• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ms contin and doc worries

nomilila

Greenlighter
I'm no newbie to painkillers. I've had a double lumbar fusion, which makes the pain of labor a walk in the park. When I've had pain, I've gone to pain clinic, which many of you know, gets you nowhere. I live in the Twin Cities, so I've seen a lot. The clinic I'm going to now is weird, ALL the docs prescribe freely. They offered me fentanyl. I'm worried about liver or kidney damage, so I asked if I could be prescribed something w/o acetaminophen. They gave me a ton on percocet w/o it. Then a ton of Ms contin. Thing is, after I had about 5 15mgs of Ms contin, I felt terrible. Fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, pain under right ribcage Why would the one drug that doesn't have acetaminophen do that? It's exactly why I went on it? Was it the coincidental flu?

What were your doses of other meds? Did you take all 5 MS Contin at once? Perhaps you had a mini withdrawal if the doses were not equipotent.

Yes I took them all at once. I go weeks without taking anything, though. I've always had a huge tolerance. I didn't take the Oxycodone with it. I didn't feel that high taking that dose. The ms contin I mean.

Last edited:
Sounds like you took too much for your tolerance? Typically that's what happens if you take a crap load of opioid and get sick and don't feel good. You'll overshoot the euphoric dose and just end up in a nasty place.

If it resolved quickly (~24hrs) then it won't be a flu either.

What would your normal dose of oxycodone be?

Agreed ^, you took too much/overestimated your tolerance.

So I sort of od then? Do you think it was my liver saying "too much" or it was just a typical mild od? Thanks to all that answered��

So I sort of od then? Do you think it was my liver saying "too much" or it was just a typical mild od? Thanks to all that answered��

Shouldn't have anything to do with your liver... and ya I guess you could call it a minor OD. Though I usually like to reserve the term OD for a time where you fell out. A minor OD being one that you eventually wake up from and a major OD being one that killed you. So I would really say you just took a little too much.

The pain you're describing sounds very familiar to me. Back when i was taking norcos like candy (i cwe all pills with apap) i used to get that all the time. I have no idea what causes it since it clearly wasn't the apap as yours started with none and i removed most of mine. Be careful i have that same pain all the time now and I'm about to be tested for pancreatic cancer. Hopefully it won't be anything, but i cant help but literally feel the connection.

Ms contin is a shit high then. I guess I was chasing something that wasn't there

so sorry hydro. That sucks. Let me know what they find, OK? I'm interested.

The pain you're describing sounds very familiar to me. Back when i was taking norcos like candy (i cwe all pills with apap) i used to get that all the time. I have no idea what causes it since it clearly wasn't the apap as yours started with none and i removed most of mine. Be careful i have that same pain all the time now and I'm about to be tested for pancreatic cancer. Hopefully it won't be anything, but i cant help but literally feel the connection.

Is there any reason you feel this way? Do you have a history of hypochondria? Or have there been legitimate signs pointing toward the likelihood of you having this? I really hope for your sake you are just paranoid because that is the one type of cancer there is no coming back from... God bless brother, and best of luck.