• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Mppp

I think you misunderstood. No one is ridiculing you at all. Your points and concerns are perfectly valid based on the information you have received from this guy. Everyone is saying the person that you are referring to is chock full of bovine faecal matter.

Exactly.
I'm pretty sure I know the compounds to which he is referring,
And it's a "bentley class" or "phenylpiperidine" class?

Sigma or Caymen being sold for 300 bucks a milligram
Standards of Etizolam were going for 100 bucks/mg lol

Again, no one is criticizing you, we're just shaking our heads at the foolishness of this whole statement

You mean his statement about someone else? I think this is where the confusion lies.

I tried real MPPP, it was a risk but a risk I'm glad I took. I see what the fuss is all about but I was pretty sure it had been manufactured correctly. All in all it wasn't that great, similar to Pethidine but at a lower dose. I'm willing to get abused by you for saying this but when the chance came up how could I say no? It was more the thrill of being in permanent paralysis or not, similar to base-jumping. The adrenaline before I took that first hit was insane.
If I had known the purity for certain, I would've probably gone for it as well, so no judgement passed from me. My respect to you sir. ^^

NO W4RN1NG is notoriously full of shit and has no idea what he is talking about half the time so I would take EVERYTHING he says with a grain, or rather a truckload, of salt. Some of his posts on this board are bad enough, but go to other forums to see the real idiocy at play....
Good to know, I really didn't know the guy. I am quite disgusted. I don't think I even ever registered with any of the other major drug forums. I keep wondering why other people do. It's like drinking piss when you have a cellar full of red wine.

The first thing that is done when such an organization decides to take notice of a novel substance is to have a high purity reference sample of that compound synthesized (you know, the kind you see on the sites of Sigma or Caymen being sold for 300 bucks a milligram) and it's spectra elucidated, so that samples discovered in the field can be run through analytical equipment and compared to those reference spectra in order to make a positive ID. If they find that the spectra of a compound being sold as X doesn't match the spectra of the known reference sample of X, they will attempt to elucidate what is really being sold. First they will run a library search against all the spectra they have, looking for a match, and if that fails they will take the steps to figure out exactly what this mystery powder is. These organizations aren't stupid, they're not going to take one's word for it that one is selling what one says one is selling. They're going to make sure for themselves. THAT is what makes this whole statement patently moronic.
Thanks a lot for clearing that up, it makes perfect sense. I was sceptical about the claims, but then again I've seen gouvernment agencies behave like complete and utter morons, so I really wasn't sure. What really still has me worried is the kind of attitude that apparently exists out there, which might become more prevalent in the future with all the confusion about the unbelievably large number of novel psychotropic compounds being synthesized.

I'm a lot more relaxed about the guy now, but people like that are still making me mad.

Last edited:

I asked "And it's a "bentley class" or "phenylpiperidine" class?" Why funny?

Bentley being like etorphine, and the phenylpiperidines being fentanyl analogues, which I assume you know. I bet the latter as the analogues are more prevalent.

I read a report about some organic chemist synthing an fent anal....log and he described a similar hell. Dosing from a nose-spray bottle like 24x a day of shit that probably got to the point of 1000 mg oxymorphone IV each time, or some ridiculous number.

Bentley being like etorphine, and the phenylpiperidines being fentanyl analogues, which I assume you know. I bet the latter as the analogues are more prevalent.

I read a report about some organic chemist synthing an fent anal....log and he described a similar hell. Dosing from a nose-spray bottle like 24x a day of shit that probably got to the point of 1000 mg oxymorphone IV each time, or some ridiculous number.
I just never had heard of the bentley class. I only know bentleys as being cars. I deleted that comment though because I feel very stupid for this misunderstanding lol.
since i couldnt quickly find any information, does thebaine and its derivates belong to this class as well?

EDIT: Okay I still couldn't find any wikipedia style summarization, but I at least found this bentley fella's publications from the 60s (55 of them, damn). If you have any easier reading for me that summarizes his work and it's impact, I'd really like to check that out because I strongly doubt I'll be checking out those articles in detail today.

Yes.

Exactly- get on skype yo.

The Bentley compounds are a class of semi-synthetic opioids that were first synthesized by K. W. Bentley by Diels-Alder reaction of thebaine with various dienophiles. The compounds are properly known as thevinols and orvinols, or "bridged oripavine derivatives", due to the characteristic 6,14-endo-etheno- bridge and substitution at the 7α position. Buprenorphine and etorphine are perhaps the best known of the family, which was the first series of extremely potent μ-opioid agonists, with some compounds in the series being over many thousands of times the analgesic potency of morphine

I actually thought your comment was a joke too, because the fool in question was discussing synthetic cannabinoids, and that's what we've been talking about for the last little while. I figured your comment was a joke or sarcastic comment because we are in a thread about a designer opioid and have strayed absolutely and thoroughly off topic. It would be like posting about a new opioid in a thread about psychedelics and having someone ask "Oh so is it a tryptamine or a phenethylamine?" with the subtext of the comment being "If it's neither, move that shit to another thread, sukkah!"

