• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids mscontin not helping properly need advice on how many doses to stop withdrawal

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi I been taking 120mg morphine instant release so got a tolerance.
When I take the mscontin 60mg twice a day it stops me being sick and that but I got no energy and still in pain.
I need instant....
So could I take 30mg 4 times a day would that stop withdrawal or do I need to have extended if on opiates long term so say cos I get mscontin you can half them 30mg instant 30mg extended same in evening.

Im gonna try switch back to oxycontin I need energy and Im on anti psychotics and pregablin and diazepam so im pretty sedated and the morphine makes me feel lethargic unless I take it instantly.. if I was to switch back to OC can I half them?

mscontin definitely stronger than zomorph

Hi I have tried quite a few times now... I can take 200mg zomorph morphine sulphate and get same high off 120mg mscontin, what gives? If I took 200mg mscontin id fall asleep mmm the doctors were very reluctant to give it me when chemist ran out of 60mg zomorph but i werent taking 12 10mg zomorphs a day way too many.

What gives, is the mscontin lasting longer due to the wax or could it be stronger, I also feel the same with morphine ir tabs being stronger than oramorph liquid.

OxyContin has garbage withdrawals and a stigma. I agree that the Morphine IR gives you the nice full blast kick vs the Morphine ER.
While I was perscribed Morphine ER @ 60mg/day, at first I thought that it was bunk. I learned how to allow my body adjust to the medicine. Morphine ER was still a little light for serious pain, but after my body acclimated itself, it works pretty well.

Now, If you said you could get half of your prescription IR and half ER, I'd start there. That would make it sort of like Dexedrine ER.

You would get the nice instant release, but then coast once you decide to take ER. Also the comedown will be smoother, if much at all.

A bonus to this method is your tolerance will slow down and you should (subjective) get the coverage you need.

Afa energy goes, you could drink coffee, a X hour energy drink or something stimulating to keep the energy up while using medicine.

Just my opinion.

Is ir worth plugging 30mg or shall i just crush put in water and drink orally as I know 30mg wont get me high just want pain relief and a boost since the mscontin releases 5mg a hour I reckon for a 60mg pill and thats fuck all to me.

Also from experiences when took 10mg morphine orally in morning I didn't need my er tabs for 4hours off 10mg, it does last longer in your stomach than plugging.
Is the bioavability really that bad orally when I plug I usually get a nod straight away for a hour or two then followed by 3-5hour high does last around 7hours on high dose, 4 hours on a low one.