brachial and Fem. and then a few scrawny veins that have come back on top of my toes that I won’t defile with Tianeptine as I’m sure it would instantly cause them to collapse.

The pros to using the groin is that a) it’s very easy to hit once you learn how, and b)it holds up for a very long time, provided that you take good care of it and use clean needles for every shot. I learned how to hit my groin before the brachial oddly enough, and had been hitting it for almost 2 years straight with no problem. I find that it’s helpful to move up and down and to alternate on both sides. If you're hitting lower, (where your thigh and groin converge, or even a little bit onto your thigh), you need to be even more careful though. The vein is way closer to the surface than it is higher up, and it’s also a lot easier to hit the artery. When I hit further down, I don’t use a 5/8 tip, but rather a 1/2” tip (granted I’m very, very thin, so this might not apply to all-I know some people that had to use 1” tips to get it, the idea of putting a needle that long straight into my groin terrifies me).

Anyway, since I’ve been using my groin with Tianeptine, I haven’t had any problems. I should add that I drink tons of water all day though, and in turn, my brachial has rejuvenated somewhat so I can alternate with that for some shots.

IN CONCLUSION:

I really don’t recommend anyone trying this. Like another poster said, when you IV this stuff, it’s totally a different experience from taking it orally or plugging it, regardless of it’s high oral BA. It’s incredibly addictive, and is hard on the veins. Again, like the OP said, if you don’t have a few years of IV experience under your belt, just steer clear. This stuff is incredibly caustic- I remember the first time I got tianeptine I didn’t have any rigs so I plugged it with an oral syringe and it set my asshole on fire. I cannot imagine what a miss would feel like.

Anyway, hope this helps contribute some more to those who are curious about this drug. I’ve done a bunch of searches and aside from Bluelight, there isn’t much useful information one can find about the effects of IV tianeptine.

Great report Znegative.

I also have experience with IVing Tianeptine.
The rush was enjoyable to me, but like Znegative posted; it's very fiendish.
I would need to re-dose every hour or so.
IVing reminded me of shooting Heroin but less intense and more speedy.
It was enjoyable but did leave a lot of my veins destroyed.
Personally, I would not suggest IVing this because of how caustic it is.

It's like the crack version of heroin, just like u-47700, it has no legs.

This shit was difficult to get loaded, didn't feel good in my veins, and was better swallowed in 2-3 gram doses with a little food on an empty stomach... Great rush!

Hello. Thank you for your post. Very useful information. I am seeking out that very important explicit directions for IV'ing tianeptine. And I don't want to mess my veins or myself up haha. Thank you.. chris. Also. I'm new to bluelight. I am hoping that i am using this correctly and this is a private message haha.

I IVd 1-2 gram daily for 2 weeks and the withdrawal was hell. 32mg of suboxone didnt eleminate the withdrawal. This is potent shit. I would do 250mg a shot which felt equal to 150mg of oxycodone. The rush is wicked good, very unique. This shit is like glue and VERY hard on your veins. Its fienish, like the crack of opioids def not worth it.