• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: andyturbo | JessFR
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Multiple IV Prep methods i use (Fentanyl Patches, Sticky heroin,ms contin, Suboxone bupe strips)

I_Hate_This_Place

Bluelighter
I also use luer lock syringes to draw, but I swap needles to a 25 g 1/2 inch to shoot. I like them a lot better than insulin needles
I know a lot of people prefer 1/2" over 5/16th" but 25g for IV?! 8o I think I only ever used that gauge once when it was all that was available. IIRC I was like holy balls I gotta use the horse needle. :eek: ;)
Most people I knew used 28 or 29g 1/2" but I found even those to be large. I have hypersensitivity so I always preferred as fine a tip as possible up to a point. People really do differ greatly in what they prefer to use! To each his own I say though. :)

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R
Staff member
Makes sense if he was reusing needles too. They get to a point where you can literally feel the friction and resistance trying to register properly.
In my experience needles tend to just stop working long before "friction" is any kind of problem.

They so get harder to register with, but I don't see "lubricating" them helping with that..

I also use luer lock syringes to draw, but I swap needles to a 25 g 1/2 inch to shoot. I like them a lot better than insulin needles
It doesn't bother you that you waste a little? Fair enough, I'm just a little surprised, only time I've seen people use detachable syringes is for shooting methadone syrup (and don't even get me started on that...). And that's just cause the quantity is too high.

However specifically regarding your inquiry as to loss with detachable syringes I don't believe there is much in the way of product lost when not using a tip & flushing properly. If one uses a tip there is definitely an appreciable amount of product / volume of solution lost. I avoid using any detachable tips in the filtration &/or IV process. I learned that the first time I ordered microns & used luer locks with detachable tips. As you mentioned there was a loss. :\ I haven't purchased or used detachable tips since then for that very reason. I may be understanding wrong as I just noticed you said the hub & I guess there is technically a hub with the micron filter itself attaching to the luer luck but as I stated with proper filtration & flushing I wouldn't expect much of a loss. 🙂
What I'm specifically talking about, in case it's unclear to anyone, is the tip at the end of a detachable syringe (the hub). If you take one, draw up some liquid, then expell it all, you can see that there's still a little left in the hub. Fixed syringes don't have that dead space.

Is it enough lost to get worked up over? I guess everyone's gotta decide that for themselves, but that's a lot of gear over hundreds and hundreds of shots...

he used to call me weird because i refused to re-use a needle and "waste" $7 to buy a fit pack. thats another story.
That is kinda a ripoff, I used to get them for free.

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
In my experience needles tend to just stop working long before "friction" is any kind of problem.

They so get harder to register with, but I don't see "lubricating" them helping with that..

It doesn't bother you that you waste a little? Fair enough, I'm just a little surprised, only time I've seen people use detachable syringes is for shooting methadone syrup (and don't even get me started on that...). And that's just cause the quantity is too high.

What I'm specifically talking about, in case it's unclear to anyone, is the tip at the end of a detachable syringe (the hub). If you take one, draw up some liquid, then expell it all, you can see that there's still a little left in the hub. Fixed syringes don't have that dead space.

Is it enough lost to get worked up over? I guess everyone's gotta decide that for themselves, but that's a lot of gear over hundreds and hundreds of shots...

That is kinda a ripoff, I used to get them for free.
You mean the last little bit? I usually undo the needle and suck it back then snort the little bit left :LOL:

and shooting methadone huh? I start Wednesday!! They're doing Corona Virus take homes so I'm probably gonna at least give it a shot of shooting it. I need to research what's in the methadone oral liquid tho, don't wanna shoot anything or not filter it properly

JessFR

Staff member
You mean the last little bit? I usually undo the needle and suck it back then snort the little bit left :LOL:

and shooting methadone huh? I start Wednesday!! They're doing Corona Virus take homes so I'm probably gonna at least give it a shot of shooting it. I need to research what's in the methadone oral liquid tho, don't wanna shoot anything or not filter it properly
You just need to dilute it with water a bit so it isn't so thick. But it's really unhealthy to shoot. Used to gross me out when my ex would do it.

How many take aways you getting?

Deru

Bluelighter
Oh yeah, especially breaking through the skin. It's just risky behavior being compounded by even riskier behavior.

But especially to break through the skin and be able to move, any liquid gives it that buttery feeling of a brand new needle.

JessFR

Staff member
Oh yeah, especially breaking through the skin. It's just risky behavior being compounded by even riskier behavior.

