• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

MTGG - Tom. Still missed every day

clubcard

Bluelighter
A long, long time ago I visited MTGG & CherryColouredFunk in their pad in North Manchester. They were both wonderful people and made me feel at home (and indeed helped me with my physical disabilities). A few months later, CCF had moved back to Sheffield (I think it was Sheffield) but they were still both very much in love. A few months later I took a spare TV down for MTGG because he was sat in a room with no entertainment. After a few hand-rolled, we adjourned to a decent local pub in Moss Side. Most of the people were true Rastas but they could not have been kinder. I remember them moving the table and obtaining a foot-stool to put my bad leg on. Good people.

Shortly afterwards I moved down to Peterborough because my then partner had a job there. Well, long story short, my relationship didn't last BUT the last time I saw her, she invited me over to her apartment to break the news. Now, she didn't even want me to talk to people like Tom but he was a kind, lovable guy who I think everyone liked from the moment they met him. In retrospect, I keep wondering if I should have stayed in Manchester. I'm not saying that it would have changed the outcome but Tom clearly needed help and I still think I SHOULD have been there. I will never know. Not a day goes by without me thinking of him; of wondering if a friend could have made a difference.

Now, I'm glad that CherryColouredFunk is still with us, at least as of 13th December 2019. Could someone just let me know that she is OK? From what I read, she has really been through the mill but I remember her as a very kind, thoughtful, intelligent person who made a whole meal just for me. Tom was a true gentleman, CCF is a true lady.I don't want to bother her, I just want to know that she is OK. I'm not rich or successful but I like to think I am a friend of all good people and those two are good people.

Many thanks, your crippled friend,
CC

PS CCF - I'm sure you remember you two enjoying a wine box while Tom took me to the appropriate pharmacies to get pain relief. In fact, I'm not sure if my then partner actually RANG to shout at me. I sent you a message but all I really want to say is that I have never forgotten your kindness and if I can help, I will help. That day you really did do a lot to help me and I remember it as if it were yesterday.