Last edited:
You needa add quotes bro, we kinda curved back to opioids.

Umm... I'm confused... Are you saying I need to add a quote, as to who I'm referring? I thought you and any readers would be able to follow the train of thought, since it was only about a post 2 replies previous to mine. If its confusing however, I will edit the post to include a quote of who I was speaking to, but allow me to explain anyway:

You (lolwhatzdrugs) replied to my post, which was part of a discussion about novel cannabinoids and an idiot who claimed to have invented them, and asked which of two opioid SARs those cannabinoids fit into. crOOk assumed you were joking, so did I, since asking what opioid SAR a cannabinoid fits into seems like an odd question if serious.

There, I hope that makes things a little clearer for you, now to edit my post to include quotes.

", since asking what opioid SAR a cannabinoid fits into seems like an odd question if serious."

I don't recall asking that question.... I only mentioned "fuck cannabinoids." We're all screwed up here.

He assumed I was joking because he hadn't heard of etorphine and the bentley compounds, thought I was talking about one of these

2008_Bentley_Brooklands_Coupe_NY.jpg

", since asking what opioid SAR a cannabinoid fits into seems like an odd question if serious."

I don't recall asking that question.... I only mentioned "fuck cannabinoids." We're all screwed up here.

He assumed I was joking because he hadn't heard of etorphine and the bentley compounds, thought I was talking about one of these

Umm... I'm getting really confused here... I know he thought you were referring to a car, I said I thought it was a joke based on context... Here, let me try again:

I made the following post:

I think you misunderstood. No one is ridiculing you at all. Your points and concerns are perfectly valid based on the information you have received from this guy. Everyone is saying the person that you are referring to is chock full of bovine faecal matter.

I'm pretty sure I know the compounds to which he is referring, and IF they are the same ones, they were most assuredly not created by him. They have been available from wholesale vendors (the kind that don't have websites and don't sell mg quantities) overseas since before he claims to have synthesized them. His description is a perfect match for the ones I'm thinking of, although the trivial name they are being marketed under is eluding me at present, I will have to check when I get home. It sounds to me like he has slapped a BS name onto an uncommon and relatively undiscussed compound and decided to take credit for it.

Also, don't mistake the point I was trying to make in my previous post. I know how easy it is for someone with a shitload of money, a bunch of skeletal formulae of existing compounds, and a copy of ChemDraw to make random changes to various compounds, have them synthed, and possibly hit on something good. I'm not saying that part of his story is necessarily suspect, although I would question where the money for tonnes of random-ass custom syntheses came from, but the idea that obfuscation of the IUPAC names or skeletal formulae of compounds will make one iota of difference to LEOs or government agencies is flawed on its face.

The first thing that is done when such an organization decides to take notice of a novel substance is to have a high purity reference sample of that compound synthesized (you know, the kind you see on the sites of Sigma or Caymen being sold for 300 bucks a milligram) and it's spectra elucidated, so that samples discovered in the field can be run through analytical equipment and compared to those reference spectra in order to make a positive ID. If they find that the spectra of a compound being sold as X doesn't match the spectra of the known reference sample of X, they will attempt to elucidate what is really being sold. First they will run a library search against all the spectra they have, looking for a match, and if that fails they will take the steps to figure out exactly what this mystery powder is. These organizations aren't stupid, they're not going to take one's word for it that one is selling what one says one is selling. They're going to make sure for themselves. THAT is what makes this whole statement patently moronic.

Again, no one is criticizing you, we're just shaking our heads at the foolishness of this whole statement. The things people think they can get away with claiming...

This post is about cannabinoids. You then replied with the following post, directly quoting me:

SeenSoFar said:
Exactly.

SeenSoFar said:

SeenSoFar said:

SeenSoFar said:
Again, no one is criticizing you, we're just shaking our heads at the foolishness of this whole statement.
You mean his statement about someone else? I think this is where the confusion lies.
I don't even know why I'm argueing this anymore, because its irrelevant, but your responses just completely deny what you said previously... All my point is, is that I also assumed your statement was a joke because it was very out of place in the conversation. There. Hopefully that makes everything clear and easy to follow in one single post so you can see what I mean. By the way, I don't see "Fuck cannabinoids" anywhere in that post either...

Umm... I'm confused... Are you saying I need to add a quote, as to who I'm referring? I thought you and any readers would be able to follow the train of thought, since it was only about a post 2 replies previous to mine. If its confusing however, I will edit the post to include a quote of who I was speaking to, but allow me to explain anyway:

You (lolwhatzdrugs) replied to my post, which was part of a discussion about novel cannabinoids and an idiot who claimed to have invented them, and asked which of two opioid SARs those cannabinoids fit into. crOOk assumed you were joking, so did I, since asking what opioid SAR a cannabinoid fits into seems like an odd question if serious.

