Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie News: The Riddler to be the villain in next Batman movie.

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Batman will take on villain The Riddler in the next installment of the superhero franchise, according to the Caped Crusader's butler Sir Michael Caine.

The British star of both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight has let it slip that his movie boss' next foe will "probably be The Riddler" - a role made famous on screen by Jim Carrey in 1995's Batman Forever and on TV by Frank Gorshin, who died in 2005.

Johnny Depp and Eddie Murphy are both in the frame for the role, according to Hollywood gossips.

Caine has no idea who will be cast, but is hoping for a performance to rival Heath Ledger's Oscar-winning portrayal of The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Caine tells People.com, "I thought it (The Joker character) was going to be a tough job for anyone who played the role after Jack Nicholson (in 1989's Batman). Now Heath is the Joker."

IMDB link

Eddie Murphy?! What the shit?

the riddler is too alike the joker i think. they really should sit on that idea i reckon.

i thought the obvious villain would be the catwoman. my reasoning is as follows:

in batman begins, bruce wayne referrs to his guests as two faced, and then two face was the main character of the dark knight.
in the dark knight when bruce asks about his costume update, lucious fax says that it should be able to withstand a cat.

therefore the catwoman should be in it. imo

Batman is my favorite superhero....but COME ON! How many movies are they going to make???

Isn't there a batman villain that hasn't been in one of the films?

I liked the Scarecrow in Batman Begins because he wasn't just a rehash of the villains from the Burton/ Schumacher flicks... It's getting boring.

^good point. i like a little diversity myself, hence why i think the riddler is far too soon.

Batman is my favorite superhero....but COME ON! How many movies are they going to make???

as many as they can make money from. but with the high quality of the last two, there's no reason to oppose some more.

First you had Batman
then Batman Returns
then Batman Forever
then Batman & Robin
then Batman Begins
and most recently Batman: The Dark Knight

and now, the final installment.....

Just Piss off Batman

Isn't there a batman villain that hasn't been in one of the films?

I liked the Scarecrow in Batman Begins because he wasn't just a rehash of the villains from the Burton/ Schumacher flicks... It's getting boring.

Bane or Clayface haven't been in a film yet.

Bane has. He was seriously misused in Batman & Robin.

^If the cars that wrecked had nipples on their hoods and Alicia Silverstone and Chris Sarandon were the drivers.

i am of the persuasion that this will be either a really good idea or a fucking landmine.

batman will always be the greatest superhero.

besides Toxie.

Eddie Murphy, huh? I actually think he could pull off the role very well. a black Riddler. all of you are so worried about rehashing the same old Batman villains, well this would definitely spice things up a little bit.

Johnny Depp would be ok... I guess. I don't really know. honestly, I thought Heath Ledger would be a shit choice for the Joker but we all know how that performance of a lifetime turned out to be.

other choices for the Riddler? what about Crispin Glover?

and the reason why the usual suspects of Batman villains are being rehashed is because most of them not on the films already are quite cheesy. Clayface - really? imagine seeing the Puppeteer.

other non-mainstream choices for baddies could be Killer Croc or Hush.

Catwoman should be introduced fairly soon, as well, in the new Batman film mythos due to her being such an integral part.

I'd love to see eddie murphy as the riddler for pure kicks.

Batman is great because it's just batman, it's supposed to be always there.. what is a kids childhood without some batman.

He is deffo not the best super hero tho.

Just a cool comic style/super hero concept too.

just a nice flavor of cheesy fun.

Good icon to refer to aswell and make jokes with.

if they can pull it off, which I strongly believe they will given the financial backing any sequel to tdk will get, it might rival tdk. think about it: without the joker, tdk would have been merely okay. and the riddler doesn't have to be similar to the joker. he could be calculated, logical, and greedy. seems like it would make for some very clever set ups or museum robberies.

and the reason why the usual suspects of Batman villains are being rehashed is because most of them not on the films already are quite cheesy. Clayface - really? imagine seeing the Puppeteer.

I don't know I thought when they used those two villains on the animated series they handled them pretty well, some of the most dramatic episodes came from them. With cgi maybe it wouldn't look so cheezy. But I understand they are trying to distance themselves from the animated series.

Eh riddler sounds ok. The fanboy in me still jerks off thinking they'll eventually make the dark knight returns.

I still have nightmares about the Joel Schumachers monstrosity. You wouldn't think batman could get any more homosexual but there you go...

Last edited:
Honestly both actors would be horrible for the role, IMHO.

When was the last time Eddie Murphy did an action film? Actually, when was the last time Eddie Murphy did a film that wasn't geared towards 10 year old kids?

Johnny Depp is amazing in SOME roles, but he's honestly a bit TOO out there. He'd be too busy making the role SO eccentric that it probably wouldn't go over well. And again, are big budget action films really his shtick?

I'd say bring Carrey back before those guys. Just don't give him such a lame and ultra-flamerish costume to wear!

Last edited:
Why should they have to go with previous baddies? The new franchise has taken a different turn for the better, so why not introduce a new villain that is just as mad as Ledger's take on the Joker.

The film industry is always pandering to the comic book geeks & get slaughtered if it's "not right", or perish the thought, "unbelievable". Christ almighty, The Watchmen was almost comic still for frame reproduction & I can't think of anything dafter than paying to watch something I've already viewed in a comic strip.

However if they do go with the Riddler, I second Axl Blaze, Crispin Glover would be an excellent choice. :)