• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos My doctors trying to kill me... switching from klonopin to valium

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
I am on 1mg of klonopin/ day and have been for 4 months. I want off.

I've tapered off benzos before with diazepam, and know the deal...

I ask my psyche for diazepam instead of klonopin, so I can do the taper, and he gives me 5mgs.

He INSISTS that 5mg of diazepam is 1mg of clonazepam- whereas most charts online say it's more like 10-20mg.

So should I just give it a try- or do you think it would be smarter tapering with the klonopin? I'm scared to death to be thrown into a derealization acid trip from hell like I experienced last time I got off.

That's what my plan was- to call him in a couple days and either insist on getting back on the klonopin or upping to dose of valium. It blows my fucking mind that the man is so ignorant with such things- he's the head of some addiction and suboxone association in my state. And he's trying to tell me that 5mg of valium is 1mg of klonopin.... fucking idiot.

I feel really bad for his other patients who aren't as educated on the meds the man is prescribing him......i.e. like probably ripping someone off of effexor and putting them on 50mg zoloft and the poor fucker complaining of horrible anxiety and side effects from the withdrawal of rffexor (that the patient doesn't know he's suffering and the doctor doesn't take into account) and throws a benzo at him and maybe an antipsychotic as well- getting someone hooked on the psyche med merry-go-round from hell....

20 mg it is, some get by on 10 mg.

Can't you taper the Klonopin directly ?