Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

Jwlst

Bluelighter
Hey im wondering about mushroom hunting in NSW.....

The question is, alot of mushrooms are around my area, however, are hallcinogenic mushrooms that common in NSW, and do they only grow in fields and rural area's? I live on the northern beaches and I dunno if theres any point to hunting around to look for them... (like im not sure they even exist around this area, no cow shit here)

Im aware of the dangers of mushroom hunting, so no need to tell us i need to be sure etc etc, just answer the questions above :p (trust me, ill take photos, check resources, until im %150 sure they are hallcinogenic)

Last edited:
i live in northern beaches too :D in Fairlight(suburb next to manly). ive never had the chance to have a shroom trip but i have picked before and havnt had any luck.... doesn't mean theyre not out there though. you'd have a way bettter chance going to some cow paddocks, its a treck from here i know..

but if you were gonna look round here anyway i'd look now considering the weather we've had lately and i've seen alot of mushrooms around, most of them looking pretty normal garden ones though.

funny , im on the northern beaches too around avalon , i beleive its possible as there are many many different species in & around pittwater ;) i might see you around

Mushy season opener

Went for the first hunt of the season today but only managed to find one golden cap. The area looked like it had been picked clean already. Waiting for a big rain and they should be growing like a fungus! I'm in tassie by the way in the south ofthe state.

fuck in heaven

Attachments

• image081.jpg
    image081.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 487
golden caps are different to the blue meanies i am guessing? the blue meanies are just out of season arnt they?

Information packed threads merged 8)

All the information you need is in the huge thread from last year..... go find it.

noticed a couple of subs pop up in my spot last week...

here's a few tasty photos of some semi-dry ones

mush3.jpg

mush4.jpg

Guys please don't just 'chatter' in these big threads - post photos and descriptions etc. by all means, but converse by PM or email please.

BigTrancer :)

^^ meh... watch me care... I consider that a nessesary risk =D

I know the risks involved.. im a big boy, little man... no need to be a SMARTass :)

You are taking a risk just by being a member of this site.. the cops can trace IP addresses, and even hack your computer..

Last edited:
freakin potent f*ckers...

why is it that every season i get put on my ass unexpectedly by these?

went to a party last night, ate 3-4 small sub's... expecting a mild buzz to top up with some alcohol. theres no way it would have been over 1/2 a dry gram.

i got a full blown trip - equivalent to having eaten 10+. bit uncomfortable being surrounded by people u've only just met and hardly being able to utter a sentance. was the perfect place to flip out :p luckily i didn't.

visuals were great tho, as was the trip following the peak :)

take care guys!

subs are one of the most potent species of psychedelic mushrooms.. I find the experience pretty full-on too..

jimbu said:
freakin potent f*ckers...

why is it that every season i get put on my ass unexpectedly by these?

went to a party last night, ate 3-4 small sub's... expecting a mild buzz to top up with some alcohol. theres no way it would have been over 1/2 a dry gram.

i got a full blown trip - equivalent to having eaten 10+. bit uncomfortable being surrounded by people u've only just met and hardly being able to utter a sentance. was the perfect place to flip out :p luckily i didn't.

visuals were great tho, as was the trip following the peak :)

take care guys!

Man, that reminds me of the first time I ever picked my own subs. I found absolutely s*loads of them and I couldn't believe that they could really be magic mushies cause i found so many, so I visited an experienced friend and he confirmed my new found stash. So I asked how many I should try to test them. He suggested 10 to be an average trip and said if I ate about 4 I would get abosulte BORDERLINE effects from them.

So I got home and it was the middle of the week and i didn't real want a full trip till the weekend so I just ate 3 nice sized (good looking) ones to test the waters. Well, I got a pretty full-on bloody trip, about what I'd expect off 2.5 d grams these days. And it was quite annoying cause my gf came home from work with some work friends and such and I was on a completely different planet, which, I didn't reall want to be. Mind, it wasn't a bad trip, I had fun, but it just wasn't the time or place...

Just goes to show you can never be to sure about these babies..

I went out for a hunt on Friday, but didn't find any mushies at all (of any sort).

Anyone found any yet in Suburban Melbourne?

To AndyzPsylocybes and Jwlst, you dont necessarily need to go to cow paddocks to find magic mushies in Australia. Psilocybe Cubensis, aka Golden teachers/tops grow out of cow shit however Psilocybe Subaeruginosa grows out of decaying wood chips and pine needle litter on the ground. 4-7 days after rains and cool temperatures, go to parks reserves and forests, anywhere with woodchips and/or pine needles and you should have some luck....

Also subs are far more potent than cubes anyway so you will benefit more by looking for them :p

I wonder if there is any way to make sure that this years Mushroom Season thread is not a duplicate of last years 2004... or the year before 2003...?

I think the focus of the current thread should be on locally picked mushrooms that you can IDENTIFY with enough surety to make a trip report about... Remember, that this is not a thread in which you can post random photos of mushrooms and ask people to identify them (risky and potentially dangerous).

BTW: Searching for the term "mushroom" in Aus Drug Discussion brings up ALL of the 'mega' threads about magic mushrooms, so there is no necessity to duplicate old information about magic mushrooms in general, mushroom storage, drying etc etc. This information has been covered at LENGTH and it's a waste of everyone's time to type/read it again... this information is right at your fingertips (if the above 2004 and 2003 threads are too big for you to search through, you can 'search within thread' or go to one of the smaller threads about magic mushrooms in the archive).

BigTrancer :)

Hi all!
Just wondering if anyone's stumbled across any shrooms in lil' ol' Tassie yet...We've had a couple of good rains (a thunderstorm yesterday) up north, but I just found out our old hunting ground is now a carpark!!!!! :(
On a completely unrelated note, if anyone wants to join me for a picnic in the forest sometime...

Shrooming 2005, Melbourne/Victoria (P. Subs and the Coulda beens)

With the last 3 weeks of absolutely freezing nights and the last week of fogs and mist in the early wee hours of the mornings i cant help but sense that the season is creeping up on us. My guess is that we are in for a late start to the season this year due to the late summer and the lack of rain. Maybe even mid June before we start seeing any serious returns. However I might be wrong.

Started this thread for discussion on shrooms and for people to take a guess at when the first pinners will be found. Not to mention ofcourse to post photo's of the first pinners when they do come. Also if its still allowed for people to post pics of the "coulda been subs" for people who may be able to help ID any potentially dangerous lookalikes and therefore help prevent anyone coming to harm due to inexperience.

My advice to anyone new to shrooming to do endless amounts of research into what to look for and if you can find someone experienced to take you then do it. I learnt on my own through lots of research and wondering around parks, for a long time i slowly worked through all the lookalikes and sat and waited wondering if a particular bruising was "blue enough". Once i finally found the real thing it became easier to spot them and easier to ID them, however finding them once or twice or three times doesn't make you an expert, you always need to be wary of the lookalikes as they can easily find their way into your bag if your not watching what your doing. Also when you are shrooming try not to be over hopeful and always remain sceptical while ID'ing shrooms, make sure your judgement does not get clouded by optimism.

Have a safe and fullfilling season shroomers ;)

P.S. Keep in mind, do not discuss locations, from memory regions such as southern/eastern/northen/western where ok. Eg "In a park in the inner south eastern suberbs" was fine.. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited: