• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movies about the Rec drug scene

Another movie that hasn't been mentioned - Andy Warhol's Trash! Very shocking for its time (1970)

I dont know if these movies fit, but factory girl and half nelson were pretty good imo.

not a movie but how about Summer Heights High?

a good message to all you kids out there about the dangers of ecstasy;)

what happened on that crap show? :p did someone die or end up in hospital from one 35mg UK MDMA pill?

I wanted to thrown in "Maria, full of Grace".

It's about these Mexican girls who become cocaine mules.

Splatt said:
what happened on that crap show? :p did someone die or end up in hospital from one 35mg UK MDMA pill?

Ahh Splatt your ignorance suprises me You have not seen it yet you call it a crap show:p It was hilarious black humour and a some of it was pisstake of peoples uninformed preconceptions about ecstasy amongst other things.

gumby: I gave it one chance after watching Chasers one night, and it was about some room mates "breaking up" from being best friends, because one of the teachers was a pussy and let this short dude push him around..... I gave it -8 stars out of 5.

:p

I bought the Summer Heights High DVD without having seen any of the show, just after reading the news article about him getting in trouble for writing about Annabell and the whole series is really funny :)

Cristiane F.

German movie. theres a subtitled Region 4 DVD though.

Pretty messed up film about the drug scene in the 80s or so.
Thirteen year old girl gets into drugs. first LSD and pharms.. Then she tries heroin..
All her older friends and her boyfriend (who goes to "The Zoo" to perform oral sex on older men for cash for his money) are shooting it, but she is still snorting it.. Then one day she decides she wants to shoot.

This is the german version of "insert downward spiral heroin movie here" and its worth a watch.

Its a perfect example of what not to do when using needles.
Sharing, they just use tap water, one scene shows the girl washing out a needle to reuse later using toilet water.. And some junky guy steals her needle she's about to inject and stabs it into his neck right in front of some old woman.

Classic fucked up shit.

Anyone seen Party Monster? Macaulay Culkin at his best :) It's the only movie I know of that has ketamine in it :D

The Salton Sea is a FANTASTIC meth movie.

Not sure if these have been mentioned before.

Ive heard of ketamine mentioned in like the simpsons or family guy.

Party Monster is awesome:) I didnt realise it was based on a true story until a friend told me about the whole Michael Alig story.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. In 1998 they did a 'shockumentary' involving everyone who was actually involved in the whole scene at the time but Michael died of a heroin overdose before it was finished.

"Black Tar Heroin" documentary, pretty shocking 8o . But I don't know how well it really reflects the reality of what was going on at the time, since I've never been into that scene, nor would I wish to...

Im fairly sure michael alig had 3 heroin overdoses, but he did not die. He is in jail and is due for a release soon . Its all on youtube.

LittleSmoke said:
"Black Tar Heroin" documentary, pretty shocking 8o . But I don't know how well it really reflects the reality of what was going on at the time, since I've never been into that scene, nor would I wish to...

Yeh, I recently watched 'Black tar heroin'. I'd highly recommend it. It's pretty full on but it depicts the scene much better than any movie ever could.

gumby11 said:
Im fairly sure michael alig had 3 heroin overdoses, but he did not die. He is in jail and is due for a release soon . Its all on youtube.

Sorry, I misread, it was Gitsie that died.

imdb.com said:
Gitsie, a close friend of Michael Alig's, gave extensive interviews for this documentary, but died of a heroin overdose before its completion in 1998.

wonderflosity said:
I wanted to thrown in "Maria, full of Grace".

It's about these Mexican girls who become cocaine mules.

I absolutely hated that movie, they expect people to be sympathetic for these drug mules? If your swallowing that much bullshit, you take responsibility that you will probably fall.

How about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Johnny Depp.

It's a pretty out there sort of flick and personally I reckon you should be on acid while watching it as that may be the only way to understand it.

Unfortunatly i wasnt