• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin My 2nd heroin detox(hopefully my last)

Mikey-boy

Greenlighter
Here's a little background: have been a bluight lurker for years on years and have learned so much. im 23 I've been using drugs since I was 16 years old. Started with the first time I ever drank alcohol. Ever since I've done every drug in th book. From the hardest of narcotics to the most skeptical RC psychedelics and uppers. After a huge binge on cocaine and meth I started using opiates to help come off the uppers. I always remembered when I would take hydros when I was in highschool and feel soo good!!! Well sooner or later I got caught up with heroin and used daily .3-.5 of potent black tar heroin intranasally. I came off this habit using loperamide.
Now fast foward after a year of being completely clean I slowly relapsed and began iv'ing my heroin. This time I've been using for 8 months daily with 3 of those months of exclusively IV -.5 to a gram daily. I've finally gotten sick and tired. Of being sick and tired. (Pretty sure everyone hits this point in addiction) I did a fast 4 say taper off .5 a day IV to about .1-.15 a day. I most say even though it's a short taper it has helped a lot. Way better than waking up after doing a gram to the face the day before.
I have some detox meds but not much. I currently have lope, about 400mg of codiene, 20mg methadone,300mg lyrica, 1 2mg xanax bar, and 1 8mg suboxone strip.
It has currently been 30 hrs since last 50mg heroin shot. Started to withdraw at about the 10 hr mark. Took the 20mg methadone about 20hrs ago and feel better than I thought I would be. Expected to wake up this morning jonesing hard. So I took 20 mg lope as I was kinda chilly goosebumps this morning and they have now subsided.
How long should I wait to take my suboxone? I almost feel that I could make it without the suboxone and just use the codeine for when it gets bad at about 48hrs after the methadone. Not quite sure on how I should complete my detox and would love to hear yalls advice and stories. Talking about it seems to help me even more than taking these meds. I truly believe good support is vital to recovery!! I'm looking foward to hearing from yall.

Mikey-boy

Sorry tried posting this in OD but using mobile and cannot make a thread prefix!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly codeine will most likely not do shit after taking methadone. I would really try to just rough it out, you can't take the suboxone right away because of methadones long half life. If you could do it all over I would have said use the suboxone instead of the methadone, or use small dosages of the 'done if you still had trouble after doing a sub taper. If you had some clonodine and a bit more lyrica and xanax I imagine that you'd be able to sleep off the worst of the withdrawals. IF you have problems getting clonodine, then go to a hospital and say that you're detoxing from alcohol or benzos and they'll hook you up, but mention that clonodine has helped you in the past. Don't say that you're withdrawing from opiates, as opiate withdrawal isn't really fatal so they won't do anything for you, but if a detox can be deadly they have to by law treat you-people do this in jail too.

But, at the same time if you have a psychiatrist you could probably convince him into prescribing you clonodine and gabapentin, both are relatively harmless drugs that aren't known by the medical community to have much recreational value (well gabapentin maybe a little bit but it's not a controlled substance).

Thanks for the reply Znegative. Talking myself down with others makes this detox soonmuch easier.
I was thinking skip the methadone too but I was seriously struggling to not shoot up even after my quick taper ( I did not slip up though and take my regular dose which im proud of) though it helped me get over the fact that I'm not gonna be getting high again so I dosed the methadone first since it's still a full agonist before going on the bupe. In 3 hours it will be 24 hrs since my last full agonist dose which was 20mg methadone and 34 hrs after my last 50mg shot. I only weigh 130lbs and have a very fast metabolism. I feel as though I've got about 5-10 mg left in my system as im in slight withdrawals all day.
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see if I'll dose the bupe, if I even really need it. I'm in a very good mindset today and have little to no cravings. But I have been doing some excersize and loading up with vitamins and supplements. Tomorrow will be the true test to see where my dependance and tolerance is at.
I've heard great things about clonidine but I'm afraid to go through my doctor as I've already have a past with narcotic addiction and don't want to be discriminated against. I'm not a fucking dirty as junk living homeless on the streets. I'm well educated and not a moron.... I just hate the looks and feelings I'll get if I go and get professional help but I guess I can only blame myself for that. I did it without help my first time I can do it again!!!

