• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Mr. Show

austior

Bluelighter
In my opinion this is the best TV show ever. For those who have seen it, what's your favorite episode? Mine would be "If you have a comedy scene, there's gonna be some rat feces in there."

"Dicky Crickets: Megaphone Crooner"!

Electric Tie Rack, its so nice,
Moves the ties from side to side.
baby's havin' a grand old time,
Rackin' up electric ties!

thankyou!

dickslap.jpg

I loved the episode that featured the "ding-dong-kingkong-sing song burger"

"DAYUM! THIS MUTHER FUCKER'S TAYSTEY!"
"Told ya, fuckin' ass."

A globo-chem company: Take it from me, I love you~!

Change for a Dollar skit~
"What do you mean you're taking it back? Yesterday I was the 'World's Greatest Grandpa' and today I'm not?"

The whole episode "The Velveteen Touch of a Dandy Fop" is pure comedic gold. "And I wanted to start a trendy herion habit!"

Druggachusettes~
The 'Pot Brownies' and "NOO! We can't use that phone, there's people on the other end."

The episode "Please Don't Kill Me" was great... "Are you still a two jar slave?" ... "Mustmayostardayonnaise! Warning: Mayostard will expire before mustayonnaise."

And the concept of "Pre-Taped Call-In Show" was brilliant.

Kudos to Bob and David.

"The Velveteen Touch of a Dandy Fop" is one of my favorites too...especially the megaphone crooner sketch

You mailed tapes of my wife having sex with Carl all over the world?!?!?!
No . . . I mailed tapes of your wife having sex with Carl in your bedroom right here in town.

Fucking classic.

best tv comedy show ever.

it's hard to pick out one particular episode but i think "who let you in here" is probably mine. the sketch about why the american flag is the stars and stripes is incredible.

among my favourite sketches are:

lie detector
blow up the moon
the audition
pre-taped tv call-in show

those last two are such brilliantly simple ideas executed perfectly.

oh, and of course, 'the four voices'

oh, and of course...

the list is endless :)

finally, the writing is obviously brilliant but i think the supporting cast is a big part of the show's success. tom kenny in particular, is an amazing actor.

alasdair

i think i am the only person who finds this show very hit and miss. some sketches are great, but the good majority just seem dumb to me :\

i like the one with 24 being the highest number. i have no idea what show it is on. "if any one says that 24 isn't the highest number, they will hear it from my 45"

For those of you in New York, David Cross hosts (along with fellow stand-ups Todd Barry and Jon Benjamin [the voice of Ben Katz on Dr. Katz, Professional Therpaist and the soccer coach on Home Movies]), a night of alternative comedy in The Village on Sunday evenings.

The evening, known as Tinkle, takes place at a bar called Pianos, and only costs seven bucks per person.

They're on hiatus right now, but according to their website, they plan on coming back before the end of the fall.

It's an excellent affordable show for those of you who love David Cross.

animal_cookie said:
i think i am the only person who finds this show very hit and miss. some sketches are great, but the good majority just seem dumb to me :\

i can understand that. given that the show is highly satirical, it's possible that, if one is not familiar with the subject matter being skewered in a particular sketch, it might just seem dumb.

this might sound weird but i often get the feeling that, while i can't place my finger firmly on the target of the satire, i know by extrapolation they are satirising it perfectly...

alasdair