• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies where the criminals win

Survival0200

Bluelighter
We could do a small list of good movies where criminals win the battle between them and the cops. Mostly there are some hero cops who catch/kill/beat the criminals in the end. I'd like to see some movies where the criminals are the winners.

The Usual Suspects
Inside Man
The French Connection (in a sense)
The Silence of The Lambs (in a sense)

Of course Fallen. There's a heap of movies as well where ambiguously you could say the bad guys won. Anti-heroes and what not. Such as in Sin City...

Last edited:
Arlington Road (Terrorists win.)
Se7en (The serial killer has his Seven Deadly sins completed,in his
twisted way.)
Fallen (The soul of the killer lives on.)
Inside Man (They get away with the robbery.)
The Usual Suspects (The guilty man gets away.)

re: the italian job.

are you referring to the original? cuz if so, it's not entirely certain that the bad guys win...

'Hang on... i've got a great idea... erm...'

The Godfather. Michael Corleone is a badass cop-killing mofo.

- Les Miserables
- Pirates of the Carribean
- Papillon
- American Psycho

dr seuss said:
are you referring to the original? cuz if so, it's not entirely certain that the bad guys win...

^the same could be said about Ocean's 11. In the original with Frankie Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jnr and Dean Martin, the heist is not as 'successful', and one could argue far more clever and with a morally righteous plot twist ,ie crime doesn't pay... but you don't need any of that when you have big name hollywood names in your blockbuster over-advertised remake.

Last edited:
Benefit said:
The Godfather. Michael Corleone is a badass cop-killing mofo.

and how did he win exactly? Michael is miseerable at the end of part 3, wracked by guilt he's a husk of the man he once was...

Nobody mentions Natural Born Killers? Thats probably one of the best films of all time (IMO)

Though personally I see Mickey and Mallory as the good guys...its everyone else thats bad. M and M were the victims and then turned it back on everyone else and got revenge for being born...

Though they were on the Criminal side of the law (killing, torturing, and robbing people...eating mushrooms in the desert...burning houses down...inciting brutal riots) so I guess they were technically the bad guys.

Though a friend of mine once said about it "There are no bad guys or good guys in NBK...they're all painfully human and unmasked in their extremes of good and evil)

Truly a beautiful masterpeice of art. (it also does some crazy shit when you watch it on LSD...totally different and more intense and more beautiful...theres stuff in it that you don't notice when sober....)

my contributions were already mentioned- "natural born killers" and "trainspotting"

2 of my favorites.

lee214 said:
and how did he win exactly? Michael is miseerable at the end of part 3, wracked by guilt he's a husk of the man he once was...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the Godfather and Godfather 3 were the same movie. Thank you for correcting me.