Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

downunder83

Ex-Bluelighter
I was having a smoke in my garden today and saw a whole patch of tiny baby mushies growing.. I live in Melbourne btw. We havent had much rain this year but im hoping for a better season this year than last.

Has anyone noticed mushies in their area yet?

Ive noticed inactive species, a few Agaricus' here and there but no Psilocybes as yet.

Have you found "shrooms" or just mushrooms growing. I still think the season is about 3 weeks off.

lovebrisvegas said:
Lol wait, can you actually find wild growing psilocybe mushrooms in australia?

Fuckin oath. If your being serious, Psilocybe Subaeruginosa are like a weed in Victoria...

im pretty sure lovebrisvegas is just trolling anyone with half a brain can't seriously ask that

This is why I hate not having a car :( was so bad last year munching on dirty HBWR seeds while reading on BL of people coming home with sackfuls of shrooms.

You don't need a car, trains are more than adequete. Certain train lines are littered with subs.

Chronik Fatigue said:
Man, last year was unreal for mushrooms in Melbourne. I got sackfuls.

I got rediculous amounts as well. I was seriously stepping on patches. Anywhere i went where there was mulched gardens or whatever, i would find patches left right and centre.

Shame i dont touch them anymore. Ill still go on a few hunts though. Nothing better than walking for ages whilst scanning the ground and coming across a few hundred :D

Last season I was way too lazy to go out and actually hunt for anything, might have a peek around this winter though. I heard in England etc you can buy them in the fruit and veg. markets =D

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Been looking foward to them making a return for ages! So what do you think the season will be like around Melbourne? I've heard alot of people being pessimistic because of the lack of rain...

Lack of rain? It's been pissing down! It will be a great season in Melbourne, dunno about the drier parts of Victoria though.

Im still skeptical about Melbourne. We have had some decent falls so far, but more rain is definitely needed.

Temperatures are still too high anyway. Im waiting for the 15-18 degree days with mins of about 7-8 degrees.

Thats when its time, and when i have the most success.

You guys miss the total wreckedness of QLD mushies :p
Your guys shrooms are too clean feeling, you never feel like you're dieing on them :(
You need the baeocystin to get NDE's! :)

True true, however the alkaloid content is much much higher in Subs, so you have to eat 10 little ones rather than 2 fat chunky cubes which taste like arse.

only qld and melbourne is being talked about.. they grow in NSW too yeah?? or do we have a different season>?

Status
Not open for further replies.