Mikey-boy

yeah you can do it bro. I know you didn't mean it this way but I just wanted to point out that there's a good amount of people living on the street shooting dope that are very intelligent as well. Addiction can bring you to a rather dismal place, I consider myself to be a relatively intelligent and informed guy but I lived like a piece of trash for quite a while, it got so bad that people on the street literally wouldn't tell me the time of day.

Anyway your plan sounds solid, it seems like you've got a good attitude about the whole thing which is really very important, without that people barely stand a chance, even with a good attitude it's incredibly hard. You could always also look into kratom, if things get real hard. The other reason why I thought taking the Bupe first would have been a better idea in hindsight, is because although it's just a partial agonist, it's a very strong one-stronger then 20mg of methadone (more like 30-40mg) at the dosage at which it produces peak opioid effects (probably somewhere between 4-16mg without it being built up in your system), so keep that in mind. After 48-72 hours, or whenever you're going to take the suboxone (if you do), try to take as little as possible. Start with 1mg dosages and see what that does for you. You probably know this stuff, but I'm just saying it in case you don't or in case it's helpful for anyone else reading this.

Also, clonodine is prescribed off label often for a number of things like insomnia, anxiety, even ADD. If the withdrawals get bad you could also just go to the hospital and not say anything about withdrawals and have them check your blood pressure and they would probably give you clonodine.

I will admit I did get to that same point as well living in filth but enough is enough. I'm sorry if that came off the wrong way I don't want to sound arrogant because I have been through it myself. I was just saying in my current situation right now im not without a home which I thank god everyday for. I've been without and know what it's like and I can never go back.
dang it now that I think about it bupe is of course stronger.... Duhhhh it's 8mg pills for Christ sake. Oh well idk why for some reason I thought full agonist would calm my cravings more and it has. Coming up on 24 hrs since I dosed the methadone and in slight withdrawal still. I hope tomorrow morning if it's bad enough I can take the suboxone and hoping I'll only require 1-2 mg. picked up some RLS otc medication bc I know it's coming and got 1 more bottle of 72 ct loperamide.
Crazy how loperamide works(well at least it works for me). But still keeping in mind I can get PWD from the lope as well. Seriously saving this suboxone for like dire need situation.

Again I apologize as I didn't mean to offend anyone with the homeless rant. I've been there as well.... It's sooo crazy how addiction doesn't discriminiate. It can take the strongest individuals and wither them to nothing it's insane. I would have never thought I would have ended up the way it has. It's sooo hard to wake up from the dream that addiction creates. Like a blanket over your eyes, a snake in the grass.
Since being addicted I've seriously thought about career in addiction and helping others. I feel like it could be the difference from surviving or ending up in the morgue cooler with a toe tag.

Forgot to add. I've tried kratom before but it did not help at all 7-9g dosed of different strains and vendors. It made me sweat more that's for sure. But I figure at the time I was taking it (trying to bridge the gap till I score again) my tolerance was just too high for it to have an effect. Hmm maybe grab a few ounces and try it again possible after I've taken the suboxone, if I take it.

I've been thru 3! Longer you are on it the harder the WD. I use Clnidine for the hot colds and for the sweats, valium or xan bars for sleep and Adderall after about a week to get back on your feet.

That's a great idea, as long as you're clean too!! I'm starting a website to help those in need myself, cause I've been thru black W/D 3 times!!shorter u do it the easier the WD is. I use Clonidine 3 times a day, xan bars, and then Adderal 30's after about a week to help you get back on your feet. This is my personal opinion, take it or leave it, but it's worked 3 times for me. Can try Dr Erickson in Bountiful, hell give u a little Suboxone to get your mental state right for about a month, then use those meds to quit! You can do it!!

That's an awesome idea! As long as long as your clean! I'm starting a self help website for addicts, and helping people get clean is an amazing feeling!! I say go for it, as long as your clean too and stay strong!

