• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

My cat's sick or something

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
She was acting nauseous last night and spit up twice... Looked more like spit than vomit. Today I haven't seen her spit up but her meow is all hoarse still. Should I be worried? She was rolling around on the floor a while ago playing. I think she's still acting a little nauseous or something tho.

Oh... She seems to be eating and drinking.

Is she an indoor outdoor kitty? My cat eats grass if his tummy isn't well. If she is eating and drinking she should be okay. She may have had a difficult hair ball. My grandma used to give our kitties castor oil or butter to help the hairballs come up and to soothe their throat.

Is she an indoor outdoor kitty? My cat eats grass if his tummy isn't well. If she is eating and drinking she should be okay. She may have had a difficult hair ball. My grandma used to give our kitties castor oil or butter to help the hairballs come up and to soothe their throat.

Indoor/outdoor... I thought it was a hairball and was praying she didn't get backed up (cost me 500 dollars last time), but she hasn't coughed anything up AFAIK and she's eating drinking and pooing/peeing so I still don't know. Then I thought she might have something stuck in her throat, but I don't think she'd be eating if that was the case. I'm just keeping an eye on her for now, thx for the response.

my cat died this year, he was coughing/puking a little, still ate/drank. had racing heart, inability to walk (appeared drunk) and died due to alpha-latrotoxin poisoning.

sad thing is you have to race them to the vet right away and if you don't they are probably going to die, I hope this isn't the case for your cat man, best of luck <3

Sorry about your cat Captain....
My cat pukes spit often, for what is worth....
You can buy little trays that you just water and will grow some grass that cats dig, but if she doesn't have a fever and she's eating and pooping she will probably be ok soon.
Check for motor coordination issues like she misses a jump or a landing....

Hmm, some cats act funny to milk (not that often but it can be a bleedy needle for little kitties too). I have two cats myself, one its a black and white mutt but so cute it has a little black spot on her mouth and the other one a birmanese male, both old and I remember when I tried to give him milk my girl told me that he keeps throwin up. You could also try givin him some herbs, ask the vet. A month control its worth, if you love them.

Cats are not supposed to drink cow milk or any milk, they are lactose intolerant.
Unsweetened unflavoured yoghurt is fine.
Cats are exclusive carnivores, they eat grass for puking up when they need to.