Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Spore Prints

Norules

Bluelighter
How fresh must a psylocybe subaeringnsoa be to create a spore print? Do the gills contact the paper or the cap?

Gills or cap is fine and will depend on the shape of the cap.

Mushrooms can be three days picked and still get a reasonable print. Don't knwo about after that.

If they are quite dry and arent producing spores, dip your finger in some water and wet the cap. It stimulates spore production for another couple of hours.

Chocolate brown to purple brown gives an indication tht a mushroom may contain psilocybin

Your looking for the mushroom's distinct spore colour. Depending on the colour of spores it drops, you can differentiate between lookalikes and poisionous mushrooms, as they all have different spore colours. Typically, the psilocybe genus drops a purpley/chocolate brown print. Whenever asking people for an ID over the internet, always provide details on the spore colour.

^^^I mean what does a spore print look like? I followed the procedure that I know but didn't seem to have any results as such . . .

Norules said:
^^^I mean what does a spore print look like? I followed the procedure that I know but didn't seem to have any results as such . . .

Maybe the spores of your mushroom are white? Are you doing it on white paper? If you are try a different coloured surface to do it on. Ive attached a picture of a spore print for your reference.

Attachments

• sporeprint.jpg
    sporeprint.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,535
Last edited:
Thanks Immortal Technique. I guess the spores were white which leads me to assume that I picked the wrong mushies, but everything else about the fungus was indicating psilocybin . . .

Does anyone have any documents which list both pyschoactive and 'normal' mushrooms spore prints and identifying features? For exsample knowing the spore print of gallerinas would help in differentiating between the two . . .

Immortal Teknique said:
Maybe the spores of your mushroom are white? Are you doing it on white paper? If you are try a different coloured surface to do it on. Ive attached a picture of a spore print for your reference.

The picture makes it look as though that is a print from the gills, but someone above said gill or cap . . . Does it matter?

Questions . . . these damn mysterious shrooms have got me wondering....

No no no. You have to do it gill side down on the paper. Spores dont come out of the top of the cap hehe.

Go to http://www.mushroomjohn.com/index2.htm and look around mushroom johns site. He has a comprehensive list of most of the psychoactive shrooms throughout the world and also has info on posionous lookalikes. Also, you can do a google search on mushrooms like Galerina Autumnalis and it will tell you distinguishable features/spore print etc.