But especially to break through the skin and be able to move, any liquid gives it that buttery feeling of a brand new needle.
Does it? I never tried so I wouldn't know, lol.

Deru

Bluelighter
Does it? I never tried so I wouldn't know, lol.
When I first started IV, I lived in a very suburban area and didn't even know what a needle exchange was. It wasn't unusual to use 6 or 7 needles for a month, until CVS or Walmart or someone would allow the sale of another pack of 10.

Sometimes scoring new needles was almost more fun that scoring the drug itself.

Sometimes the rubber piece had to be lubricated as well or it would become almost impossible to push the solution in. I won't mention what we used to use to do that, but I'm pretty confident it was more dangerous than licking the needle and everything else combined.

It really is difficult to achieve any type of harm reduction in areas where drugs are completely villified.

JessFR

Staff member
When I first started IV, I lived in a very suburban area and didn't even know what a needle exchange was. It wasn't unusual to use 6 or 7 needles for a month, until CVS or Walmart or someone would allow the sale of another pack of 10.

Sometimes scoring new needles was almost more fun that scoring the drug itself.

Sometimes the rubber piece had to be lubricated as well or it would become almost impossible to push the solution in. I won't mention what we used to use to do that, but I'm pretty confident it was more dangerous than licking the needle and everything else combined.

It really is difficult to achieve any type of harm reduction in areas where drugs are completely villified.
Oh yeah the plunger can become pretty hard to move, makes it trickier since it's harder to keep your hand still.

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
You just need to dilute it with water a bit so it isn't so thick. But it's really unhealthy to shoot. Used to gross me out when my ex would do it.

How many take aways you getting?
Ah gotcha. I think a week at a time but to start I have to go in everyday till I reach the dose I want, starting at 30 going up 5 everyday for up to 30 days.

But yeah I don't want to get in the habit of IVing anything anymore. I've been IVing my suboxone strips and my eyes have been watering and red / itchy and I know it's related to the shots cause it always happens within an hour and lasts for almost all day now. Thank god I'm almost out of them

JessFR

Staff member
Ah gotcha. I think a week at a time but to start I have to go in everyday till I reach the dose I want, starting at 30 going up 5 everyday for up to 30 days.

But yeah I don't want to get in the habit of IVing anything anymore. I've been IVing my suboxone strips and my eyes have been watering and red / itchy and I know it's related to the shots cause it always happens within an hour and lasts for almost all day now. Thank god I'm almost out of them
Mother fucker.

I've had a perfect dosing record for 2 and a half years and I only get 4. I feel ripped off.

But this seems to be a consequence of being on a private prescriber. The public system is changing policy for covid 19, but private doctors are being private doctors and refuse to change anything.

Are they drug testing you? I don't get drug tested and it'd be nice to have something to show for less take aways :(.

And honestly if it came down to 2 less takeaways but not getting drug tested, I'd call that a fair trade... Not that we should have to choose just because the system is inconsistent between public and private dosing.

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Mother fucker.

I've had a perfect dosing record for 2 and a half years and I only get 4. I feel ripped off.

But this seems to be a consequence of being on a private prescriber. The public system is changing policy for covid 19, but private doctors are being private doctors and refuse to change anything.

Are they drug testing you? I don't get drug tested and it'd be nice to have something to show for less take aways :(.

And honestly if it came down to 2 less takeaways but not getting drug tested, I'd call that a fair trade... Not that we should have to choose just because the system is inconsistent between public and private dosing.
I have random drug tests and blood tests and more drug tests, so you got that one on me Jess. Probably gonna end up paying $19 a day anyways they don't take Blue Cross lol.

Deru

Bluelighter
Most people I knew used 28 or 29g 1/2"
I preferred 31 gauge 5/16" for hands or small and shallow veins - at the expense of increased clogging.

Otherwise it was 29 gauge 1/2"

27 gauge was way too big, let alone 25 gauge! Those must be some impressively large vessels - and even so, I can't imagine the track marks from those monster pokes.

JessFR

Staff member
I've always just used the standard 27g terumo's and 29g bd's needles that tend to come in nsw fitpacks.

I'm surprised to hear people saying 27g is too big. They're the ones I'd say I've found overall most reliable. And I have fairly small veins.

I_Hate_This_Place

Bluelighter
I would do something similar.

I preferred 31 gauge 5/16" for hands or small and shallow veins - at the expense of increased clogging.

