Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushrooms and alcohol.

master shredder

Bluelighter
I am going to be trying shrooms for the first time this weekend and I was wondering if drinking alcohol before can have any adverse effects.
cheers.

yeh , the alcohol will affect your trip DEPENDING on how much you drink. E.g few beers (say 1-3 std drinks) shouldn't affect you too much, but alcohol can make your trip unstable & CAN contribute to a bad trip esp. if it is your first time &/or you are new to tripping. I'd say just take it eazy on the alcohol bro, everybody reacts differently.

Corsto.

A few drinks before mushrooms can be good as it will usually help to settle anxiety. I wouldn’t have too much to drink though as being pissed while on mushies isn’t as much fun. I find that the effects of the mushrooms are not as strong but you don’t feel as drunk once they start kicking in. If you are prone to feeling sick while on mushrooms, then a lot of alcohol before you take them can make this problem worse. I find that drinking a bit before, a bit during and a lot afterwards is the way to go. It will also help you sleep after the trip.

I can’t help you in regard to any negative physical effects. Just my experiences.

Pretty much what abitofaworry said - a few drinks will calm any nerves but don't go beyond that.
Asside from increasing any nausea and decreasing the effects of the mushrooms, being smashed will probabally make you very tired as they kick in. I've fallen asleep at this point - waking up tripping balls a hour or two later isn't an experience i'd recommend to ANYONE :(

Be a 1000% sure you have id'ed the right mushrooms and have fun :)

probably best to avoid alcohol altogether...

1-2 drinks beforehand might be alright, but i've found that after 4-5 drinks prior to eating the mushies, i felt nausea for a good portion of the trip.

cheers guys, I was only thinking of a couple of beers to get in a good mindset/ease anxiety. Im very excited il let u know how it goes.

Based down like this..

There is a drink
Then there is a driiiinnnnk!

A few beers is one thing
Skulling down a bottle of Bundi OP is another heehe

Happy Trippin'

Trance

waste of shrooms,

takes the edge off, yes, but man, also takes the 'trip' off. Why waste your first experience of a drug, by tainting it with something crap like alcohol?

The minds sets of an alco and a tripper are so vastly different that they are just a crap mix. Basically like being really drunk, but with visuals. But mentally, oyu dont really 'trip'

Drunk and any psychedelic is cool and wobbly... Drink after the shrooms though, its not good to make choices regarding psychs and doses whilst drunk, can be regrettable...

Last time I saw alcohol and psychedilcs mixed was pretty fucked up. My mate decided to take some acid after getting horsed.

He thought EVERYBODY was stirring shit with him and got on an extremely paranoid, obnoxious and aggressive trip. The best I could do was have him sitting in the car while he yelled 'WTF are you looking at? Faggot! You getting smart!' to people out the window that on many occaisions were not even there. A couple of hours into it he somehow crashed out altogether except for his occaisional *smack smack* "you wanna fuck wi ma....." slur slur /trail off into sleep again.

Waste of mushrooms mate :D

When drunk during mushroom season I have a tendency to search my spot at night when drunk and after another high. There is usually some stomach irritation when combined.

Cyberdyne said:
Last time I saw alcohol and psychedilcs mixed was pretty fucked up. My mate decided to take some acid after getting horsed.

He thought EVERYBODY was stirring shit with him and got on an extremely paranoid, obnoxious and aggressive trip. The best I could do was have him sitting in the car while he yelled 'WTF are you looking at? Faggot! You getting smart!' to people out the window that on many occaisions were not even there. A couple of hours into it he somehow crashed out altogether except for his occaisional *smack smack* "you wanna fuck wi ma....." slur slur /trail off into sleep again.

Waste of mushrooms mate :D [/B]

yeah i saw a mate last night on shrooms and lots of booze, he was very violent and incoherant, personally its a goddam waste of money, time, good drugs and reputation if you combine booze and psychedilics.

lok1 said:
yeah i saw a mate last night on shrooms and lots of booze, he was very violent and incoherant, personally its a goddam waste of money, time, good drugs and reputation if you combine booze and psychedilics.

right on

Once I drank too many beers and then ate couple of huge tropical cubies and ended up a "depressed trip" not "bad trip" just ... sad.. and emotional....

I rather have cubies on its own or with combo of eccies... I personally love the combo and sometimes I find eccies takes the edge off for me, but it may not work for others.