From experience, I was on sub for 1-2 month, if u can get down to the 2mg films, split those to 1mg or .5mg, then get clonidine, valium or Xanax, and Adderall for week 2, you can do it man! I've done it 3 times... Dr Erickson in Bountiful is a great doctor and will give u basically anything u need! Good luck!! Keep me posted!

Honestly codeine will most likely not do shit after taking methadone. I would really try to just rough it out, you can't take the suboxone right away because of methadones long half life. If you could do it all over I would have said use the suboxone instead of the methadone, or use small dosages of the 'done if you still had trouble after doing a sub taper. If you had some clonodine and a bit more lyrica and xanax I imagine that you'd be able to sleep off the worst of the withdrawals. IF you have problems getting clonodine, then go to a hospital and say that you're detoxing from alcohol or benzos and they'll hook you up, but mention that clonodine has helped you in the past. Don't say that you're withdrawing from opiates, as opiate withdrawal isn't really fatal so they won't do anything for you, but if a detox can be deadly they have to by law treat you-people do this in jail too.

But, at the same time if you have a psychiatrist you could probably convince him into prescribing you clonodine and gabapentin, both are relatively harmless drugs that aren't known by the medical community to have much recreational value (well gabapentin maybe a little bit but it's not a controlled substance).

Agreed!! Clonidine help sweats restlessness and sleep sometimes. If u can also get xanex or valium your set. Then Adderall for week 2 to get you back up and going! Hope this helps! Good luck! Keep me posted!

Just wanted to add if you take over 200mg (more or less depending on the person) you NEED to premed with Benedryl or reactine, because of the histimine release! I forgot and had 4 T4 the other night and I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman bursting into WM scratching every part of my body at once running full tilt towards the drug section. Cracked open the antihistamine and swallowed it then and there before paying. I'm sure security was watching me closely as I was acting really weird. That was absolutely awful.

Appreciate the replys you all!! Here's an update: still have not used. 38 hrs since last full agonist (20mg methadone)! 48 hrs since last shot. Woke up about an hour ago and still feeling about the same intensity of WD like yesterday. Very mild and doable. Thinking I'll skip loperamide today as I've build up about 40mg in my system along with the methadone. At least I didn't wake up craving for a hit. (Usually waking up is a trigger for me)
Last night I took 300mg lyrica and 1mg xanax mixed with some high grade cannabis and slept better than I have all week!!!!
What meds I have left: subutex 2mg/8mg, 72ct loperamide, 1mg Xanax (Gonna try to get another), 400mg codeine, got some valerian root and RLS meds, supplements and vitamins.
Loading up on vitamins while tapering really helps your body repair itself and would recommend it to anyone trying to detox it makes the world of difference. You won't feel it the first or second day but once you build it up it really helps with your mood and symptoms.
I'm super confident once again today. I'll see how I feel at 48hrs and judge whether I more symptoms or not. Probably going to reduce or skip my loperamide today!
It's really weird that the only time I crave is when I see my veins popping out of my arms after excersize it's really strange. Then I tell myself da fuq man stop thinking about it!!!! Hahah

I'll keep that in mind bliss. But honestly i was only gonna take about 90mg codeine at a time. Which would give me about a 3 day supply. Probably use this in a few days near the very end of needed.
Very surprised on how well the methadone+loperamide has held me so far. Let's see how bad it will be??

Cu88in, thanks for your reply! I really would rather not try to stay on suboxone and I only have 1 strip. I obtained it illegally, they are quite pricey compared to methadone street price here in South Texas. Your right kratom really has never helped me at all!!
I just don't wanna stay on it for a month because I know the WD from that will be similiar to Loperamide(which I WD from for a month bc I took it too long)
And yes I'm not completely clean yet but on my way to victory I can feel it!

Update everyone!
Still going strong. 72 hrs since last shot and at 6pm today will be 72 hrs since the methadone. I've stopped my usage of loperamide and have about the same intensity mild WD that I've been experiencing the whole time. And I still haven't taken my Suboxone!!!!!! This is almost unbelievable to me????