Otherwise it was 29 gauge 1/2"

27 gauge was way too big, let alone 25 gauge! Those must be some impressively large vessels - and even so, I can't imagine the track marks from those monster pokes.
I hear ya there. Honestly I don't know if I could have used the 25g the one time I did if it wasn't someone else hitting me. I'd agree with you that 25g is a monster. I'm all about smaller sizes myself. Honestly I have a hard time with any size differences from my usual 31g 5/16th. I must have shallow veins as I find 1/2" goes way to deep & just pokes through. Actually come to think of it they must be really shallow as I am careful not to go through with 5/16th's. Makes sense though. I''m skinny & generally speaking have large veins. Everyone really differs quite a lot in preference though it seems just in this thread alone. Considering how much people differ from one another physiologically I'm not surprised.

I know from hitting other people that having the right size makes a world of difference. I can't even count how many times I'd have to hit "insert skinny girl's name" because no one could do it. If there was a problem give me a change of equipment to 31g 5/16th & I'd get it done. It really does make all the difference in many scenarios. It always amazed me how little care people seemed to pay to the equipment they used but as I mentioned I'm a bit of an odd ball. ;)

Though as other's have mentioned I think certain sizes are just more prevalent by default based on what is given out by needle exchanges & other similar services in whatever area the person happens to be located in. I'm guessing that plays a decent sized role in the prevalence of a certain size. I know that a large number of people I knew just used whatever they could find. IIRC 28 or 29g 1/2" is what was given out by the main exchange & as such was most common in my area. As I mentioned I always bought my own so I don't recall as well as I would otherwise but I think I'm recalling it correctly. :unsure:

Deru

Bluelighter
I could use 27 gauge before I collapsed my cephalic and median cubital just fine up by the elbow. Once those were gone, I needed a 29 or 31 gauge - the 27 gauge was bigger or almost the same size as most of the veins i was forced to go into.

ComicSansMS

Greenlighter
Bupe Strips:

Step 1: Place strip on to a spoon

Step 2: draw 50-100 units of water in to a syringe ( how much units you use is up to you and how strong you want your shot)

Step 3: Squirt the water in the spoon, no heating is required for mixing a bupe strip you just need to stir the strip in the water until it dissolves

Step 4: Drop a cotton or cig filter in the spoon, Suck the mixture in to your syringe through the filter.

Step 5: Shoot it and enjoy :) :)
Only filter bupe strips once?

What colour does your shot look like after one filtration?

Is less more with IV bupe?

Where is @Captain.Heroin ?
o_O

ComicSansMS

Greenlighter
OK well, I don't wanna speak for the entire country, but I've never seen heroin in Australia that required an acid to dissolve.

I've seen different colored heroin, but they've all dissolved pretty easily without heat or acid.

But.. If by chance anyone does come across #3 heroin in Australia, DO NOT use lemon juice as an acid. That is just playing with fire. Use ascorbic acid powder. Maybe citric acid. But not anything that could have parts of lemons in it or any other organic matter.

Anything that could contain organic matter (such as.. Lemons) should not be injected. It can be very dangerous.

Id also say that a full ml is way too much volume for most heroin shots. I used to have a pretty big habit and my shots were never more than about 70 units (. 7ml)

Also does anyone actually use cigarette filters to filter? I know they come in qld sharps kits, but I've virtually never used them. Cause well, they suck.
Well said! And the Bupe post the OP made is dodgy as well. However you filter, you are likely to bend the needle or burr the tip, so at least "buttfuck" your solution into a new needle for your veins sake. Don't be stingy with the needles. They're either cheap or free

ComicSansMS

Greenlighter
I'm surprised anyone actually uses the cigarette filters that exchange kits sometimes supply. They seem to retain some of the liquid a lot easier than cotton.

And like all junkies I abhor wasting heroin.
Cotton Fever lol

Wtf thats a good way to catch a infection. I wouldnt even touch the tip of my syringe before i have a shot, let alone licking the syringe tip. Thats a good way to lose an arm
I've seen people squeeze a tiny bubble out the end of the syringe and lick that bubble, my other posts were made before reading only your OP

draculic acid69

Bluelighter
Well said! And the Bupe post the OP made is dodgy as well. However you filter, you are likely to bend the needle or burr the tip, so at least "buttfuck" your solution into a new needle for your veins sake. Don't be stingy with the needles. They're either cheap or free
With bupe strips u put them in the spoon and pull the plunger out of a needle and use the rubber tip to mix it up.