• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin My “dealer” tricking me with fenti?

I guess if your the type of user that just wants to lay around in a nod all day with very little euphoria, it would be nice to pay a lot less that creates less anxiety...

But let’s put it this way folks, I used to be able to get pharmaceutical fentanyl for free or nearly free when I was an opiate addict and wouldn’t use it unless I was really really bad off. And even then sometimes I wouldn’t use it.

Codeine and hydrocodone are infinitely better. I’d rather have a light codeine high barely taking away my WD over a nod dose of fent.

I think this all comes down to what type of user are you. Are you someone that goes for that heavy nod or are you someone trying to medicate a problem? I was/am someone trying to medicate a problem, I’d onky use the lowest doses I could that would still work to stretch the product as well as maintain a sense of normalcy.

I remember when fent dope slowly started seeping into the pipeline and even “properly” made product sucks. It’s just once you get used to it, unwillingly, you have to keep using it.

And Deru I believe we may originate from the same area...

-GC

That's how I was too, @G_Chem , until I couldn't manage my addiction anymore. I, too, used opioids to self medicate and live my normal life, I made it 8 years before I just couldn't hold my career, family and addiction together anymore. I was being pulled in way too many directions. Actually, for years I did only oxycodone, refusing to even touch heroin. Unfortunately, at some point, the addiction overtook. But you make very valid points for those of us who used oxycodone/diacetylmorphine to self medicate and still function in society, it was just so hard to maintain in unregulated markets. I was spending close to $80,000 on oxycodone per year (after OP came out and the market went insane, this is the point I wish I just admitted I had a problem to my wife and company) , I just couldn't keep it up and I kept going further and further into debt, hiding it from my family the whole time.

I use it to self medicate but as I have GAD I want to forget everything and nod, escape you know but I never nod as can't find anything decent enough

But yeah I try and escape my own thoughts and anxiety with drugs, self medication to cope with life

That's how I was too, @G_Chem , until I couldn't manage my addiction anymore. I, too, used opioids to self medicate and live my normal life, I made it 8 years before I just couldn't hold my career, family and addiction together anymore. I was being pulled in way too many directions. Actually, for years I did only oxycodone, refusing to even touch heroin. Unfortunately, at some point, the addiction overtook. But you make very valid points for those of us who used oxycodone/diacetylmorphine to self medicate and still function in society, it was just so hard to maintain in unregulated markets. I was spending close to $80,000 on oxycodone per year (after OP came out and the market went insane, this is the point I wish I just admitted I had a problem to my wife and company) , I just couldn't keep it up and I kept going further and further into debt, hiding it from my family the whole time.

Ah alright you make some good points as well, I don’t have a family to care for either.

Have you ever done maintenance? I mean now it might be hard, but back then? I’m grateful I got on Sub right before fent got worse otherwise I’d probably never been able to.

-GC

Ah alright you make some good points as well, I don’t have a family to care for either.

Have you ever done maintenance? I mean now it might be hard, but back then? I’m grateful I got on Sub right before fent got worse otherwise I’d probably never been able to.

-GC

Yes, that's an incredibly complex answer. To keep it short, I was on buprenorphine for 11 years as well. I've been clean from buprenorphine for 3 years, heroin for 3 years, and I relapsed twice for brief periods of times since I got clean at which point only fentanyl was available. Currently, no illicit opioids for me (I'm on prescribed pain medication for my health issues, though, but no where near recreational amounts) I personally believe buprenorphine withdrawals were exponentially worse than fentanyl withdrawals, that was the absolute worst drug ever created (or at least the system in which it is currently being used is horrible), I'm sure methadone is similar as well from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Methadone withdrawal is more intense than Bupe and lasts twice as long. Worse thing I ever kicked though was high daily dose of poppy pods was on them a couple years till I got arrested. That was one of the worse months if my life the first two weeks were a nightmare. I've gotten bad WD from the Fent Dope around now to the point Bupe won't hold me and im still sick the first few days. I relapse every week I get paid, use for 4 days and back on Bupe like clockwork. It's a terrible cycle to be caught up in but since I lost my fiancee in March im miserable. Today I've been drinking beer and taking Bupe, it's not enough but tomorrow is another day,