• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

twominds: I agree, usually I would post photo's and so on but this year I lost count in the first two weeks. Unbelievable season, Im sure its still going but two weeks hunting was enough for me..

Just a couple of quick questions, tried search engin and didnt find anything.
how long do mushies last for and what would be the best place to store them and how long would they last than. i havnt had them before but planning to do reall soon. how bad is the taste.

Cheers

boner_bob said:
Just a couple of quick questions, tried search engin and didnt find anything.
how long do mushies last for and what would be the best place to store them and how long would they last than. i havnt had them before but planning to do reall soon. how bad is the taste.

Cheers

how long they last for fresh depends on how old the are when you pick them. if you plan on having them more that two days after you pick them its probably a good idea to either boil up a tea and freeze it or dry them out. there is plenty of info on both making a tea and drying them here so do a search.

Questions....

This season in the west has been pretty poor !

Also having a EXTREMLY Close call with the police.. and i MEAN EXTREMLY.. anyways besides the piont..

Now this year we have decided to Keep the majority of our Haul and Preserve them in Honey

So what has happed is we put the Goods in the Jar pour the honey over the top, They have been sitting in the Cupboard for about a month, and we decide to add more mushys in the jar....

when we open it up, The Previous mushys have floated to the surface and are NOT Submerged in Honey...

These Mushrooms have Gone Black-Blue in colour...

Now the Question is Are they Still OK ?

We Now have Found a way to Keep the fukkers drowned.. but do you think that They might of gone bad ?

There was NO Mold present.. so

Just for the record We Never Dryed them just straight in the Jar and added Honey... Was that a Bad Idea ?

The honey is quite Runny Now Probs Cos of the moisture content of the Mushrooms....

Anywas the season is still going here...

Im spore Printing and making a New Batch of Distilled water and Spores to water my Magic garden now =D

Check this out:

Caramel Cap mycelium cleans up organophosphate pesticides

On October 28, 2004 , the world famous mushroom cultivator Paul Stamets filed a patent for the application of Caramel Cap mycelia for filtering wastewater, breaking down organopesticides and even cleaning up nerve gas residues from military sources(!). The latter two qualities are a directly related to the psilocybin producing capabilities of these species. In all cases the patented technique for the application of mushroom mycelia is quite simple: a wall of mycelium-colonized woodchips is placed around and/or mixed in the contaminated soil. The mushroom mycelium then excrete the phosphotase enzymes which rapidly break down the pollutants.

Paul Stamets writes: “Phosphorylated compounds such as the chemical warfare gases and many organophosphate pesticides have proven particularly resistant to breakdown and bioremediation, as few organisms are equipped with the appropriate dephosphorylating enzymes. Fungi, on the other hand, have a number of enzyme systems and paths for dealing with phosphorylated compounds and are therefore particularly suited for remediation of organophosphates. Preferred species include (…) agarics such as Psilocybe azurescens and Psilocybe cyanescens containing phosphorylated tryptamine compounds and their dephosphorylated analogs. (…) Since both Psilocybe azurescens and Psilocybe cyanescens can possess up to 1-2% psilocybin, a phosphorus rich molecule, and/or psilocin, the product of dephosphorylation of psilocybin, these species can be used to dephosphorylate toxins wherein phosphorus contributes to the toxicity of the pollutant (such as the phosphorylated chemical warfare gases above and organophosphate pesticides). Grassland species such as Psilocybe semilanceata, also rich in psilocybin, may also be preferably employed; such grassland species have the advantageous characteristic of acting as saprophytes, decomposing organic matter, or acting as ectomycorrhizal species, directly benefiting plants via symbiosis, depending upon circumstances. (…) The growth of algae in ponds and lakes can be directly attributed to the phosphorus-rich runoff from agricultural fertilizers and other industrial pollutants. Phosphorus is typically the `limiting nutrient` of algae growth. By removing phosphorus using mycocloths, mycomats and mycoberms infused or spray hydroseeded with dephosphorylating fungi such as (…) Psilocybe azurescens (…) the over-growth algae can be limited in lakes and ponds, providing cost and ecological saving benefits to fishery ecologies and the watershed.”

(United States Patent Application 20040211721, see:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...usus"&OS="Juncus+effusus"&RS="Juncus+effusus"

Taken from http://www.fanaticus.com/CULTIVATION OF CARAMEL CAP PSILOCYBES WITH THE PF TEK.htm

dialated665 said:
Questions....

This season in the west has been pretty poor !

Also having a EXTREMLY Close call with the police.. and i MEAN EXTREMLY.. anyways besides the piont..

Now this year we have decided to Keep the majority of our Haul and Preserve them in Honey

So what has happed is we put the Goods in the Jar pour the honey over the top, They have been sitting in the Cupboard for about a month, and we decide to add more mushys in the jar....

when we open it up, The Previous mushys have floated to the surface and are NOT Submerged in Honey...

These Mushrooms have Gone Black-Blue in colour...

Now the Question is Are they Still OK ?

We Now have Found a way to Keep the fukkers drowned.. but do you think that They might of gone bad ?

There was NO Mold present.. so

Just for the record We Never Dryed them just straight in the Jar and added Honey... Was that a Bad Idea ?

The honey is quite Runny Now Probs Cos of the moisture content of the Mushrooms....

Anywas the season is still going here...

Im spore Printing and making a New Batch of Distilled water and Spores to water my Magic garden now =D

I wouldnt advise using honey bro.. just use dessicant and dry the little demons.

Grab a mixing bowl, and chuck another bowl inside it that is slightly smaller. This will be used to collect the moisture from the dessicant.
Place some fine mesh over the top of the smaller bowl and place the dessicant on top of that.
Then grab another piece of wire mesh and mould it to fit over the top of the desiccant without letting it touch or sit on the dessicant, you could bend the wire to sit against the edges of the bowl. This will support the weight of the mushrooms if you have sturdy wire.
Place your mushies onto this mesh rack, making sure they are below the the lip of the bowl so you can cover with tin foil and place in a warm, dry area..

Once they are dry, put them into a air tight glass jar or container and put in a dark, dry area for storage.

Preserves them so they last for years. :)

I'm also curious as to whether any Aussie BLers have had experience growing/printing P. Subaeruginosa or P. Azurescens? Or any of the Psilocybes?

Season seems to be slowin up in Melbourne.. My patch got heavily mulched few weeks ago, I am so fucking angry.

Last edited: