• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs MPA-Methiopropamine has been a life saver but hand tremors are a threat to my job

I was under the impression 2-fa was a major active metabolite of 2fma and accounted for the main part of the high considering 2fa lasts like 2-3 hours and 2fma lasts 10-12 hours.

No. 2fma is just metabolized more slowly.

ebola

Good to know ebola. giving me enough reason to properly test out 2-FA...

Ah good advice, thanks I will definately look into 2-fma and my dosing of 2-fa (have used it more recreational, so i'm sorry to have given advice that was a bit off, but due to his already high dosing of mpa I was inclined to look for a dose that would be effective for him, thanks for correcting me) d-amp dosage may differ for people and I admit I am on a rather big dose 20mg morning and 15mg in the afternoon, but I have read people having benefited of doses as low as 5-10mg 1-2 day. Strangely d-amp has somewhat reduced my tremor and has improved my mood.

Always use a good antioxidant to help prevent neurotoxicity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the concerns. I've taken 2-FMA, 2-FA, 4-FA, 4-FMA, and other stimulants many times. They are decent and have their place but methiopropamine is completely different in its effects on my brain and body.

From dozens of past experiences, I know the tremors are due to being low on dopamine and that tremors are a warning sign to quit or pull back, not a side effect to hide and continue down the same road. However, the latter is the reason I started the thread, and to give an update, Benztropine works well to stop tremors. This drug is given with anti-psychotics which act on dopamine (in a different way) but also cause tremors.

Of the stimulants I've done, I have to admit that methiopropamine feels like the cleanest and does not raise my blood pressure or heart rate very much. I take it with vasodilators and massive amounts of vitamin C, always. This isn't an elixer but if we're going with the harm reduction approach, I suggest everybody get Vinpocetine and L-Arginine (an immediate precursor to Nitric Oxide; also a vasodilator.)
Vinpocetine is reported to have cerebral blood-flow enhancing[2] and neuroprotective effects,[3] and is used as a drug in Eastern Europe for the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders and age-related memory impairment.[4]

Vinpocetine is not approved in the United States for pharmaceutical use, but it can be sold as a dietary supplement. Vinpocetine is widely marketed as a supplement for vasodilation and as a nootropic for the improvement of memory and cerebral metabolism. Vinpocetine has been identified as a potent anti-inflammatory agent that might have a potential role in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.[5][6]

Stimulant binges, especially avoiding sleep, nearly always lead to slowed movement (you literally move your body in slow motion), tremors and other Parkinsons'-like symptoms. I never had a doubt that stimulants increased the chance of getting Parkinson's disease but I'm surprised at how big of a risk they pose according to the quote from the study posted above.

READ: I highly suggest against the advice of taking beta blockers with stimulants. It's known to be lethal to mix beta blockers with stimulants. It might not be lethal in some cases, but unless you're advised by a doctor (MD, not a shaman or intelligent friend), it's safe to assume the combo is lethal or very damaging to the heart.

Back to MPA: My vendor has verified that there are different batches going around. Some so weak or impure that they seem almost inert. This might explain why some people take 300 mg and others take 30 mg, why some people think MPA is complete garbage and others think it's amazing, why some people say it burns like hell and others say it only stings a little bit. I can't say anymore about the batches and I don't know what the differences are (whether one is impure or contaminated, or is a completely different compound.)

At the moment, I have a batch of supposed MPA. I've taken doses of 300-600 mg with zero effects. No sign of any stimulant activity, no crash of any sort, and it gave me a small nosebleed. It was a small spot of blood but enough to cause me concern. I've taken the prior batch of MPA for months at low doses with barely any irritation to my nasal cavity. Whatever I have now is getting flushed as I wait for more details on this matter.

This has nothing to do with tremors and so any updates on this will be posted on this thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...A)-batches?p=11863449&viewfull=1#post11863449

Selegiline is interesting and I've had good experiences with it as an antidepressant. I'm interested in Emsam (Selegiline in the form of a patch instead of tablet.) I don't currently feel safe experimenting with MAOIs, whether selective for MAO-B or not, being on meds and already experimenting with chemicals that might have MAOI properties of their own.

For the record, I don't plan on staying on stimulants for the rest of my life. It's just a phase. To add to the warnings above, stimulants are catastrophic to short and long term memory. This alone is reason for me to keep away from them. This was not meant to be a "how to safely and discreetly stay on amphetamines for the rest of your life" thread. It was to provide us all with insight on handling tremors from dopaminergics.

MPA is very interesting and to me and has a completely different profile than other amphetamines, at least in my experience (I'm on wellbutrin which keeps my dopamine at a relatively stable level.) Subjectively, it feels more like Modafinil or caffeine without jitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest everybody get Vinpocetine and L-Arginine (an immediate precursor to Nitric Oxide; also a vasodilator.)

Can't say L-Arginine did anything for me to stop vasoconstriction, unless you are talking massive doses......

Can't say L-Arginine did anything for me to stop vasoconstriction, unless you are talking massive doses......

