• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

hey all, just thought id give a hot tip to all those still left with some mushies. Last night i went n saw charlie and the chocolate factory after eating some mushrooms and smoking a scoob, and i have to say it was one of the coolest and most comfortable drug experiences i have ever had. very nice visuals and sounds, and very funny, lots of giggles...try it out.

My First Year

What a season I must say. My first season ever raked me in about 4 kg.
I was suprised at how well I was able to recognise them once finding a couple. At one stage it was like they were jumping out at me.
This site, along with erowid and magic-mushooms.net provided me with valuable information and harm reduction tips.

For three years I wanted to try mushroom's but was always a bit scared of picking my own. In the interest of harm reduction reading a shit load helped me grow confidence.
They were like my baby's throughout the whole process. Collecting them was such a rush, I found myself out walking every second day, and days I wasn't picking I was nuturing a shit load under a fan. I then crushed them and pilled em up. Time consuming but fun to do. Much easier way of ingesting them. I tried them fresh, and must admit that I tripped better eating them fresh. I don't mind the taste, I dip them in sweet chilli sauce. I know thinking your inside the telly dosen't sound like a night out, but you had to be there. I also tried the tea bag idea, added lemon juice and that too worked well.

I must add that some of the shrooms I picked, about half a kg looked a bit on the old side, and once ingested made you trip but you felt ill a bit. I turfed them, it was a sad day. Like milk though, it goes off after time- would you drink it?

I experimented with dosages and set and settings.
Working out a dosage that you will feel comfortable with was a big one for me, took a few go's. Set and setting has always played the lead role in my recreational experiences, no matter what drug it is. Im a big one for good music and lighting.........plus another person or ppl's that are on the same par with you.

I can't wait til next year.....

I had the best winter ever.

:)

I couldn't believe it but I actual had haps pop up in the garden 1 week ago!! There was a medium size patch in the garden during summer! In 5 years I have never seen this happen.

Very strange, I think I took photo's

i agree but its getting closer, round about 4 months now. im saying my nightly prayers for an early, cold and wet winter.

yer sorry about that.. but hey atleast it got you reading the thread again hehe 3months to goOOWWWhhhh ooWWwaaahhhhhh

man last year was my first season.. and i must say.. when i go on my walks i still spot habitat.. cant wait..

umm it is normal to be seeing shaggy mains.. like now??? man i cant wait...

Its my tenth year this year, the anticipation is as strong as it was after my first season. January, february, march and april all seem to take sooooo long it is like they go on forever.

16 degrees and plenty of rain.

hey all, was walking to the shop for ciggies via the park when i found these stropharia specimens.. man look at the date!!!!.. im praying for a bumper season.. :) :) :)

Last edited:
OK hep cats, if they're sprouting this thread is good to go, I guess. Please remember that the "no sources" rule applies and anyone posting specific locations (which is silly anyway, if you want to keep "your" patch in good condition) will be edited.

It'd be nice to see everyone practicing some basic mycology, like shaking the spores loose before leaving a site, and also rudimentary ecology - take all your rubbish with you and don't rape a site entirely, or it won't be there next year.

Most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough, *please* don't consume any mushrooms you have picked yourself without a comprehensive, positive ID (if you don't know how to do this, you simply haven't done enough research before picking, IMO). The very best way to ensure you're not injesting something toxic is to take someone with an understanding of mycology, or at least someone who knows exactly what they're looking for. :)

ADD contains a bunch of great threads on shroom identification, if you want to search. Happy (and safe :p) hunting!

aunty establishment said:
It'd be nice to see everyone practicing some basic mycology, like shaking the spores loose before leaving a site

If your talking about such things as tapping the caps of the mushrooms before you pick them, to make more spores drop out, this is defenitely incorrect.

It has been studied and it has been found out that tapping the mushrooms to let more spores fall out is pointless as spores are not hanging in the gills as many people think. Spores are produced behind each other. That is, so to speak, a developing spore grows behind one in front of it, and slowly that developing spore, as it grows, nudges the older one out, and so the cycle continues. Obviously there would be a couple of hundred spores that would fall out when you tap it, but this is inferior considering that hunders of millions are dispersed throughout its life cycle. And even if those hundred or so spores hit the ground, this in no way guarentees germination.

Its not like 400 billion spores are sitting there, like leaves on a tree, which when shaked would fall off.

I can provide a reference for this if its needed...

Last edited:
mofo said:
hey all, was walking to the shop for ciggies via the park when i found these stropharia specimens.. man look at the date!!!!.. im praying for a bumper season.. :) :) :)

A bumper season would be awesome!

Last year was my first year of picking, just looking in areas near my house only ended up picking and preserving enough for slightly over 1g of dried p.sub for me and mushy hunting partner which i ended up consuming a while after the season was over. God damn did i regret not searching harder walking along the street and all the colours turning pastel was certainly very very cool but seeing the sunset, even on a low dose, was absolutely amazing rivaling anything i have got out of acid in about 8 trips; many of which were reasonably high dose.

My advice for anyone thinking of starting mushy hunting, other than making sure you can ID properly of course, is to put the effort in it should pay off wonderfully.

Wishing everyone happy and lucrative hunting in this up-coming season!

man, are yall cats serious? Stuff is already sprouting in this heat? That is crazy.. I was on the lookout after those few days of rain (NSW) but I didn't see a spec of anything..

Preme213: There haven't been any psilocype finds in this thread yet for this year. The shrooms in the photos posted by mofo are stropharia's, which grow in very similar conditions to p. subaeruginosa and would indicate that it may be possible to find them.

conditions arent even close for subs in melbourne yet. amanitas are still a couple of weeks away and they usually pop up about four weeks before we start seeing subs.

^^Yeah i agree. Defenitely not wet anough or cold. Im expecting the first signs of anything special around early-mid May. Unless it gets alot colder, i cant see anything major before that. Sometimes i find some pins in April, but its usually to dry so they dont reach maturity.

yer hence my post.. it hadent rained for almost 2 weeks when i cam across those non actives, i was stumped and still am.. it rained today so i might keep an eye out tomorrow morning but those stropharia's, must be a freak, however the spot has never let me down , so im hoping its a sign off a bumper crop.. but yer i should see anything pop for atleast another 8-12weeks

-MoF0-