There, I hope that makes things a little clearer for you, now to edit my post to include quotes.
LOL! you're so funny. more quotes please.

I need a bentley. fast.

edit: whoops just saw your last post. well those are enough quotes... for now.

Just so we don't get confused here, I am referring to this message (you can quote me on that):

Umm... I'm getting really confused here... I know he thought you were referring to a car, I said I thought it was a joke based on context... Here, let me try again:

I made the following post:

I'm pretty sure I know the compounds to which he is referring, and IF they are the same ones, they were most assuredly not created by him. They have been available from wholesale vendors (the kind that don't have websites and don't sell mg quantities) overseas since before he claims to have synthesized them. His description is a perfect match for the ones I'm thinking of, although the trivial name they are being marketed under is eluding me at present, I will have to check when I get home. It sounds to me like he has slapped a BS name onto an uncommon and relatively undiscussed compound and decided to take credit for it.

Also, don't mistake the point I was trying to make in my previous post. I know how easy it is for someone with a shitload of money, a bunch of skeletal formulae of existing compounds, and a copy of ChemDraw to make random changes to various compounds, have them synthed, and possibly hit on something good. I'm not saying that part of his story is necessarily suspect, although I would question where the money for tonnes of random-ass custom syntheses came from, but the idea that obfuscation of the IUPAC names or skeletal formulae of compounds will make one iota of difference to LEOs or government agencies is flawed on its face.

Again, no one is criticizing you, we're just shaking our heads at the foolishness of this whole statement. The things people think they can get away with claiming...

Exactly.
Again, no one is criticizing you, we're just shaking our heads at the foolishness of this whole statement
I don't even know why I'm argueing this anymore, because its irrelevant, but your responses just completely deny what you said previously... All my point is, is that I also assumed your statement was a joke because it was very out of place in the conversation. There. Hopefully that makes everything clear and easy to follow in one single post so you can see what I mean. By the way, I don't see "Fuck cannabinoids" anywhere in that post either...

Wait, what are we talking about again? Parkison, right? Help me out here. God I hope this doesn't get closed, I've got a feeling that the conversation is really gonna be going somewhere now.

Chen T said:
δ-Opioid receptor activation reduces α-synuclein overexpression and oligomer formation induced by MPP(+) and/or hypoxia

Hypoxic/ischemic brain injury is a potential cause of Parkinson's disease (PD) with ɑ-synuclein playing a critical role in the pathophysiology. Since δ-opioid receptor (DOR) is neuroprotective against hypoxic/ischemic insults, we sought to determine if DOR regulates ɑ-synuclein under hypoxia and/or MPP(+) stress. We found that in HEK293 cells 1) MPP(+) in normoxia enhanced ɑ-synuclein expression and the formation of ɑ-synuclein oligomers thereby causing cytotoxic injury; 2) hypoxia at 1% O2 for 48h or at 0.5% O2 for 24h also induced ɑ-synuclein overexpression and its oligomer formation with cell injury; 3) however, hypoxia at 1% O2 for 24h, though increasing ɑ-synuclein expression, did not cause ɑ-synuclein oligomer formation and cell injury; 4) UFP-512 mediated DOR activation markedly attenuated the hypoxic cell injury and ɑ-synuclein overexpression, which was largely attenuated by DOR antagonism with naltrindole or siRNA "knock-down" of the DOR; and 5) DOR activation enhanced CREB phosphorylation and prevented the collapse of mitochondrial membrane potential (△ψm). These findings suggest that DOR activation attenuates MPP(+) or severe hypoxia induced ɑ-synuclein expression/aggregation via a CREB pathway.

Source: Exp Neurol. 2014 May;255:127-36. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2014.02.022. Epub 2014 Mar 5.

Please be serious when you reply to this and stay on topic. And no argueing.

Last edited:

When I replied to this I thought you were talking about the pharohfentanyl, and missed that you were talking about something else. I think this is where the confusion lies.

When I replied to this I thought you were talking about the pharohfentanyl, and missed that you were talking about something else. I think this is where the confusion lies.

Ok! There we go! Just so we're clear, I wasn't trying to be hostile towards you, just to sort out the fact that there was plainly a miscommunication going on. No hard feelings?

crOOk, that is an incredibly interesting article! I always thought the dopaminergic neurotoxicity caused by MPP+ was mediated by oxidative damage. Its fascinating that delta-opioid agonism can attenuate the damage!

crOOk, that is an incredibly interesting article! I always thought the dopaminergic neurotoxicity caused by MPP+ was mediated by oxidative damage. Its fascinating that delta-opioid agonism can attenuate the damage!
Yeah looks like the last word hasn't been spoken on this. I'm glad you like it, I'll assume you have access to the full text. Otherwise, pm me with your email address and I will send it over as a pdf.

Last edited: