Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom season 2005/2006

Fin_heaven

Bluelighter
The one good thing about the colder weather down in tassie is the advantage of early mushrooms. Some decent rains in the last few days along with bloody cold weather should ensure a bumper start. Gold tops are starting to pop up around the right places. Here's a nice example attached.

Can we please leave this thread to show your active mushrooms only and not a Q & A. Use the search engine if you're not sure of something.
Peace and happy, safe, rape-free hunting.

Attachments

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Is that a mushroom from this year or from previous seasons? If it is from this year, thats awesome. Looks like we are in for an early start =D

Yeah this year mate. Tassie has had some ideal mushroom sprouting weather lately. Have heard from a mate of a mate that they were popping up three weeks ago! So far my mates have only seen singles and not patches yet, but we've been hunting in lower areas. Up higher they would definately be in full swing.

Bring on fun filled days of tripping!

It's been cold n raining like hell the last few days here.. so I've def got my hopes up for an early season, esp after stumbling on some green gills yesterday.. :)

Preme213 said:
It's been cold n raining like hell the last few days here.. so I've def got my hopes up for an early season, esp after stumbling on some green gills yesterday.. :)

nice and chilly in sydney as well, bit of rain at the start of the week

me thinks i'll actually start learning how to identify these packages of magic

Hehe im getting very excited.

Chugs, they aren't hard to identify, its ignorance that gets people into trouble. Just do your research, use online resources such as the shroomery (shroomery.org) to get your finds identified and take sensible precautions and you will be fine. :)

chugs said:
nice and chilly in sydney as well, bit of rain at the start of the week

me thinks i'll actually start learning how to identify these packages of magic

yea, i'm actually in newcastle myself.. i'm suprised by how cold it has gotten so quickly the last couple of weeks.

Don't take more than you need and use scissors, don't remove the "roots" of the mushroom. Cut them just above the ground/shit/whatever they're in.

Splatt said:
Don't take more than you need and use scissors, don't remove the "roots" of the mushroom. Cut them just above the ground/shit/whatever they're in.

Raping a patch from what my understanding is just generally treating your patch like shit. Leaving rubbish, trampling the whole area, picking pins, just generally being a faggot and diminishing the chances that the patch will regenerate next season.

Splatt said:

it can be beneficial to remove some mushrooms with mycelium attached, particularly strong rhizomorphic growth as these stem butts can be transplanted to other suitable places producing new patches the following year. however be sensible about it, dont remove half the mycelium from the patch in the interest of starting a new one.

raping a patch is a term for things like standing all over the patch and removing all mushrooms regardless of size. the first should be avoided, stand at the edge of the patch or on other objects inside it such as rocks, logs or whatever. mushrooms should be allowed to release spores before you pick them also remember that your favorite patch might be someone elses too so its polite to leave the small mushrooms to mature properly.

great to see photos already, im pumped! the weather has taken a sudden turn for the better (so long summer) it wont be long now before its melbournes turn. bring on the rain

A friend is spose to take to go picking soon wen its ready (Brisbane). Im woudering what do u look for in mushys, Colours, size and other stuff like that.
I heard that if u pick them they should glow or somthing like that were they broke off from.

Cheers All

There is absolutely no doubt that this thread needs to be admined VERY VERY heavily...all questions covered before and comments that dont relate directly to the 2006 mushie season need to go so its manageable

Cyberdyne said:
There is absolutely no doubt that this thread needs to be admined VERY VERY heavily...all questions covered before and comments that dont relate directly to the 2006 mushie season need to go so its manageable

Agreed 100%

Leaving rubbish, trampling the whole area, picking pins, just generally being a faggot and diminishing the chances that the patch will regenerate next season..

Yeah, those gay eco terrorists.... 8)

I'm happy for this thread not to be here at all so if it becomes full of chatter and repeditive questions its gone. There is plenty in the forum about mushrooms already, every question has been asked and answered 100 times in the monster mushroom thread so that should be enough.

This is the one and only warning for the 2006 mushroom season, this thread starts to slip and its closed.

Yeah that would be the reason why i posted my original warning. Please dont fuck up this thread. Im interested to se some of teh finds of others. Went on another hunt this morning to four separate spots only to find a couple of pin heads. Maybe it is a bit early yet.