• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

It ain’t a festival if you don’t get rained on once in awhile ;)

Reminds me of a festival I hit in 2016 in an area of the country known for heavy late spring rains. When we got there the grounds were already fucked up and what was usually a 30-60min entrance time took 10+hrs for some people. I got lucky and only took me like 2-3..

Once in the first night was good, then the rains came… And boy did they come. I always prepare so my tent was a refuge from the rain, I was on top of a tiny hill with large tarps covering me top and bottom.

I remember at one point watching this dude losing his mind tripping or something, literally buried up to his waist in mud wriggling around.

It’s the only festival I ever left early, there was one more night but we were so swamped out and heard another bad storm was coming so we decided to try and avoid it.

Took all day just to get my stuff down to the car and had to leave about half my shit behind cuz I just couldn’t get it out.

Then the trickiest part of all, navigating my car through the mud and water to the dry road. Locals had come in with tractors and were charging to tow out, I wasn’t about to give those fuckers my money. (These same locals busted out a lot of peoples windows…)

So I spent a good hour or so planning my escape. I found every dry patch of land I could, I calculated to the best of my abilities which puddles/mud I could make it through and then I took a deep breath, started her up and gunned it. Each dry spot id gain a ton of speed so I could push through the water. There was no stopping and thinking, balls to the wall. Had I not planned I never would’ve made it. The last ditch right before the road I almost didn’t make it but the tires barely grabbed the other side and I limped out water pouring off my vehicle.

We all then went to a local motel where 10+ of us shared a single room. We ordered pizza and I can honestly say despite being crammed in there, that was one of the most relaxing nights of my life. Knowing I made it out alive..

-GC

We're expecting rain saturday morning.
damnsam.com
26th annual New York Harvest Festival.
Trumansburg, NY
Oct 6-9 2023

I'm stoked for Eclipse. Its been a hot minute since my last festival and I've got some homies coming down from out of state that I haven't seen in a while so it'll be like old times. Gonna try and hit up Infrasound in MN if I can make it up there. Also waiting to see when Pretty Lights will announce his next tour. I'm too broke to do Roo or Electric Forest but I'm hoping he'll do a 2 or 3 night run at Red Rocks sometime this year since I missed him last time he was there and couldn't make it to any of the shows last year.

Bonnaroo's lineup is (imo) awful this year. I was dead set on going before the lineup even dropped, and it was bad enough to make me cancel plans.
The only band listed I'd like to see, who I haven't, is the mars volta. RHCP I've seen before.
Other than that, when you're booking bands like Meghan thee stallion, that's a dealbreaker.

This actually doesn't look that bad.

65de137ba577451bfdd6a9c3_OC24-Admat-Presale_022724%20(2)-p-800.png

428656141_962167352025219_6574148790761002547_n.jpg

Wish I could go to this. Seeing The Jesus Lizard, Unwound, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Pinback in one fell sweep would be unreal.

435894581_10224824838027587_6142537072925075968_n.jpg

I've camped at that venue before. It's uphill camping. But it does have flushing toilets.