I take about 1g vinpocetine and 2g L-Arginine, and 6-10g vitamin C. I aim to do it 30 minutes before dosing but I usually end up chugging the concoction only minutes prior. I don't know how much body builders take, and stress/drugs are likely to increase the body's demand for L-arginine, maybe significantly.

This study has some numbers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9833603

I take bupropion which helps with the MPA comedown (there isn't one) but it also limits how high MPA can take me. I also take a lot of vitamin C and other antioxidants. There is a study that shows 5-10 grams of vitamin C 30 minutes before ingestion of meth stops most of the neurotoxicity. Anyway, I have a real problem on my hands (pun.)

To keep it short, MPA has been the best productivity drug I have ever used. I have been using it heavily in July and then started again mid August and since my day begins with insufflation of about 40 mg. I'm sad there is no information about its long term use. It completely destroys adderall, meth, Ritalin and PV, not as a "stimulant (recreation implied) but as a performance enhancing drug. The only thing that comes close is Modafinil but this chemical has a weird habit of only working the first 1-2 times you try it. After that it has zero noticeable effects. Same with Adrafinil (analogue.)

I have been working on and off for the past 3 years. I have been unable to hold down a job for more than 7 months, and these are *good* fucking jobs. 6 figures, non-corporate, a lot of telecommuting, etc. Anyway, the medication (bupropion and ssris) stopped working way back and the only way I can get out of bed is with a stimulant.

So the day starts 9 AM with 40 mg total (2 lines) and I insufflate 40-60 mg at work maybe ~1-2 PM. I usually don't dose again after that except when I'm going home (7 PM.) I feel great that the day is over and insufflate maybe 60 mg. When I get home I don't redose for hours or may take a small line to ward off the mental fog if I need to concentrate. On weekends I insufflate 25 - 50 mg lines almost every 2 - 3 hours. Sometimes I stay up all of Friday and Saturday.

During this entire period I've had no side effects except when I tried much higher doses (150 mg built up over 30 mins.) During these periods a thought flashes in my head: "This is like PV's cousin. Wow." This happens especially if I'm sleep deprived.

The past 3 days I've been noticing hand tremors. They come on very subtly over a long period (unlike 30 mins after a big PV dose) and I kind of ignored them, knowing that I was depleting my dopamine reserves and the only real solution is time away from stims. I can't do this right now however. We are working on important projects and I need to be there everyday at 10 AM both mentally and physically. The MPA doesn't just make me feel awake and laser focused on productive things, it helps a lot with confidence, without the jitteriness of most stims. I just feel happy, normal and more importantly, being communicative and social is a part of the job. It's as important as the work I do.

I failed many interviews when I went in depressed and quiet. "He knows his shit, but we don't think we will jive with the team. We rely on teams working side by side and cohesion matters as much as his talent." That's what they tell my recruiter.

I absolutely love my current job and the MPA is a trade off. I will not keep taking it forever but I'm only on a trial period. So far they love my work but next month they decide whether I'm permanent or not.

Today I was giving a presentation and noticed my hand tremors stronger than usual. I had to hold onto something or keep gesturing to avoid bringing attention to this. I don't know if anyone else noticed and I know that if I begin thinking that, it's just paranoia from the stim itself. However, I need something for the tremors, ASAP. Once that's under control I will begin tapering off (started already actually.) If there's a drug test I can pass it. I never had a job that gave drug tests, but I can only pass a urine test at this point. A blood or hair sample will unveil my secret weapon and who I really am. Ironically, if I'm working my ass off and the test sounds an alarm at the amount of methamphetamine found in my system, you'd think the company would want to hire more of us. The functional junkies. It's half a joke .. let's not get into it and back on topic:

What commonly prescribed meds would help with tremors?

What OTC supps help?

I'm out of muscle relaxers (Rx ones) but the Indian pharmacies take a month. I need something in 2-3 days.

Benzatropine is readily available but I'm not sure how effective it is for stimulant induced tremors, nor what reaction it will have with MPA.

Like Benzatropine (and wellbutrin) I can give other anticholinergic drugs a try. Dramamine?

Nicotine and caffeine counter the drugs above, so I know to stay away from them.

What common conditions can cause acute hand tremors? What excuses would be valid besides: we stop in the halls and they notice, I say: "I had too much coffee, it's one of those days, hahaha (coworkers: I know that feeling, hahaha) and we all move along" Overtime they will pick up on it. This dude goes to the bathroom and comes back fresh and clean and suddenly becomes hard to distract. He sniffles a lot. A cold? perhaps? For months? Patterns. It's all about picking up information to form patterns and see trends.

I have had essential tremors which is in my hands, voice and even get random twitches all over and the two best things to assist I found was mindful breathing methods I prefer 1-4-2 ratio breath in 5 seconds, hold 20, release for 10 And this helps detox your body and eliminate stress which definitely has an impact on tremors. Also find smoking a couple fat bong hoots of marijuana sets the tremors to a more manageable level.