• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My clinic don't like going above 70mg

Hezman94

Bluelighter
And everyone there will uses I was only a binger and I'm hoping 80mg gonna last all day I have just come off 40 mg oxy to 240mg dihydrocodeiene whilst on 70mg methadone so hoping this ten mg will cover that as I was tempted to use but had pain killers instead had to lie to clinic and say I been injecting one bag a day yet the amount of tramadol and morphien they weren't interested methadone is only for heroin withdrawal no no it is not this is why I never got any help cos I had to lie and say I as taking everyday but Its also stopped me doing crack cocaine

It is but I was on oxy forty mg when already on seventy mg so I dropped to 240mg sdihudrocodeine which is equivalent to ten to twenty mg oxy. I've had withdrawals bad and not been holding me since so it's been put up. Should this cover the withdrawal I'm getting from switching toa. Weak opiate

Will extra ten mg methadone finally hodl me if not taking gear not even as treats not buying oxys worst I've done is tramadol. I dropped from forty mg oxy to 240 dihydrocodeiene whilst on seventy then it stopped holding me will this ten mg extra help I am not reducing my dihydrocodeiene ant time soon

If you were to go to 80 you should be able to reduce the codeine. The goal is to stop the other opiates right? It may be slightly uncomfortable but not too bad. I was a hardcore heroin addict and never went over 50mg myself when I was on methadone. 80 should be sufficient.

Try not to chase the high. This is about stabilization. I still used when I started methadone myself but I got off of everything eventually. Then even later I quit methadone too after several reductions.

If your clinic is like mine was, youre not getting carries yet due to the other use. Theyre a lifesaver man, when youve got most or all your carries you can actually move around and live life a little. Liquid handcuffs arent as tight.

Actually you are lucky. In many countries you won't even get suboxone for such WD

So you don’t have a habit. You just binge... and decided to go to a clinic to take methadone everyday, to prevent you from using... but still want to use dihydrocodeiene everyday? Am I following correctly?

this is why I never got any help cos I had to lie and say I as taking everyday

Perhaps because in their eyes, they can’t see WHY you would want to take a strong, long lasting opiate everyday- when you weren’t even using opiates everyday to begin with.

Last edited:
I take it as he is already on 70mg for some time. And occasionally will binge on stuff and scared 70mg won't hold him.

We are all confused OP.

Actually you are lucky. In many countries you won't even get suboxone for such WD

The USA clinic system is so broken, you can get on methadone without even having done a single drug in your life. You simply walk in, pay their price, and they will dose you. I guess that is helpful for true heroin addicts that need to get out of active addiction immediately. But allows too many into the program that really don't need it. Its all about the money and business model here. Clinic will take an 18 year old and turn him into a lifer as he will follow the same program as all. Push your dose to a blocking dose, and the years pass.

The USA clinic system is so broken, you can get on methadone without even having done a single drug in your life. You simply walk in, pay their price, and they will dose you. I guess that is helpful for true heroin addicts that need to get out of active addiction immediately. But allows too many into the program that really don't need it. Its all about the money and business model here. Clinic will take an 18 year old and turn him into a lifer as he will follow the same program as all. Push your dose to a blocking dose, and the years pass.

Who even wants methadone except people going through H/fent WD ? It has such low recreational value.

Broken system is when you come to clinic and they will give you trazodone and send you home and tell you when you can come next time (few weeks) in case you relapse after finishing "program". Next step is 2 weeks at clinic and you will get 10mg of valium in morning and 10mg in evening and 300mg of tiapride a day. If you relapse again, then you will finally get bupe 7x8mg for whole month (only for H addicts). So basically nobody goes there (except people that want lifetime supply of cheap bupe) and everybody who is hardcore addict goes on meth binge to get through worst part of WD (+ Imodium, painkillers and benzos).

This is the best idea ever. But I'm sure it would ruin my entire life. I'm not actually going to do it. But I would enjoy the experience.

What are you going to do when the methadone stops working? Pushing the dose higher and higher can't escape tolerance reaching up to you. I'm not sure if there's an opiate stronger than methadone. At least there's nowhere to go higher than methadone imo.

You literally cannot get into a clinic where I’m at now. They aren’t taking ANY patients. None.

Its commonly a scummy business, but looks like their is business opportunity. Fire a clinic up Knife.

Generic methadone, from Walgreens 5+ years ago, cost me under 16 US$ for month supply at 80mg per day. That's retail. Average methadone clinic worker probably makes about 10 per hour. An addiction approved physician, insurance and an office. With the utterly horseshit crazy prices many places charge addicts, or used to, I would think clinics they do quite well. Get your meds for free too.

Just my two cents is stay under 40mgpd on methadone, take a high quality multivitamin and max vitamin D supplement daily while on methadone. If your insurance covers it see an Endocrinologist twice a year.

Last edited:
my doctor refuses to go above 100 mg a day. im only above that as i was "grandfathered in" as it were as she took over the patients of my old doctor. she says anyone who says they need more then 100 mg is a liar. Also she refuses to give me carries even though i pass my drug tests every single week except for clonazepam i am prescribed and would likely seizure without.....

At some point, you gotta be able to tolerate the unpleasantness of the first stage of withdrawal. I was able to go two years of daily H snorting without increasing my dose. And I attribute that to being able to withstand the first few hours of withdrawal. Feeling warm, the unpleasant tingles in the nerve endings, other "phase 1" beginnings of withdrawal. I'm not bragging or anything, just tryin to help out anyone who may stumble across my post in the future. If you inadvertently train yourself that you never want to feel even the slightest bit of unpleasantness whatsoever, you're going to skyrocket your tolerance. If you're always chasing a major high or buzz, or stacking doses on top of one another, you're gonna skyrocket your tolerance. Again, i'm not tryin to be holier than thou or judgemental. I'm really not. I just truly believe that, if you can put up with a little early stage withdrawal without stressin out too much, it can go a loooong way in keeping your tolerance down. S'all I'm sayin.

Is the clinic issue due to covid not taking patients? Can totally see that and why I jumped off. It was getting sketchy there. Enough to scare me to rely on them for my well being.

But pre covid march lockdown clinics were taking people at least here for sure.

This is the best idea ever. But I'm sure it would ruin my entire life. I'm not actually going to do it. But I would enjoy the experience.

What are you going to do when the methadone stops working? Pushing the dose higher and higher can't escape tolerance reaching up to you. I'm not sure if there's an opiate stronger than methadone. At least there's nowhere to go higher than methadone imo.

Correct. You will live in hell no matter how much methadone there is after some time. AND deal with power hungry assholes trying to pull you down.

And yes, you will only make $10 an hour while on methadone. How can you work and be productive on that stuff? It will pull you down eventually. Methadone did save me so many times. Maybe from death or jail. But also pulled me down at times I was moving up due to being trapped into a system. No way out aside to suffer your fate. Done it too many times, perhaps covid and world collapse scared the dope fiend out of me. Drove doordash soooo many times right through spots in the last months and didn't even think. Only think of the past and how stupid I was.

Wow. I actually didn't know that. When I first got on methadone they drug tested me and waited for proper lab results (as opposed to a strip test) before they'd dose me. Presumably to prevent exactly this kinda thing.

Frankly the US methadone system seems crazy. I don't love everything about Australia or Australian culture, but I can't deny that I feel extremely fortunate to live here as far as health care goes.