• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin My Achilles heel, missed shot in ankle vein

AchillesLastStand

Greenlighter
Good evening sweet bluelight world.
I'm a long time reader of bluelight, it has served me well in many capacities, harm reduction for sure, entertainment, and knowledge.
So it was high time I registered.
Here is my situation now. I stopped bupe about a year ago to bang tar for a month while on a job that pays me fantastically and has amazing dope available to me right next door to my residence. After that month of bliss, I started daily poppy pod tea. It's been a great decision. The tea, for me, has been the best maintenance opiate ever. I found it easy to taper to less than 4 medium pods a day (1 1/3 tablespoons of fine pod powder) three times a day and pretty much stayed there.
Now I'm back at this job. I got some tar that was this really shinny, translucent type, decent, but not amazing. I was smoking it, but it killed my throat, perhaps to excess sugar in the cut, but idk, the dope seems particularly caustic. So I, of course, wanted to try banging it.
Although I have good iv technique, it still leaves undesirable marks on the arms (my veins aren't the greatest).
So I tried shooting in the vein around the medial side of my ankle, party the reason for my avatar name, and it didn't go well. I registered fine, pushed slowly, but the dope shot out of the vein and about half way through a .5 mL shot, using about .2g, and I missed pretty badly. It burned like fuck, I had a pretty wicked histamine reaction, and it was swollen a bit for a few hours. Now it's sore to walk. There isn't any visible trauma.
My question is many fold I guess; is my ankle going to be ok? Where is a good vein that I can use that isn't so visible (long sleeves aren't an option)? I welcome any comments about my situation in general.
I'm excited to be part of this great community.
Looking forward to getting to know you fine ladies and gentlemen.

How long has it been since this has happened?
What does the site of injection look like in general

I find for me these are the best sites for IV: My wrist/hand ( follow your thumb bone up to where it hits ur Pointer bone. now in the soft spot that is to the LEFT of the pointer / thumb bone... feel it it is soft. There is a huge vein in there (atleast for me) that I can register in.
2. Knuckles

Thanks for the reply.
The site has a small blotchy reddish circle a little below the missed injection site with a normal skin color, white for me, coloring inside that circle. It's sore to the touch. But it isn't swollen. I can't see that vein anymore though.
I've been able to hit without missing in the back of my hand, that vein that following up the wrist from the thumb around to the top of the forearm without any noteworthy marks.

Thanks for the reply.
The site has a small blotchy reddish circle a little below the missed injection site with a normal skin color, white for me, coloring inside that circle. It's sore to the touch. But it isn't swollen. I can't see that vein anymore though.
I've been able to hit without missing in the back of my hand, that vein that following up the wrist from the thumb around to the top of the forearm without any noteworthy marks.

exactly, IDK why but that vein your talking about doesnt leave any marks... I think its because the skin is a tad bit more rough there... If you can say the pain in your heel is going away then you should be good. I wouldnt try that area again. If the pain is getting worse or not getting any better after 3-5 days of the incident you might need to go to a dr