• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe My current rapid taper off high dose H with bupe

Don't make the tea, I probably wasn't doing it right, but the tea never worked for me but I found that swallowing it (toss and wash) worked really well. If you don't have capsules parachute it in some tissue paper. I guarantee Kratom to be the best bet since you can't get suboxone right now.

I'll ha e to get some more know but I'll probably do that instead. If I can get a suboxone should I get the pill or the strip. To iv

Don't IV. I did it to stretch supply and ultimately found the half-life nowhere close to sublingual (dissolving under the tongue) or even snorting. They work perfectly sublingual, especially if you wait until you're in an unbearable state of WD. The strips dissolve faster and are easier to cut for tapering.

Also, precipitated withdrawal is much more likely with IV dosing, especially if you can't wait 36-48 hours.

No, that's not really possible. Anything other than committing to yourself now that you're done with dope for the foreseeable future, you're doomed to relapse, and quickly. Half life of dope is too short and it feels too good -- any resumption of use for any purpose will lead back to high dose daily IV use in short order.

I really want to stop and I am willing to be sick without it, it's just someone is trying to convince me you can ween yourself off

Yeah, they're either ignorant or invested in your failure. All due respect. It's a question that comes up often among junkies trying to have it both ways, and the general consensus is that it's just not possible.

Dick, please keep posting to this thread. It's been an inspiring read. I'm on day 2 off a low/moderate dope habit. These past two kicks I've used loperamide for the first day or two and then induced bupe. It is so true that waiting as long as you can to dose the bupe really is key.

No, that's not really possible. Anything other than committing to yourself now that you're done with dope for the foreseeable future, you're doomed to relapse, and quickly. Half life of dope is too short and it feels too good -- any resumption of use for any purpose will lead back to high dose daily IV use in short order.

Yea my stupid ex girlfriend tried this once. she said she'd buy me some amphetamines if I condoned such an idea, so, selfless man I am, I told her to try what she felt would work best, then she got high on heroin and I got high on heroin and amphetamines. A year later we lost our appartment and embarked on a two year treacherous journey of homelessness, every strain of hepatitis c and IV meth conjoined with heroin use (and an occasional 3-6 month crack bender twice a year, fads come and go and I do prefer the speed)

Dick, please keep posting to this thread. It's been an inspiring read. I'm on day 2 off a low/moderate dope habit. These past two kicks I've used loperamide for the first day or two and then induced bupe. It is so true that waiting as long as you can to dose the bupe really is key.

Well how's this for inspiring -- at hour 125, when I went to get a fresh rig for my final .15 mg bupe shot and found half a bag of very good dope I'd accused my friend of losing months ago. I was really committed to the plan, but I just couldn't bring myself to flush it. So obviously I banged it and got a good rush, no nod really but still, felt very good. I felt guilty but when I think about it rationally, the fact that 1/15th or less of my usual daily dose got me well for 12+ hours after 5 days of careful tapering does seem fairly harmless. I'm gonna try to wait out the day and only use my last .15 mg bupe tomorrow morning or 40 + hours past the half bag shot and have that be it for the taper. Surely any discomfort that presents itself at that point will be minor. I've noticed that at this moment 14+ hours after that small dose of H, I don't feel much worse than I did yesterday, but the constant yawning/sneezing/watery eyes are all there, so I advise anyone who similarly stumbles upon a heavy cotton or small bag while detoxing -- just flush it before your brain can rationalize it as part of your taper. The half life is too short and we're too mentally susceptible to its charm for it to be anything other than a mind fuck and a setback, however minor.

I respect your honesty. I know I would have done the same thing. Please stick with your plan to stay off the gear though. I'm rooting for you.

I feel like, in the wake of this perceived slip and with no bupe in my system anymore, today is the true hump day. It certainly feels like it at least, so I decided to use my adderall in three separate 7 mg doses to get me through it without succumbing to plots of scoring and such. By tomorrow, like I said, I'll be more than 40 hours removed from the half bag shot and everything should be on the upswing.

Using baking soda to potentiate, I'm now anxiously waiting for the adderall to kick in so I can hopefully begin doing something other than sitting here nervously bored. For anyone who's made it through the first 4-5 days of heavy acute dope WD, how did you cope with this period of boredom and anxiety? Remember, go to the gym, hang out with friends, stay busy at work aren't viable options for me at the moment because my addiction took from me the capabilities required and only in getting through these next few days will I be back on track to regain them.

^^^How did yesterday go after taking the addies? I know that the soul crushing boredom right after the acute wd phase has taken me back out several times. I am not from the city but I've lived here in Philly for several years now, and during the post-acute bored as all hell phase, I just take really long walks around the city. It helps distract me a bit. I know that sitting at home NEVER works for me, so I just get out and move as much as I can.

If the attempt to get clean does not work out you may want to think about a slower Suboxone taper under the care of a doctor or some type of treatment program.

If the attempt to get clean does not work out you may want to think about a slower Suboxone taper under the care of a doctor or some type of treatment program.

I have a strong feeling OP will succeed despite any setbacks. He has everything it takes...strong will and self control, a rock-bottom environment that forces your hand into changing, etc.

Wouldn't taking the bupe just create more withdrawal symptoms? If you have gone 48 hours, and then IV some more - doesn't that take you back to square one? If not, why?

Would it be advisable to do this rapid taper with morphine? Waiting until symptoms become unbearable and then IV a tiny amount to take the edge off until you've gone 5 or so days?

^no because buprenorphine and morphine are metabolized differently, especially when one drug is being administered IV and the other is SL, not to mention the difference in half life's, Morphines is what 6-10 hours (similar to heroin I know), and Buprenorphine is 36 hours, allowing for a more gradual decrease in blood concentration of the drug, basically, it lets you down softer. (if done right)

Bump...
Wish the OP would follow up, I stumbled on this yesterday while researching induction to bupe. I noticed he wrote a somewhat similar post in June of last year (8 months ago, approximately) and he had a lot of the same positive ideas and mindsets to succeed after he finished his detox, but seems it didn't happen. And at that point he still had plenty of possessions and a decent life, but just a drug habit, now he seems to have liquified it all away...in 8 months?!?

Just shows how quickly the stuff can suck you in and how hard it is to get out, even with the most positive state of mind and all the right tools, it's hard. He seemed to be a in a much better position for success 8 months ago, still had all the things that made him happy(or you could say he's better now, at rock bottom w/ no money to cop, but anyone who's relapsed enough knows a few paychecks can suck you right back in). Now they're gone so it'll be hard to suck it up during PAWS with little to not feel miserable about.

I praise his positive demeanor, but I will say this, once you get through the acute w/d there is always that ray of hope that seems to shine, right around the time he posted this, around the 3-7 days after you get out of acute w/d. But, then the real PAWS starts to kick in, you can't live off the success of conquering the w/d and you quickly forget how difficult it was to get off the damn stuff.

IDK what happened to the guy after this detox(hopefully he got it back together, would PM but he's a greenlighter still so guess I can't) and how many times he's detoxed or at least tried, but I'd say if he failed again you have to think of using some type of Sub maintenance, preferably short term and starting on a low dose, then tapering relatively fast (like over 6-10 weeks). I believe there may be studies(sorry I'm kind of lazy ATM or I'd research it) and definitely anecdotal info/opinions seem to lean towards that as the best use. While research is great, it's always different strokes for diff folks, so the best way to use Subs is what works best for you. But, if you keep using the same method and it inevitably results in relapse back to your DOC, then it's time to make a new game plan.